May 4, 2010
Canada
MBTI
INFJ (IEI)
Enneagram
4w5 so/sx
*Sorry if this topic has already been posted*

I came across this website: http://www.ptypes.com/

Basically, it describes various personality styles that look loosely related to both enneagram and MBTI. (Moreso MBTI, since it's based on Jungian psychology and the four modern temperaments (Idealist, Traditionalist, Rationalist and Hedonist). It's like enneagram in that it focuses on the healthy and unhealthy versions of each type, and lists common virtues and vices associated with each type.

The types are as follows:
IDEALISTS: (Most Likely NF's)
Conscienscious- ENFJ
Vigilant- ENFP
Sensitive- INFJ
Dramatic- INFP

TRADITIONALISTS: (Most Likely SJ's)
Liesurely- ESTJ
Serious- ISTJ
Self-Sacrificing- ESFJ
Devoted- ISFJ

RATIONALISTS: (Most likely NT's)
Aggressive- ENTJ
Idiosyncratic- INTJ
Inventive- ENTP
Solitary- INTP

HEDONISTS: (Most likely SP's)
Self-Confident- ESTP
Adventurous-ISTP
Mercurial- ESFP
Exuberant- ISFP

It was interesting to note that when I looked at each of the descriptions of the personaltiy styles, I identified with some I didn't expect to.
People who assess which personality style fits them usually rank them from most like them to least. This kind of brings to light the functions used that are less common for Idealists.

My ranking:
1) Sensitive
2) Devoted
3) Idiosyncratic
4) Serious

So, for all of you.....I'm interested to see which ones you identify with and what you think of this system.
If anything, it's an intriguing alternative.

Last edited:
You know, I honestly think that that is a fairly
good and systematic way to loosely describe
these types.

Mine:

1.) Sensitive.

2.) Devoted.

3.) Conscientious.

4.) Dramatic.

*Sorry if this topic has already been posted*

I came across this website: http://www.ptypes.com/

Basically, it describes various personality styles that look loosely related to both enneagram and MBTI. (Moreso MBTI, since it's based on Jungian psychology and the four modern temperaments (Idealist, Traditionalist, Rationalist and Hedonist). It's like enneagram in that it focuses on the healthy and unhealthy versions of each type, and lists common virtues and vices associated with each type.

The types are as follows:
IDEALISTS: (Most Likely NF's)
Conscienscious
Vigilant
Sensitive
Dramatic

TRADITIONALISTS: (Most Likely SJ's)
Liesurely
Serious
Self-Sacrificing
Devoted

RATIONALISTS: (Most likely NT's)
Aggressive
Idiosyncratic
Inventive
Solitary

HEDONISTS: (Most likely SP's)
Self-Confident
Adventurous
Mercurial
Exuberant

It was interesting to note that when I looked at each of the descriptions of the personaltiy styles, I identified with some I didn't expect to.
People who assess which personality style fits them usually rank them from most like them to least. This kind of brings to light the functions used that are less common for Idealists.

My ranking:
1) Sensitive
2) Devoted
3) Idiosyncratic
4) Serious

So, for all of you.....I'm interested to see which ones you identify with and what you think of this system.
If anything, it's an intriguing alternative. Also, which MBTI type do you think matches each PType?

1. Sensitive
2. Devoted
3. Serious
4. Dramatic
5. Self-Sacrificing

You know, I honestly think that that is a fairly
good and systematic way to loosely describe
these types.

I agree :)

(Moreso MBTI, since it's based on Jungian psychology and the four modern temperaments (Idealist, Traditionalist, Rationalist and Hedonist). It's like enneagram in that it focuses on the healthy and unhealthy versions of each type, and lists common virtues and vices associated with each type.

Sounds like a very blatant Keirsey rip-off.

Sounds like a very blatant Keirsey rip-off.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's like a looser version of Kiersey, though, since it's not quite as specific.

Interesting :)

I'd be

1. Adventurous
2. Sensitive
3. Leisurely
4. Vigilant
5. Self-sacrificing

Probably.

http://www.ptypes.com/correspondence.html
Just noticed this page ^^^
The purpose of PTypes is to take various apsects of psychology (Enneagram, Kiersey, Personality Disorders, and even Astrological types).

The INFJ Type is sopposedly the "Sensitive" type (makes sense). It's also based on Ennegram 4 w. 5, and is associated with Avoidant perosnality disorder.

Reactions: jyrffw54
no...quiz? ;__;
not that I'm lazy, but I'm avoiding self-based judgement.

no...quiz? ;__;
not that I'm lazy, but I'm avoiding self-based judgement.

Good point. There's a quiz, but you have to buy it, unfortunately :(
Although, a lot of people disregard MBTI quizzes, and research on their own anyway. It just depends on your self-assessment preferences I guess.

1.) Conscientious
2.) Self-Sacrificing
3.) Serious
4.) Devoted
5.) Sensitive

It's just rewritten MBTI stuff. Nevertheless, it gives further insight to each temperment.