Numb | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Numb

What do you mean? Sometimes other people can be a very nice way to become more motivated about the world, to learn about others, and to learn about oneself.

In my personal experience, chasing someone felt good for the time being but if things didn't work out I was usually left feeling worse than I had been when started. Granted it doesn't work that way for everyone, but my advice would be against it. That of course is only my two cents.

What is this?

For the past few weeks, I've been feeling numb and apathetic and mentally lazy. It's hard for me to focus. I feel uninspired. I'm not happy and yet I'm not sad. Nothing excites me. Yet, I haven't lost my appetite or interest in sex, though. I feel I've not a creative thought in my head and I don't care to actually converse with anyone.

Welcome to my world - your becoming INFJ (or at least having some sort of shaddow episode). Extraverted Feeling (Fe) is like this: all feeling is external, but internally one is an empty emotional shell.

Reactions: acd
In my personal experience, chasing someone felt good for the time being but if things didn't work out I was usually left feeling worse than I had been when started. Granted it doesn't work that way for everyone, but my advice would be against it. That of course is only my two cents.

Avoiding befriending and connecting with people just because there could be a conflict is a very negative way of looking at things.

Avoiding befriending and connecting with people just because there could be a conflict is a very negative way of looking at things.

I'm all for befriending people, but using it as a cure to get out of a funk seems like shaky practice to me. I don't want to wager my happiness on other people's actions.

bah I'm feeling like this now also. No matter how much stuff I get done, no matter how much I improve in anyway, I still feel like I did nothing at all and dont feel anything.

BUT, I'm enjoying this feeling. Emotionally, my head has been on a roller coaster ride not too long ago so a little numbness is definetly a welcome relief.

I'm starting to feel more and more tired for no reason at all but I've been in this stage before. For me, this is my maintanence stage. Nothing means anything and the whole world means nothing. All I wanna do is laze around, eat and sleep. But I noticed that after awhile, when my body feels like its ready to get back into the "real" world, I am able to get back relatively quickly.

But when I'm in this feeling, like now, it feels like its never going away. I just have to have faith that it would when the time is right :)

I'm all for befriending people, but using it as a cure to get out of a funk seems like shaky practice to me. I don't want to wager my happiness on other people's actions.

I think everyone is dependent on other people's actions for their emotional state to some extent. Being able to carry your own weight is good, but not being willing to allow other people to make your life better for you (and you for them) is not good.

I think everyone is dependent on other people's actions for their emotional state to some extent. Being able to carry your own weight is good, but not being willing to allow other people to make your life better for you (and you for them) is not good.

I think we're understanding this at two different levels. I read it as chasing someone as in a romantic pursuit in order to clear your mind and have something to focus on. I'm starting to think that isn't what you meant.

And I don't want to hijack this thread so I apologize for going off topic.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Meditating in nature sounds helpful. I happen to live in a little cottage on a lake with a big yard and garden. It's beautiful, yet I never go out and enjoy it. I totally take it for granted, which is stupid since I'm going to have to move in October. It'll be nice to get home from work tonight and go and sit on the pier and just chill. It's like I have to schedule that in.

Others have mentioned to make friends. I'm working on that. But for the most part, people just exhaust me now. It's tiring to open my mouth and use my voice. Time alone sounds like an oasis.

I think we're understanding this at two different levels. I read it as chasing someone as in a romantic pursuit in order to clear your mind and have something to focus on. I'm starting to think that isn't what you meant.

It's not. I just mean being active in pursuing a connection with the person, rather than being passive.

[SIZE=Default]
Others have mentioned to make friends. I'm working on that. But for the most part, people just exhaust me now. It's tiring to open my mouth and use my voice. Time alone sounds like an oasis.
[/SIZE]

I can understand that, but if you can find someone who doesn't exhaust you, even when you're tired of being around people, that's a wonderful thing. Of course, there's no guarantee that you will, even if you look.

Aside from the part about the sex drive, yes,
that explains my attitude basically ever day of my entire life.