Punching Nazis | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Punching Nazis

[
So according to Flavus, genocide is just some other opinion.

"We're all equal, guys. Really."

What a crock of shit.
Richard Spencer does not identify himself with the Nazi's. Respecting how people identify themselves, using the correct pronouns, and not imposing your biases/bigotries on them is important for equality and justice. Bigots are calling him a Nazi... that's offensive.

I thought you were turning over a new leaf in that respect.

[

Richard Spencer does not identify himself with the Nazi's. Respecting how people identify themselves, using the correct pronouns, and not imposing your biases/bigotries on them is important for equality and justice. Bigots are calling him a Nazi... that's offensive.

This seems really contrived. You're not doing a very good job of faking your morality.

Reactions: Free

OH MY GOD THAT'S GOLD!

You're saying, that calling Richard Spencer a Nazi, is the same as not respecting someone's pronouns. You don't see the difference.

And yet you see fit to berate me over transphobia.

Wow.

Just wow.

OH MY GOD THAT'S GOLD!

You're saying, that calling Richard Spencer a Nazi, is the same as not respecting someone's pronouns. You don't see the difference.

And yet you see fit to berate me over transphobia.

Wow.

Just wow.
I think everyone has the right to identify themselves. Wow.

I think flavus has a good point and you guys are mad because he is pointing out your hypocrisy.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila
I think flavus has a good point and you guys are mad because he is pointing out your hypocrisy.

No, see, your gender isn't an opinion, political position, or philosophy, it's who you are. I don't get to call out or mock you on the basis of your race, gender, sexuality. I do get to call out your opinions though.

I'll call Richard Spencer a Nazi if I wish, but I'm still using the pronouns he'd prefer.

No, see, your gender isn't an opinion, political position, or philosophy, it's who you are. I don't get to call out or mock you on the basis of your race, gender, sexuality. I do get to call out your opinions though.

I'll call Richard Spencer a Nazi if I wish, but I'm still using the pronouns he'd prefer.
Just because freedom of religious and political affiliation has a longer history of acknowledgement, than freedom of gender affiliation, it doesn't give anyone the right to force someone into an affiliation they don't consent to.

I don't get to call out or mock you on the basis of your race, gender, sexuality. I do get to call out your opinions though.

That's just like, your opinion man.

Reactions: acd
I think he's just amusing himself because I don't believe he legitimately cares.

He may not care, but he still has a good point. He's also using consistent logic.

He may not care, but he still has a good point. He's also using consistent logic.

It's not actionable because perfect equality would make justice and morality unjust and immoral, because both involve defining things for other people whether they agree to it or not.

Logic is not everything.

It's not actionable because perfect equality would make justice and morality unjust and immoral, because both involve defining things for other people whether they agree to it or not.

Logic is not everything.
Actions are policed and judged, not thoughts/opinions/preferences.

Just don't punch someone unless they punch you first.

Of course people who are likely to get punched are opposed to it lol.

Are they wrong?

In my opinion, they might be, but I'm also not sure that leftist types would like the increased likelihood of getting punched this would entail. Remember, Trump supporters themselves are saying they're taking a page from you guys, so what lookslike a climate favoring you guys one day might not look like that tomorrow.

It was certainly worse to do it when they did, especially if their intent was to prevent Richard Spencer from speaking through intimidation.

Talk shit, get hit.

Actions are policed and judged, not thoughts/opinions/preferences.

Just don't punch someone unless they punch you first.
Spreading thoughts, opinions and preferences is an action. And is often an incitement to action.

These aren't just thoughts in a vacuum. Richard Spencer wants things to happen.

Are they wrong?

In my opinion, they might be, but I'm also not sure that leftist types would like the increased likelihood of getting punched this would entail. Remember, Trump supporters themselves are saying they're taking a page from you guys, so what lookslike a climate favoring you guys one day might not look like that tomorrow.

It was certainly worse to do it when they did, especially if their intent was to prevent Richard Spencer from speaking through intimidation.
Who are "you guys?"

I'm not afraid of getting punched. I grew up with it.

Reactions: Free
There's been an increase of racist attacks since the election, but punching a Nazi is where we draw the line.