rawr

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 17, 2010
Earth
MBTI
IxTP
Enneagram
human
Thinking about doing it. Got it already (dirt cheap, but it is the real deal)

Done it? Known anyone who has?
Thoughts/comments?

For all the people I've seen do it, the results are remarkable. But it is a KILLER workout. You'll look great in 90 days but you'll feel every ache and pain for a while. Lol. I think it's a young man's exercise routine.

I know someone who did it and seemed convinced it was working. I could see no difference really. He was an ectomorph which may have explained his difficulty.

It works if you are consistent. Like every other diet/workout plan... the problem is NEVER the diet, plan, schedule. Its always the effort and consistency.

THe reason p90x works is because its a fucking brutal workout, I know I did it.

Reactions: Norton
I've actually done a few work outs from this with a friend, and boy, does it ever kick your ass. Once I'm done with my summer boot camp, I might actually look into borrowing this from her. She's doing pretty well on it so far; she's toned up more than really lost weight, though. Diet is 80% of the battle and damn, when you're doing something like this, it's hard to stay on track. You want to eat everything in sight for the first week.

But yes, to echo what everyone has said here, it is a killer work-out, but you have to push yourself. It's actually rather easy to go halfsies, and even easier to injure yourself if you're not doing the work out properly. I would recommend that a week before you start the program, you go over the dvds and learn how to do the work-outs using proper form. Or to familiarize yourself with the tutorials (they have some online). That way, you're not rushing and fumbling through the first few work out sessions, risking injury, while you try to get yourself acclimated to the routine. Proper form makes ALL the difference. (The Eagle Crunches don't seem so bad until you learn to coordinate your lower and upper body properly. Once you do, you realize, crap, now I know why he said to do only 10! LOL)

It's going to kick your ass and you will be sore after the first few sessions, but if you stick to it, push yourself, and stay hydrated, you'll appreciate the brutality of the work out and your body will too.

Are you trying to gain weight or lose weight? you need to follow very different diet regimens depending on your goal. Both ways you want to be getting a lot of protein and a fair amount of simple carbohydrates (Oats and vegetables) but if you're trying to put on weight you have to do things a bit differently like making protein shakes with milk and peanut butter where as if you're looking to lose weight you'd want to do the same with just water. From what I've heard about the p90x system it will work because it's a workout plan essentially, it takes out the need for guess work. ("Do I need to do exercise this muscle or that?") one thing I've seen a lot of guys do is completely neglect their legs this is a HUGE mistake. The leg muscles are the biggest muscles in your body, increasing their strength is the best way to increase your metabolism. and Increase in muscle is the only real way to permanently increase your metabolism. Don't get too concerned about the "6 meals a day" advice you hear everywhere it's scientifically bunk (your body doesn't change it metabolism that quickly) however if you are someone with a strong appetite that it will help with that. Basically do which ever plan best keeps your portion control where it should be keep track of calories per day. If you're looking to cut you're probably going to want something like 1,800 if you're looking to bulk I've seen people do up to 3,500-4,000 depending.

I did it for quite a while. Never stuck to it though, I lack the resources to follow it through to the end. (I can't follow the diet plan properly.) I really enjoyed the work program as a whole. It feels so good when you've completed an entire session. :p I can tell that even without following the proper diet plan and just eating good hearty meals and plenty of protein, I was gaining weight and putting on muscle. After the first month I gained about 6-7 pounds. ^^ Hmm, this is making me want to do a workout right now!

Are you trying to gain weight or lose weight? you need to follow very different diet regimens depending on your goal. Both ways you want to be getting a lot of protein and a fair amount of simple carbohydrates (Oats and vegetables) but if you're trying to put on weight you have to do things a bit differently like making protein shakes with milk and peanut butter where as if you're looking to lose weight you'd want to do the same with just water. From what I've heard about the p90x system it will work because it's a workout plan essentially, it takes out the need for guess work. ("Do I need to do exercise this muscle or that?") one thing I've seen a lot of guys do is completely neglect their legs this is a HUGE mistake. The leg muscles are the biggest muscles in your body, increasing their strength is the best way to increase your metabolism. and Increase in muscle is the only real way to permanently increase your metabolism. Don't get too concerned about the "6 meals a day" advice you hear everywhere it's scientifically bunk (your body doesn't change it metabolism that quickly) however if you are someone with a strong appetite that it will help with that. Basically do which ever plan best keeps your portion control where it should be keep track of calories per day. If you're looking to cut you're probably going to want something like 1,800 if you're looking to bulk I've seen people do up to 3,500-4,000 depending.

good advice about the legs - very true. and I'm trying to gain weight.

I did it for quite a while. Never stuck to it though, I lack the resources to follow it through to the end. (I can't follow the diet plan properly.) I really enjoyed the work program as a whole. It feels so good when you've completed an entire session. :p I can tell that even without following the proper diet plan and just eating good hearty meals and plenty of protein, I was gaining weight and putting on muscle. After the first month I gained about 6-7 pounds. ^^ Hmm, this is making me want to do a workout right now!

nice. for me it's a bit harder to gain weight. In about 9 mos of working out, i have gained around 4 lbs. ...

:bump:

You'll cry at some point, but stop because you've already overused the muscles needed to make faciial expressions associated with crying. But yeah, stick with and do as much as you can. You'll get the results.

*ba-bump*

also, how feasible is this to do in the gym? don't feel like dropping a wad de dinero on some adjustable dumbbells; i could use the pull-up bar though. I'd use the dumbbells too but it's kinda pointless if i have some at the gym.

For those of you who did do this program, did you all use the "accessories?"
also, how were your results?