Omicron Variant | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Omicron Variant

Wasn't Omicron the name of the planet where Spock fell in love with a farm girl?
f0pt1n3c8475f0dv6t9s.jpg
Don’t know, but I think it’s one of the transformers.

Reactions: Work
Because people tune out when there is too much information, and major media doesn’t want to lose advertising dollars. OK, that was just a little too cynical. If the newly-discovered variant is not significantly different than the current and widespread active one, it isn't noted in mainstream media, e.g., the Beta variant. Delta was noted because of higher R value and rate of severe illness.

Remember, the median IQ is 100. That means the number of people with a lower score approaches one half of the entire population.

So they tell only the “important” stories, and they target fifth-grade comprehension.

I haven’t read any whitepapers on COVID-19 since late summer, and at that time, 18 months after it really took off, researchers had identified dozens, of which perhaps a half dozen were named, of which two were in the mainstream media.

Cheers,
Ian
I can’t tell if I’m losing iq from the lack of oxygen from my mask, Covid, or literally being a paranoid butthole who “deserves to get hit” for believing in humanity. ‍♀️ If people would stop making my job difficult that’d be great.

Reactions: aeon and Kgal
Should be called U.S. mid-term and British elections variant.

I'm sure there will be some other variant which people will speculate about loudly, when the US enters presidential election time.