Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13 | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13

You talk about individuals if you want to. I'll talk about societies/countries/cultures if I want to. Fair?

Anyhow - that list of countries was more about the consistency of shit-bombed out, women bashing, pre-pubescent-girl-kidnapping-raping-marrying, conflict/revenge-mongering, ass-end of hell-adelic, countries.

-------

The word "Islam" translates equally as "peace","submission", and "surrender". (Hard to fathom, but check any Islamic site - those three meanings are significant to Muslims).

In the West, the word "peace"/"Pax" is synonymous with freedom, affection, and concord.

You know…everyone’s shit stinks around the world man.
Your country has done fucked up shit to the Aboriginal people, just as the US committed mass genocide on the Native Americans.
And to this day, there are gays being killed - by “Christians” in some african nations…so once again…I didn’t deny that certain cultures like the one in Saudi Arabia breed this kind of extremism.
But extremism exists everywhere, this is just a title - ISIS.

And the west’s definition of “peace” is all fine and dandy, but if you don’t walk the walk then you shouldn’t talk the talk.
The US especially is not a country of peace…I live here, I know.

Reactions: Kgal
if we're talking cause and affect here, i think everyone has shown the sincere compassion that we need on this subject. my heart goes out to paris, to all the french, chilenos, and american(s) who lost their lives. to everyone around the world that is e/affected by these terrible acts.

if we're talking cause and effect here, i'm with [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] [MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION] [MENTION=13729]Free2be[/MENTION] and anyone else that sees the true cause of all this

i agree with [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] that we cannot let the fear, hatred, and anger get to us. there is more than one way for them to win, and that is one of them. people died, and it is horrible. but it wasn't the first attack and it will not be the last. There are many elements that form this discussion. Facts, opinions, and let's not forget the human element to all of this. [MENTION=4598]hush[/MENTION] said it best that we are all in this together. so, grouphug for y'all and i love each and every one of you. (even when we butt heads like the stubborn mules that we all are)

Reactions: Kgal and hush
"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent.
Do you see why it is violent?

Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind.
When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence.

So a man who is trying to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system;
he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind."

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

We are using the wrong words. This isn't terrorism. It is jihad. This IS about religion, guys. We have to talk about it without assuming that talking about it means that all Muslims are terrorists or even violent jihadists.

JJJA hasn't created an 'other' in his mind. He is speaking the truth. Islam creates the 'other'; kafirs.

Why can't we critique a belief that creates an 'other' that when pushed to to it's limits kills people? People call out Christianity and it's doctrine, it's texts, it's ideas all the time. Why not Islam? This isn't something that just should happen. It ought to happen.

FINALLY.

Also keep in mind that terrorists also terrorize their own people so it's not just because "Christians persecuted them forever ago."

Also keep in mind that terrorists also terrorize their own people so it's not just because "Christians persecuted them forever ago."

For once we are in agreement. We should celebrate. Have a cake.

giphy.gif

and [MENTION=13729]Free2be[/MENTION]

i don't feel you should have to apologize at all. it actually saddened me that you felt the need to. you spoke the truth and though you think you are projecting your anger (you have a better right to be angry than most) it is still the truth.

YES! [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

*wipes away a tear*

this shit should be bringing us all together (and it is :D)

[video=youtube;e6eY1CXVkOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6eY1CXVkOk[/video]

[MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

oh i know you would have, and that's exactly my point. even adversaries can at least agree on this.

but shhhh... don't ruin it

*hugs you and JJJA tighter*

YES! [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6917]sprinkles[/MENTION]

*wipes away a tear*

this shit should be bringing us all together (and it is :D)

Always remember the words of Peter Ustinov: "Beliefs are what divide people. Doubt unites them." Such words couldn't be more of a home-truth when examining what has happened in the last few days.

Are you kidding me? I never cry.....

....never.

:D

:wink:

I seem to recall...

246.gif

Although, Jim Carrey was involved I believe, so I can't say I blame you. ;)

Another way to contemplate this of which I am sure will not be looked kindly on but is never the less true are percentages. How many attackers are there believed to be at this time? 10..20...30... The last I looked the worlds Muslim (those proclaimed to follow the faith) was estimated to be 1.2 Billion. If true, 30 out of a billion is such an infinitesimal amount its hardly worth mentioning. Except for the fact they killed or injured 200 or so people out of 7 Billion....
Here again we are faced with the news and the single house fire reported on and fed to an entire nation. In reality though, in relation to the worlds population this is such a small event. More so though is the small percentage these radical muslims represent of the Muslim world. We cant say all Muslims are to blame when .0000001 or something of them are the ones committing these atrocities.

Anyway, something to think about.