Who do you want to be?

• Obi-Wan

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Anakin

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anakin, def Anakin Skywalker!

i've watched Star Wars endlessly since i was little and even then, Darth Vader's calm before his ultimate destructions struck me as cool, calculated and full of emotional rage

all life has balance, Yin and Yang, a dark side to every light and even the dark side can be used for good..

i associate with the dark side than i do with jedi tho, so maybe i'm a bit biased

but besides all of that, just watch episodes I, II, and III and place yourselves in Anakin's shoes and realize how limited his actual knowledge of what was going on around him and you can see the confusing and conflicting information he had to rely on. i'd probably react the same way, especially if i had a powerful ally as the Emperor..
after growing up from a child to young adult and still considered a Padawan, there were probably younger folks making jedi before him.
ever been passed up for promotion before? i'd be pissed too lol

ya, i'd def be Anakin... but minus the limb-cutting, burning in lava part..

So you want to be a puppet. Got it.

He wasn't always evil. He just didn't have the strength or the will to resist the dark side. He was expected to deny and suppress it which is really unhealthy, which probably sent him over the edge. So, I kinda feel sorry for him.

You have to fail and get worse before you get better. :p

Who do you like more? Anakin because he's a badass Jedi who struggles with his dark side. He wasn't always evil. He just didn't have the strength or the will to resist the dark side. He was expected to deny and suppress it which is really unhealthy, which probably sent him over the edge. So, I kinda feel sorry for him.

Who do you want to be? Obi-Wan because he's a Jedi with major skills and wise. He could kick some serious but chooses not to. :D

What? It's unhealthy to deny being your true evil self? #infjmoments.

Because you are a sheep who takes orders from an ugly old man. Because you are so emotional that you can't think straight enough to do the things you should be. Because you kill children when things don't go your way.
Duh!!

Why are you judging Anakin based on one mistake? :(

Judging? It's a simple observation. ;) I observed him doing something I would never want to do, even as one mistake.

"Hey, I only murdered all those people in a fit of rage once! And then over and over again as Darth Vader..."

Princess Leia or Yoda want I be...:)

wow, Anikin got more votes that Mitt

So you want to be a puppet. Got it.

lol

not a puppet, Darth Vader actually ended the last reigns of the Sith and empowered his son to train Jedi
Luke Skywalker was also the last disciple to be taught by Yoda

Anakin may have been a puppet but didn't stay there. when he made up his mind that his own son was in danger, he reacted and changed everything dramatically for the better.. it just took him soo long to get there

repeatedly throughout the movies, it is mentioned that Vader was a good person. deep inside, he is a good person

even Luke said it, that he could feel it

and his dying words to Luke were, 'You were right'

The only thing I want to contribute comparing the two is "who is the worst actor?"

The answer is Hayden Christensen (Anakin)

Obi-Wan, of course. Just think of all the lovin' I could get with such a glorious beard.

I want to be Obi-Wan so I can cut Anakin's limbs off and leave him for dead, just like a best friend should.

You mean, just like a teacher/mentor should, right? ;)

Anyhow.... Obi for me. I can relate to growing old in a desert, living like a hermit. Maybe I'll turn into a blue fuzzy when I die too :D

Haha...IMO only people who WANT to be miserable would vote Anakin as someone they would actually want to be. I would rather be somewhat grounded and wise personally. Anakin is an emo kid. I identify with him more than I would like to admit, but that's pretty much exactly why I wouldn't want to be him.

I definitely do understand appreciating the character itself though.

No offense meant by this post [MENTION=4992]Sai[/MENTION] <3

Two sides of the same coin. Both civil servants whose idealism leads them to poor judgement and, ultimately, disaster.

[MENTION=3240]Jill Hives[/MENTION] actually my favorite character and the one wich i identify the most with is Count Dooku. Anakin is indeed an Emo Kid. Dooku on the other hand is a total badass, and his descend to the dark side is the most complex and philosophically interesting.

I have decided that the topic of this thread should be 'Would you rather be Luke Skywalker or Han Solo?'.

To which I would answer HAN of course.

When I was younger and didn't like girls I wanted to be Luke, but Han is da man. You really can't get more badass than Harrison Ford in his prime. He didn't have much of an arc after Empire and he probably should have died in Jedi, but he gets the girl, doesn't take shit from Greedo and he looks incredible doing it.

So there you go.