Polyamory | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Polyamory

I don't think this is something you can avoid in monogomous relationships either. Since when were monogamous relationships known to be free of jealousy and doubt? Sometimes people in reality have stronger feelings for other people or have feelings for more than one person, but can't express this even to their own partner because it's not really conducive to sustaining a monogomous relationship. If you don't only have feelings for this one person, why stay with them, right? But these people want to stay with their one partner anyway, for the sake of conventionality, of consistency, of responsibility, or who knows what.

With polyamory, it is acknowledged that there is no reason for anyone to be anything but honest to one another. If you are sad that someone you love a lot loves someone else even more, then you have the freedom to continue searching the world for others to help fill your life, and the pleasure in knowing that your closest partner has the ability to do the same and reach more fulfillment and happiness while still having a role in your life.

Actually, I don't know how polyamory works. This is just how I imagine it does.
Yes, and no. It is inevitable, but at least in a monogamous relationship you are aware (to a certain ideal being upheld, at least), that this particular person that is with you now, chooses you. Depending on other people and their beliefs, sexual relationship (and all that entails) may or may not muddle the water further. And let's not even talk about having 3 or more people in the mixture....

If we are talking about ideals and moral layers; as long as being cheated still hurts, to a certain degree polyamory would not work for the person in question. What you'd described sounds like an idealization of a polyamorous relationship; and....human nature is more complicated than that.

I, for one, also have no idea of the actualities of the polyamory relationship more than you do >_> <_< and the idea is reprehensible for me, again. If I'm talking personally; knowing that the person I love loves someone else....that would be painful. Maybe it is greed or insecurity of wanting to take everything for myself, but on the other hand it's too easy to project that image of greediness to the partner in question. Polyamory seems to work greatly under the assumption of some moral ideal like what you'd mentioned above...and that ideal isn't working for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azazel