People accepting you to the extreme | INFJ Forum

People accepting you to the extreme

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Siamese cat, Jul 31, 2010.

Share This Page

More threads by Siamese cat
  1. Siamese cat

Siamese cat Madame Cat strikes again

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    It's not a problem per se, but it's something that happens to me a lot when I meet somebody new. After very little time people just invite me to their family meetings, to go out with their friends, to travel with them,... It seems like they trust me with an awful lot after just having met me. It's not that I don't deserve that trust but I do find it strange, because I'm not like that at all.

Does this happen to someone else? Why do you think that people react to you in such manner?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Faye

Faye ^_^
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    This has happened me to some extent.

Part of it is how they perceive you initially. You must not seem very threatening or out for your own good at their expense.

Another large part of it is your background and how much they know about it. If they know that you came from a good family, etc., that will make them more willing to trust.

The third explanation is that you're just a fantastic person they want around.

3. soulseeker

soulseeker Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    uhmm... maybe it's just you... people like you :)

no.. that does not happen to me... no one thinks I'm kind... no one thinks I'm trustworthy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. enfp can be shy

enfp can be shy people vs the bad people?
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    enfp
    Enneagram:
    -
    Maybe that's a good measure of one's own distrust - the surprise with other people trusting them? In communities where people trust each other a lot, it's just normal to be like that. Some don't lock doors etc. I think it's very easily variable. Like those pigeons that fly away when you approach, and those that don't mind you at all.

5. Bird

Bird Happy Go Lucky

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    I have this problem as well.

I'm not comfortable interacting with the friends and the family.
    I don't make good first impressions and I always question the motives of why one wants me to become such a large part of their life and then I worry that they're going to want to hang out with my friends and meet my family and all that jazz.
    I don't like to interact with people on more than a one-on-one setting.

When you cut someone out of your life, the less ties, the better.

I don't want to see your mother in the grocery store and be held for questioning because I haven't spoken to you in months.

6. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Quite agree. Don't particularly like being accountable to family members.

7. TinyBubbles

TinyBubbles anarchist

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    people just adore you SC, how could they not? ;)

8. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    i have experienced this a little. People will stop and ask me for help - i seem trustworthy. And people tell me personal details of their lives. i appear open and (from their pov) seem to be a nice person.

#8 Gaze, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  9. Razare

Razare Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6 sx/sp
    I liked this ESFJ friend of mine for a while, after I had first met her. I tried to make a move once, but apparently she had this internet boyfriend so she rejected me. I liked her still but sort of gave up on it.

Anyway, out of the blue one day she asked if I wanted to go on a trip to Iowa with her to meet her family. Like, we weren't close friends at that time, not from my perspective. You might ask a best friend to do something like that, but just out of the blue she asked me, when we never really hung out much.

I was so confused by this I said no. If that's her idea of a first date, she's uhh strange... I wasn't even sure if she was serious. We're still friends and to this day, I have no clue what was in her head at that moment. She probably doesn't even remember.