Original Sin--Born with the sin nature... | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Original Sin--Born with the sin nature...

Food for thought: I heard that the term beguiled in biblical day's meant to impregnate. So if Satan beguiled eve? If eve had two seeds one good one evil? I believe the point is that we are born with both. We have an inherent nature to love and to appease the senses/instant gratification. Which maybe the sin is then just immediately developed. Like in the way our first learned fear is of heights the first time we are held. Perhaps even more perplexing is that we are only born with one fear. The Dark

Food for thought: I heard that the term beguiled in biblical day's meant to impregnate. So if Satan beguiled eve? If eve had two seeds one good one evil? I believe the point is that we are born with both. We have an inherent nature to love and to appease the senses/instant gratification. Which maybe the sin is then just immediately developed. Like in the way our first learned fear is of heights the first time we are held. Perhaps even more perplexing is that we are only born with one fear. The Dark

giphy.gif

The DARK!!!

I was born with original creativity and I have embraced it 110%, never looked backed!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I believe in Original Sin. What the Bible declares about sin is borne out every day.

First of all, what the Bible calls "sin" is not what most people -- even most so called professing "Christians -- believe it to be. Sin is any deviation from 100% obedience to God.

God created all things, and so he is the rightful owner of all things. He told the first man, Adam, that he could eat from all of the trees of the Garden, except for one tree. He said that in the day that he ate from that tree he would surely die. And when Adam disobeyed, he died spiritually. That is, he came under the judgment of God, and lost his ability to choose to do good.

His whole entire nature, his will, his faculties, -- everything about him fell into sin, so that he could no longer choose that which is good, but could only choose evil, all the time. And his sinful nature was passed on to his descendants, so that all of us are born in bondage to sin. And the only way out is if God works a miracle, by his Spirit, and puts a "new heart" in us.

Now, all of the effects of sin are observed all the time in this world: from little "white lies" to senseless violence, adultery, murder, ---you name it--- that's all a part of our fallen nature. And God is not to blame! It's US who are guilty! Even if we don't commit certain sins in the world, we commit them all the time, in our thoughts, and in our "hearts," where no one except God can see them.

And so, even as through one man, ---that first man, Adam --- the world was condemned, even so, through Christ, who is called "the Second Adam," all those who were appointed by God to salvation must and shall be saved! Christ came to this world to pay the sin-debt in full for his chosen people -- not those who chose him--but those who were appointed by God to salvation, and given to Christ, before he made the world!
Christ lay down his life as an atonement for sin, shedding his own blood to pay the ransom price for the sins of his people. And God accepted him, and his sacrifice, on behalf of all those he came to save.

Now, if you don't believe that, it's because you have no spiritual life in you. No one will believe it, and rest their hopes upon it, and trust Jesus Christ, unless and until God opens their "eyes". The Bible declares that "the natural man" --- the man, in his fallen nature -- can not understand anything spiritual, nor does he desire to understand the truth, because it condemns him!

Most so-called professing "Christians" believe that they're going to heaven because they made a "choice" to believe on Christ and be saved. But the fact is, they could not have chosen Christ by their own will!
Their will is in bondage to sin, and only God can give sinners the faith to believe on Christ! So, those who have truly been saved understand and confess that their salvation is of the Lord! It's not in a decision that they made themselves, as an act of their own so-called "fee will", but it is the result of God's sovereign will being performed in them by God the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarekrow
Your getting pretty lost there. It's great that you live and want to share Jesus. But you can't do it in that tone and expect anyone to hear you. I am a devout christian. I have a saying that goes with "you can lead a horse to water" and that is jesus is the water. (Jess through Christians included) We are supposed to lead lives that make people come to us and ask about our faith. Youll save a million more people with subtlety than you every will with the direct approach. It's almost as if you have to trick them into it because in truth most people who are non believers are simply mad at god. Adam in fact GAINED the knowledge of good and evil from the tree. And lost his direct spiritual connection. Not his indirect one as we have now. In a sense Adam gained more choices which as we know makes life hard. And you should be especially careful when telling someone "if they don't believe you they're spiritually dead" you make more enemies for jess with one mistake than a year of correct output. You are not doing God any favors in that sense. I appreciate your passion but that is exactly why people get turned off by christianity. Adam is our basis of human life today and we suffer his SAME punishment. So if Adam has no will to do good or accept jess than neither of we. And it might sound harsh but you don't need God to do a good thing. Sin is many things. But the Sin you refer to is in fact anything you try to do with your own power and not Gods. That's the #1 sin. Vanity

Your getting pretty lost there. It's great that you live and want to share Jesus. But you can't do it in that tone and expect anyone to hear you. I am a devout christian. I have a saying that goes with "you can lead a horse to water" and that is jesus is the water. (Jess through Christians included) We are supposed to lead lives that make people come to us and ask about our faith. Youll save a million more people with subtlety than you every will with the direct approach. It's almost as if you have to trick them into it because in truth most people who are non believers are simply mad at god. Adam in fact GAINED the knowledge of good and evil from the tree. And lost his direct spiritual connection. Not his indirect one as we have now. In a sense Adam gained more choices which as we know makes life hard. And you should be especially careful when telling someone "if they don't believe you they're spiritually dead" you make more enemies for jess with one mistake than a year of correct output. You are not doing God any favors in that sense. I appreciate your passion but that is exactly why people get turned off by christianity. Adam is our basis of human life today and we suffer his SAME punishment. So if Adam has no will to do good or accept jess than neither of we. And it might sound harsh but you don't need God to do a good thing. Sin is many things. But the Sin you refer to is in fact anything you try to do with your own power and not Gods. That's the #1 sin. Vanity

Your resistance this is just another example of spiritual blindness caused by the Fall. You hate that God does have the right to save or condemn whom he will, because he is sovereign. Your hatred of God causes you to lash out at those who proclaim what he says in his Word. And you slander them by saying that they have a "tone," and you even suggest that it would be better to "trick" people.

The question in the OP is How do you feel about Original Sin? And I've answered that question. My intent here is not "to share Jesus", but to say that I believe in that doctrine, and to explain what it is. You clearly have your own ideas about what it is, but I summarized what the Bible says about it. And I also said that I see the evidence of it all around me. Now, you can either take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Your resistance this is just another example of spiritual blindness caused by the Fall. You hate that God does have the right to save or condemn whom he will, because he is sovereign. Your hatred of God causes you to lash out at those who proclaim what he says in his Word. And you slander them by saying that they have a "tone," and you even suggest that it would be better to "trick" people.

The question in the OP is How do you feel about Original Sin? And I've answered that question. My intent here is not "to share Jesus", but to say that I believe in that doctrine, and to explain what it is. You clearly have your own ideas about what it is, but I summarized what the Bible says about it. And I also said that I see the evidence of it all around me. Now, you can either take it or leave it.

Ever read your bible?? Read that faith without works is dead? You have to choose to follow God. You put words in my mouth and twist what I say. You imply the question and the answer. There is no room for honest discussion. There is definitely some blindness here. I think I will continue my conversation elsewhere.

Ever read your bible?? Read that faith without works is dead? You have to choose to follow God. You put words in my mouth and twist what I say. You imply the question and the answer. There is no room for honest discussion. There is definitely some blindness here. I think I will continue my conversation elsewhere.
But there is room for honest discussion with everyone else, @Chiwhtsx ! So stick around ;)

The statement "Your resistance is just another example of spiritual blindness caused by the Fall" is an example of circular fallacy, so there's no point arguing with it. Other people here are willing to have a constructive, critical conversation about sin and faith. So tell me: what did you exactly mean by 'the Dark'?

But there is room for honest discussion with everyone else, @Chiwhtsx ! So stick around ;)

The statement "Your resistance is just another example of spiritual blindness caused by the Fall" is an example of circular fallacy, so there's no point arguing with it. Other people here are willing to have a constructive, critical conversation about sin and faith. So tell me: what did you exactly mean by 'the Dark'?

Well my posting went haywire. (It was my first time) It was the last comment of a post saying that the only fear we are born with is being afraid of the dark. It rings true to me that animals are born with natural fears of their predators. And I would guess that the same is true for humans.

So i wonder about thqt, if the serpent tempted eve and it led to the fall of man and eve and adam were cast feom thw garden of eden, eve ate from the tree of knowledge, "wisdom" "awareness" so i imagine afterwards, adam and eve still had kids. Cain and Abel perhaps? Maybe she wasnt impregnated by the serpent, just very influenced.

I believe in Original Sin. What the Bible declares about sin is borne out every day.

First of all, what the Bible calls "sin" is not what most people -- even most so called professing "Christians -- believe it to be. Sin is any deviation from 100% obedience to God.

God created all things, and so he is the rightful owner of all things. He told the first man, Adam, that he could eat from all of the trees of the Garden, except for one tree. He said that in the day that he ate from that tree he would surely die. And when Adam disobeyed, he died spiritually. That is, he came under the judgment of God, and lost his ability to choose to do good.

His whole entire nature, his will, his faculties, -- everything about him fell into sin, so that he could no longer choose that which is good, but could only choose evil, all the time. And his sinful nature was passed on to his descendants, so that all of us are born in bondage to sin. And the only way out is if God works a miracle, by his Spirit, and puts a "new heart" in us.

Now, all of the effects of sin are observed all the time in this world: from little "white lies" to senseless violence, adultery, murder, ---you name it--- that's all a part of our fallen nature. And God is not to blame! It's US who are guilty! Even if we don't commit certain sins in the world, we commit them all the time, in our thoughts, and in our "hearts," where no one except God can see them.

And so, even as through one man, ---that first man, Adam --- the world was condemned, even so, through Christ, who is called "the Second Adam," all those who were appointed by God to salvation must and shall be saved! Christ came to this world to pay the sin-debt in full for his chosen people -- not those who chose him--but those who were appointed by God to salvation, and given to Christ, before he made the world!
Christ lay down his life as an atonement for sin, shedding his own blood to pay the ransom price for the sins of his people. And God accepted him, and his sacrifice, on behalf of all those he came to save.

Now, if you don't believe that, it's because you have no spiritual life in you. No one will believe it, and rest their hopes upon it, and trust Jesus Christ, unless and until God opens their "eyes". The Bible declares that "the natural man" --- the man, in his fallen nature -- can not understand anything spiritual, nor does he desire to understand the truth, because it condemns him!

Most so-called professing "Christians" believe that they're going to heaven because they made a "choice" to believe on Christ and be saved. But the fact is, they could not have chosen Christ by their own will!
Their will is in bondage to sin, and only God can give sinners the faith to believe on Christ! So, those who have truly been saved understand and confess that their salvation is of the Lord! It's not in a decision that they made themselves, as an act of their own so-called "fee will", but it is the result of God's sovereign will being performed in them by God the Holy Spirit.
Well I believe what must the perception of God that is misunderstood is that supppsedly what is infered or alluded to is that "god" is the conception of some overlying universal frame work and though we have free will, it is in our best interest to stay within that framework simply because it is best for us.

Reactions: April
Now, if you don't believe that, it's because you have no spiritual life in you.

To suggest that variations in religious belief shows a lack of spiritual life in someone is wholly your own subjective and projected belief and one that is very arrogant.

God sent Jesus to save the “whole world”...now most religions would have you believe that only a small percentage of “specially chosen” folks are going to be sent to “Heaven" while the rest are tortured for all of eternity in “Hell”.
I would refer you to your own Bible where there are multiple verses and proof showing that the whole world will be, and is, “saved”.
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/ScripturalProofs.html

Also, people don’t really appreciate it when others infer that they know what is in the mind or heart of someone else.
So saying that someone “hates God” is counterproductive to any point you have been attempting to get across.

Many organized Christian religions don’t believe that everyone will be saved....that only their specific denomination will make it.
That is arrogant and prideful, incorrect and does not promote inclusion but promotes more separation and feelings of false righteousness on one side as judgements are spread mighty thick by most of them.
I refuse to believe that the whole Garden of Eden story (firstly is most likely a parable), but that God being omnipotent, omniscient, would have certainly known how the whole thing was going to play out...otherwise, God didn’t see it coming and was caught off guard - really?

Everyone will be saved according to the Bible.
Religions have manipulated the masses to believe that only through them can you reach salvation.
Not to mention the omitted books, changed words, etc. that the Bible has been subjected to over the centuries.
If Christ died for the sins off everyone before and after, then you are implying he failed.
Is that satisfactory to God you think?

Last edited: