Personality types and reactions | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Personality types and reactions

NFs also take my generalized opinions about things very personally.

Not sure why you sighted me on that one. Well, I guess you don't know me. I guess it's a type casting thing. I'm actually genuinely curious, on an intellectual level, not a reactive emotional level, what you call BS. I included my examples, as they are examples of situations where I grow impatient. They are the closest examples of what I call BS. Although, nothing is BS really. BS is a term used to excuse an abrupt dismissal, or alienation.

About the Doorslam: I've resorted to that with...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................several people. Not sure of the exact number. Wasn't easy. In fact, it was brutal for me. I don't think anyone will ever understand why I would go to such lengths, at least--understand it in a way that would be meaningful to me. This facet of my way of thinking goes a long way towards explaining why I don't really care what they think of my 'doorslam'. They wouldn't get it anyway, so why bother worrying about whether they think lowly of me or not?

I think a lot of people don't understand my thought process. I need a lot of time to Understand things. I can know things, but if I don't Understand them in the way that I need to Understand them (in other words, in a way that is meaningful to me and makes sense to my brain) then knowing it means nothing to me and I can't make head nor tail of it. When I have those moments of Understanding, then I KNOW. Until then, it's useless. Other people don't get it and never will, and I cannot care. That's just the way it is for me, and I make zero apologies for it.

I'm used to living around SJs so I find them easy to manipulate, have them do all the boring work and make it seem like they're the ones in charge.

Feelers and Fes in particular are the ones I have most trouble with. If I cry, it either means someone has died or it's the end of the world so to see a person break down in tears sets off huge flashing alarms in my head. "What happened, who's dead? Oh, you just can't get your hat on...I see."