Old Soul Facet | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Old Soul Facet

Quite often...some days to the point it becomes annoying...I get constant deja vu...like every 5 mins....always accompanied by snippets of these memories of forgotten dreams that are somehow more.

Deja vu has always been such an interesting topic for me! I frequently get them, and so many people theorize that deja vu is a possible direct connection of parallel universes. I honestly don't know what to think of deja vu personally, but it sure is such a strange feeling.

No one still till this day can truly make out this phenomenon; and many neuroscientists, psychoanalysts and psychiatrists believe it either is a brief epilepsy within the temporal lobe, or some type of mismatching in the brain; but there is still no definite reasoning or answer behind deja vu.

When studying reincarnation it is interesting to note that in children who supposedly remember their past lives...those who came from/were reborn into those certain cultures that believe in reincarnation such as India - the turn around time from death to birth is often much shorter than the western counterparts who remember past lives.
I believe it was 1-3 years for the believer group and 4-7 years for the non.

I find it so intriguing that children so young are the ones that have insane past lives stories and recall them with such clarity---but over time, they lose memory of their past lives; which in a way makes sense.

If I recall, some children with past lives also have birthmarks as well; which many say birthmarks are indicators of reincarnations and the type of nature these children died in their previous life.

Here is an interesting link about the connection with birthmarks in particular: https://www.speakingtree.in/allslides/birthmarks-a-clue-to-your-past-life

Deja vu has always been such an interesting topic for me! I frequently get them, and so many people theorize that deja vu is a possible direct connection of parallel universes. I honestly don't know what to think of deja vu personally, but it sure is such a strange feeling.

No one still till this day can truly make out this phenomenon; and many neuroscientists, psychoanalysts and psychiatrists believe it either is a brief epilepsy within the temporal lobe, or some type of mismatching in the brain; but there is still no definite reasoning or answer behind deja vu.

I find it so intriguing that children so young are the ones that have insane past lives stories and recall them with such clarity---but over time, they lose memory of their past lives; which in a way makes sense.

If I recall, some children with past lives also have birthmarks as well; which many say birthmarks are indicators of reincarnations and the type of nature these children died in their previous life.

Here is an interesting link about the connection with birthmarks in particular: https://www.speakingtree.in/allslides/birthmarks-a-clue-to-your-past-life

Yeah...I must be having a shit-ton of mini-seizures then.
lol
It very often is a fleeting memory of what seems like a long forgotten dream...I say fleeting because it is vanishing from my mind as I am remembering it.
I have learned to not purposefully try harder to remember because it vanishes faster and more completely.
Whereas if I let it play out without actively trying to remember what came next - it goes on for longer...and my recall is better.
Doesn’t feel like a seizure of my lobe...but idk.
lol
Who knows...I also have had people tell me I’m all kinds of this or that...old soul, medium, etc.
I take it with a grain of salt...especially as it’s coming from a random person most of the time.

Yes, it does make sense that they would forget, but there are still a few cases where they remember into adulthood.
Usually it seems that just finding out who they were is enough closure to cause them to lose interest and stop talking about it altogether.

Also...yes, I have seen quite a few things about birthmarks and defects and past-lives.
Some are quite striking...and some are a stretch.
Interesting topic. :)

To be fair, I’m 90% garbage.
Only when 50% of you is lost in the dryer...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Among the Sheepeater Shoshone, there are three kinds of souls. The first of these is the suap or “ego-soul” which is embodied in the breath. The second is the navushieip or “free-soul” that is able to leave the body during dreams, trances, and comas. It is the navushieip that encounters the guardian spirit that becomes one’s ally during life. Finally, there is mugua or “body-soul” which activates the body during the waking hours.
https://nativeamericannetroots.net/diary/1148

Very cool. Though I have to admit that I'm in love with my own European culture, I am also endlessly fascinated by the different ways in which other cultures approach the same problems. It just presents us with an immediate perspective shift, and proves some phenomena to be idiographic whereas before we might have assumed them to be nomothetic (I like these terms, they just refer to the particular/universal dichotomy).

The reason why Christian missionaries like Matteo Ricci had little luck in China (they were just not monotheistic), or the Sioux concept of Wakan Tanka, for example, I find fascinating.

My question is, what do they mean when you say 'soul'? Is it like an animating spirit? Is it the same thing as the Western concept of an immortal soul, or does it embody different principles? I'm thinking that, the Western idea sees the 'soul' as strictly tied to a self-contained personality, whereas some other cultures allow for 'souls' to diffuse back into the universe on death. There's a western individualist bias we take for granted here.

So what are the differences in the way they use this concept?

By this logic, a complete set of socks is only not garbage 55% of the time.
If they are mismatched (technically missing but sharing another partner also missing it’s other half is a gray area ((did you know it’s spelled “Grey” for the color and “Gray” when used as a gray area...wierd right?))) are they only not garbage 78.5% of the time then?

If they are mismatched (technically missing but sharing another partner also missing it’s other half is a gray area ((did you know it’s spelled “Grey” for the color and “Gray” when used as a gray area...wierd right?))) are they only not garbage 78.5% of the time then?
I think your formula is right but your data is plugged in wrong. They WOULD be garbage 78.5% of the time, and only not garbage 21.5% of the time.

Also settle (down (with the parentheses)), mate.

I have no clue what you mean (I actually do ((wouldn’t you do double parenthesis inside another then finish it off with your double plus the first to close them?))).
LOL

I have no clue what you mean (I actually do ((wouldn’t you do double parenthesis inside another then finish it off with your double plus the first to close them?))).
LOL
Possibly! I’m not sure (if one method is more correct than the other, ((but I have to admit I prefer your style because it helps enumerate and keep track of (((Santa) clauses)).