President Donald Trump | Page 88 | INFJ Forum

President Donald Trump

Looks finished already! Just like the wall!
God bless America. What a beautiful shithole it has become!

donald-trump-eagle-head-3.jpg
Dis is beautiful. I must have it on my bathroom wall.

@Eventhorizon I’m here to try and save you. Yes I know I’m just a ditzy blonde woman but looks can be deceiving. Hang in there as I’m reading thread now. It’s not fair that everyone picks on you and I feel it’s my duty to put an end to this!

Great news. Trump is officially planning his 2020 run. Thats means he WANTS a second term. I was a little worried he might say f it after all hes has to deal with from drooling mouth breathers on the fake news channels but nope, he wants a second term and America wins for it. Trump, makin America great again!
Yass!! Trump is making my life so great right now I can hardly contain my enthusiasm!! My life couldn’t be any better unless I could actually afford healthcare. :/

Last edited:
...American steel that's more expensive to produce, and that can't be produced in adequate quantity to meet US production demand.

Say it with me, EH: lack of supply + high demand = increased prices. This is 3rd grade shit.

The only winners in this scenario are (maybe) the management and stockholders of US steel companies. Blue collar workers don't win in the long term because over time producers will continue to do everything possible to cut costs, meaning fewer employees / increased automation. They'll also be the hardest hit by the inevitable cascade of price increases across consumer products.
Well its more expensive to porduce because the US demands funny things like worker safety where China doesnt care about that sort of thing. They also have quite a buisness going with child labor.

Look I dont profess to be an expert on it. But I do know Trumps not doing it to hurt America or Americans. When I get around to it Ill start looking for his thoughts on why its a good idea.

She is representing the views of her constituents like she is supposed to do....she happens to live in an area that produces steel and aluminum, so of course she is wanting it if she wants to get reelected.

"She decried the job losses and "corporate collapse" that has stemmed from China, Russia and Vietnam "back-dooring" goods into the United States via "predatory practices."

"I've served in Congress for over three decades. We've been waiting for this. We don't want to wait for the steel industry collapse. We can't afford to have the aluminum industry collapse in this country," said Kaptur.

Republicans by and large did not express support for Trump's plan, with Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) saying "whoever advised him on this ought to be reprimanded." Kaptur said "industrial America" does not share Hatch's view on the issue. "

Skarekrow summed it up pretty well but in a nutshell, industrial unions (traditionally democratic voters, ironically enough) tend to view US protectionism as a good thing that preserves manufacturing jobs. Whether or not that's actually the case is highly debatable. Point being, Kaptur represents one of the few parts of the country that remains very union-heavy and dependent on industrial production, so she has to play to her constituents' perceptions of what is best for them.

Honestly I couldn't care less about partisan support for this tariff structure one way or the other. It's a dumb idea that is bad for the overall health of the economy and has proven time and again not to work. Nixon's tariffs probably got him reelected in '72, but were also instrumental in the most staggering inflation spike in this nation's history.

Skarekrow summed it up pretty well but in a nutshell, industrial unions (traditionally democratic voters, ironically enough) tend to view US protectionism as a good thing that preserves manufacturing jobs. Whether or not that's actually the case is highly debatable. Point being, Kaptur represents one of the few parts of the country that remains very union-heavy and dependent on industrial production, so she has to play to her constituents' perceptions of what is best for them.

Honestly I couldn't care less about partisan support for this tariff structure one way or the other. It's a dumb idea that is bad for the overall health of the economy and has proven time and again not to work. Nixon's tariffs probably got him reelected in '72, but were also instrumental in the most staggering inflation spike in this nation's history.

Yep...car manufacturing, construction, etc. will all be paying higher prices and passing it along to the consumer.
Thanks Trump!

Yeah I could care less about partisan support as well. Did you read the article because I certainly skipped right past who supported it. I was more interested in why Trump is pushing it.

Reactions: infinite dreams
@Eventhorizon since you appear eager to learn more about this subject, I found a few articles outlining some of the reasons why people think this move is a horrible idea. I was careful to avoid any news sources you would find distasteful such as CNN, NBC, PBS, Washington Post, NY Times etc etc. (note, I don't give a rat's ass that your rebuttal post above came from chronically biased Fox News, as I am capable of sorting out facts for myself regardless of source).

The Baltimore Sun - Trump tariffs won't bring back steel mills

No matter what policies President Donald Trump pursues, it’s not coming back, and neither are the thousands of jobs lost over the decades at the nation’s remaining steel mills. The competition from overseas producers that is at the heart of Mr. Trump’s proposed 25 percent tariff on steel and 10 percent tariff on aluminum is part of the reason for declining steel mill employment, certainly, but the bigger story is technology, innovation, automation and productivity gains. Just like Mr. Trump’s promise to bring back the coal industry, his planned steel and aluminum tariffs are based on a naive nostalgia, and they could come at a tremendous cost.

Marketwatch - Trump's tariffs will hurt the 6.5 million U.S. workers at steel-consuming manufacturers

“Workers in these consuming sectors will likely be hurt by higher steel prices,” they said. “Domestic manufacturers could also eventually switch to importing whole components of finished products that are made from steel to reduce their product costs, which would lead to reduced domestic steel demand in the long term.”

St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via Reuters) - Europe threatens to slap tariffs on bourbon, Harleys and Levi's as part of escalating trade war (oh yeah, I forgot - retaliation could hurt US exports, further trickling down to employees of the companies that produce goods for export. Win-win!)

The European Union is considering applying 25 percent tariffs on $3.5 billion of goods — a third steel, a third industrial goods and a third agricultural — to "rebalance" bilateral trade, EU sources said.

The Albany Times-Union - "Shooting ourselves in the foot": Concerns about tariffs abound

"It isn't only what it costs you to make something, but also what you can sell your product for," he said. "It's going to affect all of us in this industry. And the government doesn't pay that 25 percent, the customer pays it."
He's also concerned about the ramifications for companies that sell products to other countries.
"If we won't buy their product, they're not going to buy ours," he said. "It's truly a world economy now and other nations are not just going to sit back and let us do this. They're going to retaliate, and I shudder to think of what some of that might be."

The Wall Street Journal - Trump's steel-tariffs plan rattles GOP lawmakers

The president’s announcement of plans to put barriers on steel and aluminum imports drew quick condemnation from GOP lawmakers who almost uniformly labeled the action a “tax” because of the potential costs for manufacturers in their districts who use the metals.

“The president is proposing a massive tax increase on American families,” said Sen. Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican. “You’d expect a policy this bad from a leftist administration, not a supposedly Republican one.”

The Wall Street Journal - Why beer could get more expensive under Trump's tariff

The Beer Institute, a trade group, said the tariff would amount to a $347.7 million tax on beverages served in cans and result in the loss of tens of thousands of jobs.
“Businesses don’t assume cost increases, they pass them on to consumers. That’s the nature of business,” said Nico von Stackelberg, a consumer-goods analyst at Liberum. (bolded for emphasis)

Yeah I could care less about partisan support as well. Did you read the article because I certainly skipped right past who supported it. I was more interested in why Trump is pushing it.
I’m happy to see you actually do care.

upload_2018-3-2_13-59-0.png
shouldn't surprise me that @Happy Phantom liked this

Last edited:
NBC reporting it, so obviously it's irrelevant, liberal, fabricated tabloid propaganda - but they allege the Tariff plan was instigated by Wilbur Ross (coincidentally, a heavy investor in American steel companies) at a point when he could basically get Trump "alone" and free of potential opposition from other advisers. Hmmm...

:hmmm:
Again I am not an expert but reading that one article this is what I took away. Other countries put a tariff on our imports. A 50% tariff on steel acording to what I read. We apparently put a 0% tariff currently on similar imports to our country.
Can anyone address this?

China has been dumping tons of CO2 into the atmosphere producing twice as much steel as it uses then dumping that steel into markets around the world, Fuck them.

Sorry. The fact is people bad mouth Trump for everything he does. Why is this any different? I really doubt it is. Maybe its not but even so, you cry wolf to many times and people just stop listening. Trumps more intelligent than any democrat I can think of. And the republicans stumbling over themselves are probably losing something out of the deal. Me? Trumps a leader, something we have not had in many many years. Im going to sit back and see how it unfolds. If it turns out to be a bad decision well, I guess that makes 1 wrong out of a 100 right.

Sorry. The fact is people bad mouth Trump for everything he does. Why is this any different? I really doubt it is. Maybe its not but even so, you cry wolf to many times and people just stop listening. Trumps more intelligent than any democrat I can think of. And the republicans stumbling over themselves are probably losing something out of the deal. Me? Trumps a leader, something we have not had in many many years. Im going to sit back and see how it unfolds. If it turns out to be a bad decision well, I guess that makes 1 wrong out of a 100 right.

So in the face of overwhelming evidence, you still back Trump's reasoning because, and I quote, "The fact is people bad mouth Trump for everything he does. Why is this any different? I really doubt it is."

DAMN, EH, you got us there. Way to assess the situation logically.

Just admit that you're an automaton; a shill for Trump, parroting whatever propaganda you're fed, and you might regain a shred of intellectual dignity. Otherwise, you're dismissed as a common troll. No more brainpower than the typical drunk redneck sucking Putin's dick on Facebook.

Last edited:
So in the face of overwhelming evidence, you still back Trump's reasoning because, and I quote, "The fact is people bad mouth Trump for everything he does. Why is this any different? I really doubt it is."

DAMN, EH, you got us there. Way to assess the situation logically.

Just admit that you're an automaton; a shill for Trump, parroting whatever propaganda you're fed, and you might regain a shred of intellectual dignity. Otherwise, you're dismissed as a common troll. No more brainpower than the typical drunk redneck sucking Putin's dick on Facebook.
Thats pretty harsh and theres really no reason for it. I can admit the things I dont know. I am not a buisness man, at least not yet and maybe never. I do not know enough about this situation concerning the possible effects of tariffs. Ive said that. I am willing to let the President decide if its a good idea because I do not know everything about everything. Beyond that I am correct when I say the media and liberal minded people go well out of their way to demonize every single thing Trump does including the things hes been sucessful at which is a great many things. So yeah, Im giving the benifit of the doubt to him and willing to let him take the reins without forming and opinion on this one matter as to whether its good or bad. As I, or if I aquire more information in the future I may change my mind but for now, Im good.

You have a lot of misplaced anger in you.

You have a lot of misplaced anger in you.

Nice try at misdirection, but not even close to right.

It simply pains me to see someone with a modicum of intelligence throw themselves at the whims of a lifelong professional con artist. I will give Trump one thing, he's damn good at hoodwinking the shit out of people by telling them what they want to hear.

You'll figure it out eventually.

Nice try at misdirection, but not even close to right.

It simply pains me to see someone with a modicum of intelligence throw themselves at the whims of a lifelong professional con artist. I will give Trump one thing, he's damn good at hoodwinking the shit out of people by telling them what they want to hear.

You'll figure it out eventually.
Misdirection? I cant be any more direct. Its clear where your OPINION comes from. What proof do you have Trump is a con artist? Calling him that shows your preformed bias. Whether tariffs are implemented or not just isnt something I am interested in. Its low on the list of things that need to be addressed in this country in my mind. Damn me for not forming an opinion and damn me for not arriving at exactly the same state of anger as you.