Reality and Faith | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Reality and Faith

And also a choice about which planet to reincarnate to I've heard.
Yes, yes. Reincarnating here is the literal definition of "extra credit" lol

From my perspective, whenever I transmit healing (whether it be in dreams, in person, or via distance), I always intend and pray that the outcome of it be for the highest good of the person. Sometimes it's death(when I sense someone is going to die
That's how I understand it too. The highest possible good maybe for the release of the person from this life.

In terms of incarnation. I agree with you @Skarekrow about having a choice,- but from what I understand from Buddhism is the concept that life is eternal. This does not mean that I am closed to different views, only that I have come to think of it like that.

If energy can only be recycled, and not dissipated, it makes sense to think of life as being eternal. What are your thoughts? If we choose not to reincarnate where are we?

That's how I understand it too. The highest possible good maybe for the release of the person from this life.

In terms of incarnation. I agree with you @Skarekrow about having a choice,- but from what I understand from Buddhism is the concept that life is eternal. This does not mean that I am closed to different views, only that I have come to think of it like that.

If energy can only be recycled, and not dissipated, it makes sense to think of life as being eternal. What are your thoughts? If we choose not to reincarnate where are we?
We do have a choice, yes, but there are always new lessons to learn, experiences to be had. The powerful beings you hear about in lore and other religions and faiths accumulated such a high degree of energetic authority because of the many, many incarnations they underwent. All of that wisdom and experience leads towards having a powerful gravitas about you.

Well, to my knowledge, when you die , you go to where it is most vibrationally fit for YOU. Some people take the time to rest, others are immediately ready to "jump back in". I have homes on several dimensions and planets and I know others who do as well. To put it as an aphorism; the world is your oyster.

Some people, and an important person who died this year made this choice...I can't say whom because I promised not to tell...will choose to be no more and merge permantly with Source.

I didn't want to come this time around, I was technically "done", but I was strongly persuaded to incarnate here to help the world and help my father.

What I find even more interesting is this...
The majority of healing that is documented as seemingly influenced by prayer is that it does show some significant measurable effects.
The curious part is that some showed an opposite effect (though in only a few studies).
I wonder why?
What made the difference?
(not expecting an answer, just food for thought)
Faith is a measure of how much you can believe but not everything is true. Maybe they just got lucky or there actually is a God who is pleased with people who have faith like nobody else.

Reactions: Skarekrow
We do have a choice, yes, but there are always new lessons to learn, experiences to be had. The powerful beings you hear about in lore and other religions and faiths accumulated such a high degree of energetic authority because of the many, many incarnations they underwent. All of that wisdom and experience leads towards having a powerful gravitas about you.

Well, to my knowledge, when you die , you go to where it is most vibrationally fit for YOU. Some people take the time to rest, others are immediately ready to "jump back in". I have homes on several dimensions and planets and I know others who do as well. To put it as an aphorism; the world is your oyster.

Some people, and an important person who died this year made this choice...I can't say whom because I promised not to tell...will choose to be no more and merge permantly with Source.

I didn't want to come this time around, I was technically "done", but I was strongly persuaded to incarnate here to help the world and help my father.
What?

@Skarekrow ...

because I am, I can ;)

Faith IS success in life
Faith is the catalyst within
Faith is the belief to begin
Faith is the foundation and the frame
Faith is the power that helps you win
Faith is the concentration of your brain
Faith is the power to know and to do
Faith is the cure for 'NO' and those that 'Lose'
Faith is your spirit, your sinews, your soul
Faith is the body that truly has all control
Faith is the beginning and the end
Faith is everything therein
Faith can move mountains and valleys and hills
But faith can do NOTHING...
Unless YOU are there.

@Skarekrow ...

because I am, I can ;)

Faith IS success in life
Faith is the catalyst within
Faith is the belief to begin
Faith is the foundation and the frame
Faith is the power that helps you win
Faith is the concentration of your brain
Faith is the power to know and to do
Faith is the cure for 'NO' and those that 'Lose'
Faith is your spirit, your sinews, your soul
Faith is the body that truly has all control
Faith is the beginning and the end
Faith is everything therein
Faith can move mountains and valleys and hills
But faith can do NOTHING...
Unless YOU are there.

Love it!

Faith is a measure of how much you can believe but not everything is true. Maybe they just got lucky or there actually is a God who is pleased with people who have faith like nobody else.

Well...that would be having blind faith.
What about well studied and informed faith (no particular religion)?
You can believe tomorrow is the end of the world to the point of giving yourself a heart attack or a stroke - at least locked up.

It just seems that there are an awfully large collection of faith-based acts, from all the major religions, performed by their Messiah or Prophet - I don’t find it out of the realm of our limited understanding of this reality, that these things could be accomplished...but why not recently?

Is the devotion to God (in whatever form you believe or don’t) somehow not as holistic as it once was?
What is stopping modern day miracle workers from doing these seemingly superhuman feats?

Reactions: Sandie33

I suppose we will find out sooner rather than later (in terms of lifespan).
When my Dad died from cancer in 2007, I had a very vivid and profound dream.
I was standing in the dark and foggy woods...which is a very cozy place for me personally.
And I was looking through the window of a house with the lights on.
Inside was my Dad, Mom, siblings, relatives, ME, people I didn’t yet know but somehow knew they would become a part of my life.
And we were all laughing, talking, no care in the universe.
For just a moment right as the dream was ending and as I was waking up (covered in tears), I seemed to have glimpsed the totality of our existence here on Earth...and it was figuratively what seemed like the blink of an eye - that is what this life is.
So amazingly quick that it was comforting knowing that we should constantly refocus our attention away from personal problems...like my back pain, etc. and focus instead on the greater picture which I saw momentarily.
It was a most comforting dream.

Well...that would be having blind faith.
What about well studied and informed faith (no particular religion)?
You can believe tomorrow is the end of the world to the point of giving yourself a heart attack or a stroke - at least locked up.

It just seems that there are an awfully large collection of faith-based acts, from all the major religions, performed by their Messiah or Prophet - I don’t find it out of the realm of our limited understanding of this reality, that these things could be accomplished...but why not recently?

Is the devotion to God (in whatever form you believe or don’t) somehow not as holistic as it once was?
What is stopping modern day miracle workers from doing these seemingly superhuman feats?
There is more faith in logic and sense than logic in faith all around. Faith is intuitive more than it is blind. Sensors think its emotion we have for things that don't exist and other intuitive people just stand confused to the facts and to what they believe. The problem lies within relativity. Everybody thinks they're right. Well-studied faith is ironic, you can never understand fully what you believe. I don't know why it works that way. Maybe space ends at one point, that's faith. And maybe it doesn't. What's worse believing in everything or not believing at all?

There is more faith in logic and sense than logic in faith all around. Faith is intuitive more than it is blind. Sensors think its emotion we have for things that don't exist and other intuitive people just stand confused to the facts and to what they believe. The problem lies within relativity. Everybody thinks they're right. Well-studied faith is ironic, you can never understand fully what you believe. I don't know why it works that way. Maybe space ends at one point, that's faith. And maybe it doesn't. What's worse believing in everything or not believing at all?

I’m not disagreeing with you, just trying to get more detail from you.
Thanks.
I agree that there is reason and reality to a certain point, and then there is faith.
I do believe personally that our faith can and does shape our reality, subjective or not.
Please don’t think I associate well-studied with thinking something is certain or that the reaches of it have been found, but rather that it helps to reinforce personal ideas of what faith is, whatever that may be for the individual.
Reason, should be as a stepping stone for faith.

Reactions: Sandie33
I’m not disagreeing with you, just trying to get more detail from you.
Thanks.
I agree that there is reason and reality to a certain point, and then there is faith.
I do believe personally that our faith can and does shape our reality, subjective or not.
Please don’t think I associate well-studied with thinking something is certain or that the reaches of it have been found, but rather that it helps to reinforce personal ideas of what faith is, whatever that may be for the individual.
Reason, should be as a stepping stone for faith.

No no I know you are just playing devil's advocate. Literally jk. Its hard to look at faith independently. People don't know if they have that stepping stone to believe or not. Its subjective or eerie I don't know one or the other.

Reactions: Skarekrow
No no I know you are just playing devil's advocate. Literally jk. Its hard to look at faith independently. People don't know if they have that stepping stone to believe or not. Its subjective or eerie I don't know one or the other.

It is subjective, but there are seemingly correlative effects observed by, mass prayer/meditation that we don’t yet have a good explanation for (so it gets filed under *shrug* or at worst “bullshit”) or a good working model.
We have certain ideas that mankind has put forth to explain such things...and it’s hard to say if our early ancestors could see a difference happening with their own willpower and assigned the power as coming from some God, or if it was the other way around and their belief in God or some other type deity that made the difference.
If you check out the second post of this thread there are some really good scientific studies on the power of prayer, and most have inconclusive results because they have no explanation or working model of how it could be other than there IS something happening.