Personality Dating Site. | INFJ Forum

Personality Dating Site.

S

Shai Gar

Heart to Mind
www.Heartomind.com

It's going to be, mostly just a profile site where you can create all your own text like you can do on www.OkCupid.com for an example http://www.okcupid.com/profile/DenArquivista. And similar to OkCupid.com, it'll be free.

Only this is going to allow you to create your own questions. There'll be an ability to ask yourself up to 20 questions, self editable. Currently on OkCupid there are only 10 questions, and they're not really all that good.
01. MY SELF-SUMMARY
02. WHAT I'M DOING WITH MY LIFE
03. I'M REALLY GOOD AT
04. THE FIRST THING(S) PEOPLE USUALLY NOTICE ABOUT ME
05. MY FAVORITE BOOKS, MOVIES, MUSIC, AND FOOD
06. THE SIX THINGS I COULD NEVER DO WITHOUT
07. I SPEND A LOT OF TIME THINKING ABOUT
08. ON A TYPICAL FRIDAY NIGHT I AM
09. THE MOST PRIVATE THING I'M WILLING TO ADMIT HERE
10. YOU SHOULD MESSAGE ME IF
Sure they're not bad for skimming over a person and seeing if they're worth contacting, but for really finding out, not so good.

There are lots of dating sites, though only one good free one. However even that one is more about letting everyone in, and is more than obviously taken over by the moron crowd. This website would be about people asking themselves the questions, with a forum backend. The questions a person publicly asks themselves and then proceeds to answer can tell you a whole lot about them.

These would be the Stock Questions:
01. MY SELF-SUMMARY.
02. WHAT I'M DOING WITH MY LIFE...
03. WHAT I REALLY LIKE DOING IN MY SPARE TIME...
04. THE BOOKS, MOVIES, AND PEOPLE THAT HAVE INFLUENCED ME, AND WHY.
05. THE SIX THINGS I COULD NEVER DO WITHOUT...
06. I SPEND A LOT OF TIME THINKING ABOUT...
07. ON MY FRIDAY (OR WORKING EQUIVILANT), I CAN BE FOUND (PLACE) DOING (VERB)?
08. WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR?

But from that point on you'd have 12 more questions you have the chance to ask yourself and answer. There'd be a "Vital Statistics" column, and in it, it'd list your MBTI, Enneagram, Age, Location (Continent, Region, and city if you choose, but that's up to you.) and your ZSS (Zombie Survivability Score out of 1000). All of those would have to be answered upon signing up. The MBTI, Enneagram and ZSS are all tests that you have to take, unless you click the "I know my MBTI/Enn" and click it on the dropdown box. Those are all user changable, except the ZSS, that stays the same until you retake the test. You'd also have the choice to say "I'm Not Datable" If we feel legally obligated in that you're too young for the interest (sexual minors by your own nations standards), or you don't want to have people contact you.

The "What you're looking for in a partner" tab would be my most incredibly interesting idea. Instead of a complex question/answer system to set you up with someone via matches, what you have is a very complex "What I want" section where you get the chance to write, in as complete detail as you want all about the type of person you want. You'd have the option of dropdown boxes for "MBTI", and such obvious ones, but you'd really get to shine with the chance to write for yourself. There's a minimum of 5 questions you'd have to answer, with the option of a further 15.

These would be the Stock Questions:
01. THEIR AMBITION AND DESIRES...
02. HOW I DEFINE MY PERFECT RELATIONSHIP, AND MARRIAGE IN GENERAL...
03. THE TYPES OF ACTIVITIES I'D LIKE TO DO WITH THEM...
04. THEIR SEXUAL NATURE...
05. THEIR POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS LEANINGS...

It'd have tabs to flick between your uploaded photographs (choice of 0 - 16), Forum Profile Visitors Page (where comments can be sent), what you're looking for in a partner, and your personal blog. It would also have a search function to be able to search for "Gender", "Age", "Sexual Orientation", "Location", "MBTI, "Enneagram". I'd like to work on this project with anyone who is willing to chip in and lend a hand.

This is the basic Idea I had with the banner.
heartomind.png

Ideas anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
The forum backend is going to be the social side of things, similar to here, but for all Temperaments. It'll be run on the same basic principles as here, except the goal of the site will be a social networking forum for those of all MBTI Temperaments who are interested in meeting others, while discussing all sorts of weird and wacky things.

honestly sounds like a great idea. only suggestion i can think of now is some way to make the profile page be able to weave into or somehow point to other profile pages you might have (your face book page or something). but i can see if you'd want to keep it separate too.

Yeah, that's a good idea, but I kind of want to keep this seperate, so that someone can talk about themselves for about 500,000 characters per question.
It's more about finding out about the person, who they really are and what they really want, before talking to them.

What I'm asking for here is help. If you know how to program and code websites, then I'm asking you for help in conceptual design. So that I can describe what I want to a programmer or programming company to help me build this. (Unless you want to actually help me build it)

For anyone who can do graphic design, what I'm asking for is help with the banner, and advice with colour schemes, buttons, and general artistic design advice.

Everyone else who cannot code, I'm asking for help in giving me ideas on functions you think I'm overlooking, so that when this gets off the drawing board, and goes into development, it becomes the best it can be.

I'm practically illiterate as far as programming and graphic design, and I have no experience with dating sites. That said, your setup sounds pretty complete to me.

Cheers BigEars :)

@EveryoneElse - My community development style has lead to a 100% successful venture rate. Including this forum. Chip in with ideas or help so that you can be a part of the "Next Big Thing".

"A list of people that are either owners, moderators, or helpers. This will tell them that this plan of action might actually make it to a live stage, because you're not just going at it by yourself."

Told him this on MSN. :m027:

The first moderators and administrators are going to come from here.

Ooh, sounds good so far. The main problem that occurs with the "social web" is a lack of quality control. It seems you've already figured that part out.

But I can see that graphic design might be a problem...

What programming languages/technologies are you planning to use?

How will the site be funded? Ads? Donations? Subscription? Would donors/subscribers have special benefits? If we use proprietary software software piracy be an option?

As for funding, I don't like ads, but if it comes to it for bandwidth, I'm good for them, for initial start up costs, then Donations or Lifetime Subscriptions seem like a good idea for additional benefits, such as 2000% larger mail boxes than anyone else and no ads for their profile.

I say 2000% larger because I might at some point increase the ordinary mail boxes.

I've got nothing against software piracy.

Edited to add: That said, I'd rather keep it free. Free makes it large, and vigilant moderators make it quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who can do graphic design, what I'm asking for is help with the banner, and advice with colour schemes, buttons, and general artistic design advice.

Oh, that sounds like fun and I'm bored. What is the color scheme?

I'm currently thinking Dark Blue and Purple. Currently? I've got no idea.

A collection of Greens?

Green, Orange and Purple?

Since you're including MBTI and Ennegrams are you going to list the best MBTI/Ennegram matches in terms of personality compatibility?

I might let people write blurbs or articles on it. But I'm going to let people choose for themselves.

Are you still working on your ultimate survival guide?