Prayer | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Prayer

The thing with the spiritual life is that there is so, so much going....nuances, symbolism, presence, so there is one part to prayer that is just attentiveness. Not so much a conscious effort but more of a mode of living...with experience it is as natural as breathing.

I think that this could certainly be debated. People have widely different yet oftentimes some similar experiences with prayer. I chanted for 4 and 1/2 hours yesterday and I can really see how this has helped some major experiences in my life today. People who don't chant do not have the frame of reference to identify with this type of practice. I can assure you this is a very powerful type of prayer.

I think one can extract some very useful insights and practices from these places...and rework them to apply to the everyday world we live in. In the end, there are balances we all do well with if they are in place.[/QUOTe

I can see what you are saying. This comes to our own evaluation of what we need in our lives and when we need it in our life. I think that people, when they have things they want to work out will do marathon praying. I think that this is not only for Buddhism. It depends on the person and what they are trying to achieve. I think that in this case I can only think of my own perspective simply because I have reasons and motivations that go beyond the scope of this thread.

I do see what you are saying. I do respect your opinion.

I think one can extract some very useful insights and practices from these places...and rework them to apply to the everyday world we live in. In the end, there are balances we all do well with if they are in place.

This is very true!!

I do respect your opinion.
And I very much respect yours, too!!

I remember once upon a time in my life being very concerned about spending appropriate time in prayer, failing in being disciplined. A minister told me not to worry so much about that....he suggested that I instead try being aware of when God's Spirit was calling me to prayer, and to pray then...respond to this calling. Wow...that sure flipped everything around!! It was one of those moments that changed everything!!

I am reminded of this simple openness as I read the "Blessings" thread and the wonderful, heartfelt, less structured, and wonderfully simple/direct modes of prayer people are using/finding. Beautiful!! By following these instincts, I think many of us are also following this inner "beckoning of the heart" that the Great Divine Unity (God) invites us into.

Last edited:
I agree!!!! ( in my own way) I think my path (in Buddhism) is a similar path as yours! We both pray for love and compassion and peace!!!

I hope I did not presume too much . This is what I got from your thread :)

What I am trying to say is that I think you are a brother in faith!