Personality type changing because of sudden changes in life? | INFJ Forum

Personality type changing because of sudden changes in life?

Free Mind

I'm a Dragon! Rawr!
Nov 16, 2010
MBTI
INFJinity
Seem possible to you?

I have been thrown into the world of 'reality' lately, completely outside of my comfort zone and I feel many weird things attaching to me as I go through my 'average' day, like being impatient or angry and generally just not caring as much. I finish a day tired and worn out only wanting to go to sleep and end up repeating the process over and over again. I am not coming home with energy and motivation to draw or read things I wish. I sit there watching mindless entertainment on youtube until I would go to bed.

I need the drive to push myself into doing these more positive things that contribute to a more fulfilling existence, it's beginning to irritate me. I'm even finding it hard to relax currently and i've begun eating crap foods again because of my cannot be bothered attitude towards life sometimes. I've stopped doing things I used to do a lot like suddenly standing still in a particular area and reminding myself of a few things. It's become boring and pointless, even though it isn't.

I wouldn't say my personality type has been changed, it's just being put on hold until I can use it again? I've put on another face whilst keeping my other 1. I switch between the 2 when under stress or different circumstances than what i'm used to. I'm trapped by work, tiredness, people, 'real life' amongst other things. It doesn't seem like it's too much and un bearable, i've just gotten used to this pityful existence? I'm not liking it, but I don't care sometimes and continue living in this way.

I've been thinking a lot lately about jobs, life and the future and how it can all play out, I really need to get my act together and do something I know is right for me, something I will not get all 'depressed' about and begin to lose touch with my myself.

Um...Yeah. :m097::m050:

I was really negative in this post. It isn't this bad really, I just had to post the negative things affecting me currently. I seem to go a bit over the top on some things.

:m190:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7d14o42Nk"]YouTube - Carly Comando - Everyday[/ame]

I am really enjoying this song lately. :)

Reactions: middle1
There are seasons to life and some of these can be quite unnerving. I think the way we encounter our basic personality many change, but it does not change its true, essential nature. Eventually we have to return to some equilibrium, and this is generally more consistent with our truer self. That's how it has always worked for me anyway.

Reactions: anica and Free Mind
There are seasons to life and some of these can be quite unnerving. I think the way we encounter our basic personality many change, but it does not change its true, essential nature. Eventually we have to return to some equilibrium, and this is generally more consistent with our truer self. That's how it has always worked for me anyway.

Indeed, I can agree with that. Nice view point.

Thanks.

Eventually we have to return to some equilibrium, and this is generally more consistent with our truer self. That's how it has always worked for me anyway.

Yep. This.

I think you can change your type (assuming type is one such symbol of your personality) based on circumstances, but that would mean you're already in very deep and must back out before that happens. It's mostly mimicry if it's adapting; you try to mimic what simply -works- because of meh, you can't change life anyway.

Also, consider Shadow function, and Enneagram's disintegration points, if you already tested. All I've described is a way to describe a change in personality, but one that is temporary. Still, this happens when one's terribly stressed too, so..

*hugs*

I hope things will be better.

No, your type can not change. It remains the same throughout life unless you suffer a mental illness that physically changes your brain. Your type can appear to change, but it remains the same regardless of what actually happens to you in life.

I've had the same experience as OP.
It may feel like you are becoming a different person, or drifting away from your natural most comfortable self.. but in reality, I think you are just adapting to circumstances in your life.. this is what it feels like to have to think differently. I know what you mean. Hopefully, you will eventually find a balance.

Sometimes what I observe as changing behavior is actually me, just growing up.