[PUG] Intuitives contrasted to Sensors | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Intuitives contrasted to Sensors

IMO a big problem many of us Ns have is what I call the "conceit of the intellectual", the notion that intellectual pursuits are more inherently worthy and important and valuable than practical pursuits. This attitude was extremely common in Graeco-Roman society, Greek and Roman intellectuals routinely belittled practical pursuits as vulgar and contaminating, which could not be further from the truth. The job of the ISFP interior decorator, or the ISTJ engineer, or ESFJ manager, can be just as mentally taxing as that of the INTJ scientist, INFP poet, or ENFJ journalist.

Check out the Graves model of Spiral Dynamics. It's good stuff.

The more developed intuitives, once they hit about stage 5 in spiral dynamics, start to understand the subjectivity of big pictures. But it is a mistake to just throw that out and say "it's subjective and therefore useless or irrelevant." Instead, what you have to learn to do is match up the right big picture to the right situation.

I am a big fan of the Spiral Dynamics model, it's a big help with getting into another person's head. No use using Green-level arguments with a Blue-level Evangelical Christian, explain things in a way that fit's that person's conceptual system.

Reactions: NeverAmI
I am a big fan of the Spiral Dynamics model, it's a big help with getting into another person's head. No use using Green-level arguments with a Blue-level Evangelical Christian, explain things in a way that fit's that person's conceptual system.

My current personal growth project is learning to achieve various outcomes in social interaction: convincing, manipulating, raising my status, raising the status of others around me, exhilarating people, etc. Image management is not something that came naturally to me!

So ya, you're probably right, I'm not using the correct level of arguments. I'm learning.

Reactions: NeverAmI
thats a interesting idea, I'll have to try that sometime, thanks duty