Occupy Protests Go Global | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Occupy Protests Go Global

This is what the protests should be modeling themselves after...

[video=youtube_share;-XarpddX1BI]http://youtu.be/-XarpddX1BI[/video]

Do you have any specific plans or scenarios in how OWS should perform a similar feat?

Do you have any specific plans or scenarios in how OWS should perform a similar feat?
It's basically already happening.........

People have been attacked by the police already, and have not reacted violently...
More people are beginning to support OWS and other satellite Occupy protests as more police brutality ensues..

As far as I understood, the entire movement already has been modeled after Gahndi's peaceful protests..

Last edited:
It's basically already happening.........

People have been attacked by the police already, and have not reacted violently...
More people are beginning to support OWS and other satellite Occupy protests as more police brutality ensues..

As far as I understood, the entire movement already has been modeled after Gahndi's peaceful protests..

But... sitting there, doing nothing all that special and having the police try to throw you out is one thing. Physically walking down Wall Street, blocking access to the banks, impeding traffic and basically telling all those "public safety laws" to go to hell while they maintain a peaceful, united front, is what the OWS movement is missing. They cave too easily to authorities who tell them to keep to the sidewalks or try to work with officials to determine a safe place to protest.

If they're protesting... THEY NEED TO PROTEST, not cave into the rules society has set. As of now, they're not going to change a thing. Gandhi's movement defied the laws that were set in place and challenged the authorities to act, then used that reaction to show their resolve. OWS...? Sorry to say it, these guys just don't have the balls to even try coming close.

Alright.
I think what you are expecting will eventually happen as more and more people join.
Protestors are already refusing to leave premises in some locations and that is what is causing the police to react.
Next, people are working on boycotting banks by taking their money out and moving to credit unions.

I'm a little amused by the protests to be honest.

There doesnt appear to be any willpower behind the protestors to reveal how easily breakable the system is.

You can't convince others the system doesn't work until you show either one of two things:
a) You can push the system over the edge
b) That the system is ridiculous and you can walk around it.

... and then there are those like this lady. Glad she said something and clarified what was going on. I was getting confused. o_O

[video=youtube;OW56Z-0xwIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Reactions: bickelz
... and then there are those like this lady. Glad she said something and clarified what was going on. I was getting confused. o_O

here's one of the 1% sounding a bit confused as well:

[video=youtube;tlcE3HVRlRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlcE3HVRlRs&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;KzWrDqPkjK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWrDqPkjK4[/video]

Last edited:
Also I feel that I have to mention a Livable Wage, which is related to the above demands.

A livable wage?! Really? Because minimum wage hasn't risen from $5.15 to $7.25. When they first decided to raise the damned thing, I thought to myself, "There goes the economy." Guess what? The economy has gone. Raising it any higher would just eff things further.

Now, I am all about equality of opportunity in the world. Everybody gets the same chances. But equality of outcome should not be assured. I hate to say it, but some people just screw up at every turn. Like me. I don't think I deserve a free way out of my situation. It cheapens what I have been through to just have someone hand me something. I was a lazy idiot, so I ended up on my mom's couch. It happens. Next time I will try harder to not be a moron.

-PENGY

A livable wage?! Really? Because minimum wage hasn't risen from $5.15 to $7.25. When they first decided to raise the damned thing, I thought to myself, "There goes the economy." Guess what? The economy has gone. Raising it any higher would just eff things further.

Now, I am all about equality of opportunity in the world. Everybody gets the same chances. But equality of outcome should not be assured. I hate to say it, but some people just screw up at every turn. Like me. I don't think I deserve a free way out of my situation. It cheapens what I have been through to just have someone hand me something. I was a lazy idiot, so I ended up on my mom's couch. It happens. Next time I will try harder to not be a moron.

-PENGY

I don't think it was the minimum wage that has sunk your economy, as the working class are SPENDERS not savers. If you pay them more they will spend it back into the economy.

I think it was financial instruments such as derivatives and credit default swaps and the lack of regulation of the financial sector and seemingly non existant transparency and accountability within the financial sector.

Maybe we need to hear some bankers say: 'I've been a greedy idiot, so you've all got to face austerity measures. It happens. next time i will try harder to not be a moron.'

I don't think it's gonna happen though as they will be too busy buying up cut price government assets with their bailout money and bonuses

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Why don't you delight us in YOUR country's problems. I don't need to be reminded of mine.

I would but we've never had a puppet leader that can't string sentences together....our puppet leaders can at least do that

The bankers are laughing at you!

Global investor (who owns your federal reserve) no.1: 'let's put that moron George Bush out on stage....he can manage the perceptions of the public...he's got a nice texan accent they love that!'

Global investor no.2: 'But that idiot can't even string a sentence together!'

GI no.1: 'yeah but it'll be funny....we'll fob that idiot off on the public and they'll accept him as their president! Everytime he screws up we can laugh at him and we can laugh at the people whose pensions we are stealing for not seeing through the whole sham ha ha ha ha etc'

Oh....and you're countries problems are my problems on account of our economies being linked....thanks for the sub prime mortgage bubble by the way!

You can mock the protestors if you want but believe me they are the only thing right now standing between you and total serfdom...i'm not kidding

I would but we've never had a puppet leader that can't string sentences together....our puppet leaders can at least do that

The bankers are laughing at you!

Global investor (who owns your federal reserve) no.1: 'let's put that moron George Bush out on stage....he can manage the perceptions of the public...he's got a nice texan accent they love that!'

Global investor no.2: 'But that idiot can't even string a sentence together!'

GI no.1: 'yeah but it'll be funny....we'll fob that idiot off on the public and they'll accept him as their president! Everytime he screws up we can laugh at him and we can laugh at the people whose pensions we are stealing for not seeing through the whole sham ha ha ha ha etc'

Oh....and you're countries problems are my problems on account of our economies being linked....thanks for the sub prime mortgage bubble by the way!

You can mock the protestors if you want but believe me they are the only thing right now standing between you and total serfdom...i'm not kidding

Wow. I'm done here.

Reactions: the

-PENGY

Yes, really.

If you think 7.25 is a livable wage, think again.

Im sorry I cant relate to wanting to go through hard times just so that my past hardships dont seem cheap to myself.

I was a bit harsh but what is happening at the moment is a takeover of all the public wealth by a few extremely rich people who are behind the central banks. It gets a little bit frustrating when people criticise the protests....can they not see what is going on?

Here's the economist Michael Hudson discussing how the bankers are using the 'crisis' they created as a 'grab bag' of public assets. They have fraudulently got countries in debt to them and are now trying to impose austerity measures on the public of various countries, whilst they take ownership of everything. People need to wake up to what is happening. The protestors know something needs to be done to stop this theft:

[video=youtube;ETQcdvS-x50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQcdvS-x50&feature=related[/video]

Here he is again more recently:

[video=youtube;kJCHHiQ22GM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCHHiQ22GM[/video]

Wow. I'm done here.

The muir method.

Bombarding the other party with a stream of consciousness
with no actual coherence or conclusion and declare thus
that you have a reasonable basis to 'change it'.

574579858b189413287990fa75e28377f2.gif

Capitalism Solved!

Reactions: Peppermint and acd
The muir method.

Bombarding the other party with a stream of consciousness
with no actual coherence or conclusion and declare thus
that you have a reasonable basis to 'change it'.

574579858b189413287990fa75e28377f2.gif

Capitalism Solved!

Method to what...changing peoples perceptions?

I take it you didn't listen to anything Michael Hudson said then?

If you read my posts instead of telling me what i'm saying (which isn't actually what i'm saying at all....the Invisible Jim method!) then you might realise that there are certain underlying truths to what i am saying

These truths i attempt to support with information, unlike you who just posts cartoons or pictures of cats!

I'll stick with my 'method' jim you can keep yours

These truths i attempt to support with information, unlike you who just posts cartoons or pictures of cats!

Dude, it's out of love, I just find it really quirky and lovely. But I really can't understand the key things I'm supposed to take away from it. It's really foggy and confusing. Perhaps it's beyond me, but I feel if it was more concise and ordered differently I could absorb it in a more constructive way.