splott

Donor
Mar 18, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5/6: self pres
so how many poly-folks are on here?

Pwned. Iz like those "meaning of life" and "does god exist" threads, where a new thread on the same thing pops up all the time.

Interesting idea though. Feelings are weird.

That is the natural order of human beings but I choose not to follow through with it because monogamy allows me to have more important needs met once I consider the constraints of my culture. I mean, the extra pussy simply isn't worth the hassle it would make in other areas of my life. Namely, autonomy.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Maybe those should all be merged with this one

I'm open to polyamory to some extent. I guess it's what you'd call my "dating style" as in I'm open to having "relations" with a lot of people but once I settle on someone to really try and have a relationship with aka someone I truly love and care about, I'm quite monogamous.

Perhaps the thread should have been titled:

"Attention: calling all sluts and sleezebags"

Perhaps.

In the hypothetical world in which that thread title just might be an appropriate suggestion, what do you suppose the rationale would be for those advocating its use?

I'm open but aside from one RP (and that was more because of the parameters of the character) I've never been interested in more than one person at a time.

Perhaps the thread should have been titled:

"Attention: calling all sluts and sleezebags"

Perhaps.

Define "slut", define "Sleezebag".

what is it that you believe makes your subjective opinion on sexual ethics more "right" than others to the extent to which others must be given derogatory labels?

why is 'slut' even derogatory to begin with? Don't like women who get laid more than you do?

why is 'slut' even derogatory to begin with? Don't like women who get laid more than you do?

Slut is a derogatory word in the eyes of society, I debated whether I wanted to use the word "derogatory" in my response or not but I found it's intent in this instance was derogatory. I've always found it interesting that slut is derogatory although I would imagine it's more about some kind of preconceived moral high ground. I've heard women call each other sluts far more than I've heard men call women sluts. although it still does happen on both sides of the fence far too often.

Slut is a derogatory word in the eyes of society, I debated whether I wanted to use the word "derogatory" in my response or not but I found it's intent in this instance was derogatory. I've always found it interesting that slut is derogatory although I would imagine it's more about some kind of preconceived moral high ground. I've heard women call each other sluts far more than I've heard men call women sluts. although it still does happen on both sides of the fence far too often.

I don't really call people sluts but to me the difference is that a "slut" is someone with no morals, who is sexually promiscuous with loose morals, who doesn't care who they hurt but go and do whatever and whoever the fuck they want anyway. I have known people like this. But I do think the term "slut" is thrown around far too often.

I most certainly would not apply the term "slut" to people who are polyamorous anyway. I see nothing wrong with a polyamorous relationship provided all involved know all about it and have given consent.

I don't really call people sluts but to me the difference is that a "slut" is someone with no morals, who is sexually promiscuous with loose morals, who doesn't care who they hurt but go and do whatever and whoever the fuck they want anyway. I have known people like this. But I do think the term "slut" is thrown around far too often.

I most certainly would not apply the term "slut" to people who are polyamorous anyway. I see nothing wrong with a polyamorous relationship provided all involved know all about it and have given consent.

So your perception of slut has more to do with being dishonest than necessarily promiscuous? What is your definition of "morals" aside from honesty?

So your perception of slut has more to do with being dishonest than necessarily promiscuous? What is your definition of morals aside from honesty?

Morals are a very difficult thing to define, and it really depends on the situation for me.

My perception of slut isn't really about promiscuity.. that plays into it, but to be honest I don't really care how many people someone has slept with as long as it's consensual and both people are "allowed" (for lack of a better word) to sleep with whoever they like -- whether that be because they're single, in a polyamorous relationship, an open relationship, whatever. Where sleeping around becomes 'wrong' to me is if its nonconsensual, or behind people's backs -- when it hurts people.

My stance on his has been somewhat created by a girl I went to high school with. When she was single and slept with just about every male she knew in town, I didn't care. Her business. They were free to do what they liked, and so was she. No one got hurt, except for maybe her feelings when she figured out that fucking didn't equal loving. But really, no harm done. When it got into "slut" behaviour from my perspective, was when she got a boyfriend. She promised him and all of her friends that she was just devoted to him now. They were exclusive, no sleeping around with anyone else. He managed to stick to that. She didn't, and didn't even try to hide it from anyone except him. She slept with just as many, if not more, guys than she did when she was single and would lie to him about it every.fucking.day. He'd ask where she was and she'd claim to be at one of her girlfriends house. Shit like that is what I'd consider to be "sluttish" behaviour.

Reactions: This
yeah, sorry, I got that vibe too which is why I was getting defensive about it. I was sort of intending to agree with you / attacking Flavus more than attack you. sorry.
Morals are a very difficult thing to define, and it really depends on the situation for me.

My perception of slut isn't really about promiscuity.. that plays into it, but to be honest I don't really care how many people someone has slept with as long as it's consensual and both people are "allowed" (for lack of a better word) to sleep with whoever they like -- whether that be because they're single, in a polyamorous relationship, an open relationship, whatever. Where sleeping around becomes 'wrong' to me is if its nonconsensual, or behind people's backs -- when it hurts people.

My stance on his has been somewhat created by a girl I went to high school with. When she was single and slept with just about every male she knew in town, I didn't care. Her business. They were free to do what they liked, and so was she. No one got hurt, except for maybe her feelings when she figured out that fucking didn't equal loving. But really, no harm done. When it got into "slut" behaviour from my perspective, was when she got a boyfriend. She promised him and all of her friends that she was just devoted to him now. They were exclusive, no sleeping around with anyone else. He managed to stick to that. She didn't, and didn't even try to hide it from anyone except him. She slept with just as many, if not more, guys than she did when she was single and would lie to him about it every.fucking.day. He'd ask where she was and she'd claim to be at one of her girlfriends house. Shit like that is what I'd consider to be "sluttish" behaviour.
Still, I think that'd be better described as 'disloyal' than 'slutty'. Like, I get what you're saying, but I think in general, 'slut' means someone who is promiscuous and immoral, which for some people just means being promiscuous at all, which is really what I take issue with.

Still, I think that'd be better described as 'disloyal' than 'slutty'. Like, I get what you're saying, but I think in general, 'slut' means someone who is promiscuous and immoral, which for some people just means being promiscuous at all, which is really what I take issue with.

You are welcome to describe it how you like. But "slutty" is how I describe that behaviour. That behaviour is promiscuous and immoral. I am not someone who describes -just- promiscuity as sluttiness, as I said before. So I'm not sure why you're saying that to me?

Slut comes from the word, Slattern meaning a dirty or untidy woman. the term has broadened to mean a number of things ranging from a simply promiscuous person, to an adulterer, to a prostitute. It's interpretations can be taken in a number of ways.

You are welcome to describe it how you like. But "slutty" is how I describe that behaviour. That behaviour is promiscuous and immoral. I am not someone who describes -just- promiscuity as sluttiness, as I said before. So I'm not sure why you're saying that to me?

Because different people will interpret it differently :( This is one of those Fe-Fi conflicts isn't it.