Philosophy Of Love | INFJ Forum

Philosophy Of Love

Aoiluna

Aug 24, 2008
MBTI
intj
I have a friend who believes in this philosophy in which he loves everyone and shows it through actions. I am interested to see if it is indeed possible to love everyone regardless of what they do, say, think, or believe. He states that he doesn't unnecessarily like everyone, but shows his love for them. The first four entries for love in the dictionary are.....

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

I personally don't think I have the capability to feel love towards everyone, and don't understand how he feels this way.

Any insight to share?

I couldn't apply any of those definitions to everyone, maybe he says love but means something else? Like acceptance or appreciation.

My personal intuitive belief is that love is the desire for unity. Therefore, to establish any form of bond with another human being is to express love. The simplest bond any person can form is to acknowledge another person, which means to simply admit that they have value. Thus the only people you are incapable of loving are those whom you believe have no value.