[INFJ] - Post Your Enneagram Tritype | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Post Your Enneagram Tritype

For INFJs only, post your Enneagram tritype here with the wings. Mine is:
2w1 - 6w5 - 9w1

Well it came out 5w4, 4w5, 9w1 but I’m increasingly feeling the order of these is wrong. I’m comfortable with the three, but not quite so much with leading 5 depending on whose description of it I go with. But I’m not all that familiar with the finer details of the Enneagram yet,

Surely ...
Just did a trityoe test and got 845, where I had to choose the statement which fit the most from a number of options, but I have to say that a lot of the options were very leading and I had to choose many that didn't really apply as a 'lesser of two/three evils' type of approach.

I was never sure about tritype... Puzzlenuzzle tried to help me figure it out at one point but I can't remember what we concluded on.

I consistently come out as 1w2, though.

Just did a trityoe test and got 845, where I had to choose the statement which fit the most from a number of options, but I have to say that a lot of the options were very leading and I had to choose many that didn't really apply as a 'lesser of two/three evils' type of approach.

I was never sure about tritype... Puzzlenuzzle tried to help me figure it out at one point but I can't remember what we concluded on.

http://enneagramuserguide.com/tests/tritype-wing
Try this @Deleted member 16771 ;)

It’s just that you are an obvious scholar. But like with my own Enneagram, 5 only seems a partial fit and it doesn’t seem a good candidate for your leading type.

Hi Sandie, yeah that's the one I did! But I did it again for you, and changed one answer that was borderline, but got the same result...
View attachment 46533
I've got to say though, that I keep answering these from the perspective of 'how I behaved in my last workplace' rather than, say, how I behave in my personal life, with family abs friends, &c.

Doing these tests, my mind goes first to my 'external workplace persona' rather than my inner life, for some reason; but then isn't enneagram behavioural and not cognitive anyway?

Doing these tests, my mind goes first to my 'external workplace persona' rather than my inner life, for some reason; but then isn't enneagram behavioural and not cognitive anyway?
But your behaviour isn't just the workplace, it is private life too. To some degree your behaviour will always be dependent on your inner life.

I have also heard a few times that the enneagram describes our neuroses. I remember it was the topic of a video as well. Not sure if it will have merit for you, but it worked out well for me when deciding on the core type.

I have been taught to look at it this way - the first number represents the self, the second how we think we are, the third how we engage with the world.

Edit: That last thing explains for example how I come off slightly ENFP-ish when in a relaxed social environment.

Last edited:
It’s just that you are an obvious scholar. But like with my own Enneagram, 5 only seems a partial fit and it doesn’t seem a good candidate for your leading type.
Well If I answered from the perspective of how I'm doing my PhD... I wonder how different it would be.

I'm focused on the research completely. I don't attend all the little career and network-building events that others do - I abhor the necessity of networking and compromising maybe one's real perspective for the sake of harmony with colleagues, though equally I don't want to actually upset anyone.

The events that I attend are generally about helping the department out (e.g. I recently delivered a session to sixth formers for an outreach programme - OxNet).

What's yours, John? Are you confident about it?

I’m there earlier in the thread. I’m not happy with the output from the questionnaires so I’ve started to read the actual type descriptions. I think type 5 is too passive for me and leaves a hell of a lot out. I’m thinking 954 or 945 might be better, but I’m not really happy with any one of these 3 leading. Probably need to do more work understanding the concepts and descriptions.
Well it came out 5w4, 4w5, 9w1 but I’m increasingly feeling the order of these is wrong. I’m comfortable with the three, but not quite so much with leading 5 depending on whose description of it I go with. But I’m not all that familiar with the finer details of the Enneagram yet,

Just did a trityoe test and got 845

That's the tritype 458. I am of that tritype :) Except that I am a core 4. I hear it's quite a rare tritype.

458 usually corresponds to INFJ or INFP, 548/854 more often INTJ/INTP or even ENTJ (if leading with 8).

You can't be a 1w2 and a 845, though. I think your Gut is more likely 1. Check out the tritype 145.