Post Dating Friendship | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Post Dating Friendship

I have never been successful in remaining friends with my exes. I think it's because initially, the pain and grief over the end of the relationship is so strong I can't take being in contact with them, and then by the time I'm ready to be in contact (and it takes a while - I process slowly), so much time has passed that reestablishing contact seems very awkward, and I shy away from it.

I guess there's only one of my exes that I ever really wanted to stay friends with, despite the awkwardness of reestablishing contact. I felt like she understood me on a deeper level than any of my other significant girlfriends (maybe she didn't, but I felt like she did, and that was important to me). We did reestablish contact briefly, with some initial success, but after a few emails she cut me off for good. :(

I'd have to agree here. I've never been successful with keeping a relationship with an ex.. it takes months before I'm even "okay" enough to talk to them. And now, I just got out of this relationship with this INTP who would love to stay friends and hear from me everyday but I'm a little confused with whether or not I should walk away or try my hardest even though it's hurting me?!