Obungle says we need to get tough on Russian cyberattacks.. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Obungle says we need to get tough on Russian cyberattacks..

I notice everywhere a lot of this playground tendency to call politicians silly names.
Notice playgrounds are enjoyable, fun, and creative places.

Anyhow, most people who speak Obama's name with reverence probably belong in safe, regular environments like nursing homes, or asylums.

Yeah, I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I already said why I thought it was a racial slur. English isn't my first language, I hadn't heard of the word bungle up until this confusion arose.
True, I am not a tool at all. Thanks!

Reactions: Littlelissa
To anyone putting in serious responses I'm SMH. Y'all are letting yourselves get re-trolled. Wise up and quit feeding the fire. It's only as relevant as you make it by continually bumping these threads.

Reactions: Littlelissa and acd
To anyone putting in serious responses I'm SMH. Y'all are letting yourselves get re-trolled. Wise up and quit feeding the fire. It's only as relevant as you make it by continually bumping these threads.
Smh? Sadly missing hell..him...haggis?

Reactions: the
So more and more politicians on both sides are talking about these hacks as if it is fact Russia was behind it. All without citing any source other than the conversation had by the Washington Post and elements within the CIA. I say elements because not all of the CIA has come to a consensus. Also my understanding is that the CIA has still not directly briefed anyone in Congress as required by law about what is known or unknown. So, What really is known at this point? What facts does anyone have to include the news agencies reporting on This?

This is mind boggling to me. Has anyone heard of the evidence they have used to decide this was Russia?

I finally got around to trying Dogfish btw. It was still IPA loud and clear, but thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a shot.
Are you saying this did not greet your pallet?

@Eventhorizon Idk what it is exactly, but I'd put it this way. Think of a liquor that you just couldn't stand. For me it's Gin. Something about that pine needle taste just makes me gag. IPA is kind of like the equivalent for me, and as I think about it, there are some similarities in the basic flavor of those two things. No love lost for those who like it, but Dogfish and I didn't hit it off. It was worth a shot though.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
@acd Obungle in the Jungle could have been another appropo parody.

"Russia hacked the US? How ridiculous! Where's your evidence?"

"Pizzagate is unproven yes but allow me to talk about it anyway"

The issue is not fairness to the Democrats or whether the outcome of the election was influenced or changed. There is a strong consensus within the intelligence community (both CIA and FBI) that Russia was behind the attack, this is not in question.

The issue is that a foreign power interfered in an American election and the real question is were the Russian asked by the Trump campaign to do so? What did the Trump campaign know about the hack and when did they know about it? If any of this is true a foreign power will be able to continuing influence over the American government. Congress needs to investigate this immediately because under the Constitution it their job to do so. Congress has not been doing its job on many fronts, so I doubt this is going to happen.

The issue is not fairness to the Democrats or whether the outcome of the election was influenced or changed. There is a strong consensus within the intelligence community (both CIA and FBI) that Russia was behind the attack, this is not in question.

The issue is that a foreign power interfered in an American election and the real question is were the Russian asked by the Trump campaign to do so? What did the Trump campaign know about the hack and when did they know about it? If any of this is true a foreign power will be able to continuing influence over the American government. Congress needs to investigate this immediately because under the Constitution it their job to do so. Congress has not been doing its job on many fronts, so I doubt this is going to happen.
That's what the news is saying but what is the evidence Russia was behind it?

The intelligence community says this is true. The CIA has briefed Congress to this conclusion and the FBI is in agreement. Russia was behind the hack.

The intelligence community says this is true. The CIA has briefed Congress to this conclusion and the FBI is in agreement. Russia was behind the hack.

The "Intelligence community" is not to be trusted.

The "Intelligence community" is not to be trusted.

If the government cannot trust the intelligence it gets this is a huge problem. What is it supposed to base decisions on? Hunches?

I think it's a good personal policy to ignore anything that spy agencies release to the public:
Either it isn't important enough to keep secret.
Or
It isn't true

This information was released to Congress. Russia had the means and the motivation to carry out the hack of both the DNC and RNC, that is not in question. The CIA also has means to determine that the hack came from the Russian government and they have made this determination. Anything that challenges these basic facts is just another part of the Trump strategy when confronted with inconvenient facts. Deny, sow doubt, sow confusion, attack the source. Kelley Anne is the master of this strategy, Her next job, after she is finished working for Trump, will be working for Exxon to convince Americans that motor oil tastes like chocolate syrup and is a suitable substitute.

Last edited:
This information was released to Congress. Russia has the means and the motivation to carry out the hack of both the DNC and RNC, that is not in question.
Releasing information to Congress is as public as releasing it on Twitter. Anyhow, there's nothing earth-shattering about the content of the hacked emails, nor about the method employed: a password reset phishing email, someone incompetently clicked on and completed.

The only reason this is of any interest is because Hilary lost.

Interference in the elections of other countries is not in principle something anyone really cares about. Who cares that the British parliament debated whether to ban Trump from entering the UK? It might be seen as foreign government campaigning, but so what? Everyone chooses whether/how to vote with their own proper agency and decision-making process.

The only reason this is of any interest is because Hilary lost.

Americans should care about this regardless of who won or lost. A foreign government manipulated the election of the United States by covert means. This fact alone deserves to be investigated. To what end or what extent no one knows and no one ever will know because Congress never will do their job and investigate.