No more Miss. Nice (beware ranty) | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

No more Miss. Nice (beware ranty)

I'm so sick of being nice to everyone and getting treated like ****. It's honestly almost making me a mean person. I feel like I'm getting so sick of people. No one ever really understands me not even my best friend. I'm seriously considering to just stop talking to people at my school. To just go to school and do my work; with a book to keep me company. Some people who I thought were my friends are turning out to be real jerks and even before then I felt left out of their inner circle. I keep asking myself "what's wrong with me?" I made a list: I'm not ugly, I'm nice, I dress normal (for the most part) I'm smart and now I've pretty much lost all my trust in people. *huff* here goes a new chapter of poetry.... Did anyone else go through anything like this in school? :mpff:

Oh and errm yes life lesson number one humanity sucks

But by the same token we rock

So take heart poetry girl There are people out there who are less on the sucky side and more on the the rocking side.

Admittedly most of them live in Minnesota, or crazy hippy communes, or Budhist monastaries.

So cheer up you'll find some I pwomise :m107:

Sure, that's happened. But not to you extent I guess~ There was a time when I just felt sick of all the shallow, fake people. That was high school (similar to everyone else) and I learned to just "be nice" to everyone, but really have a few friends that I really loved. These friends are essentially my best friends now...I can't live without them.

Though sometimes I feel like I wish I had more friends, I know that my expectations of people are really high sky---and i'll never compromise. To know that there are people like my best friends out there in the world, gives me courage. You know, that's a large reason why I don't like large groups of "friends." It's impossible for you to be extremely close to everyone. I usually make close individual relationships with people I admire.

Everyone has their own agendas I try to be friends with people who don't have one. It makes it easier to be around them because your not in some kinda competition with them. I found school to be the same when I was younger kids either hate you today and like you tomorrow or hate you period. Don't let it worry you just do what you do and be yourself. My 02..

People are boring and overrated anyway. I have *lots* of friends and I'm spending the entire day sending every one of them "Screw Off" letters as we speak. I'm on email number 8 and Private Message number four.

Maybe its Life's way of telling you you need some alone time to redefine yourself. Just drape yourself in your freak flag to keep yourself warm.

Also don't do things and expect reciprocity. INFJ rookie move number 37. You will always give more of yourself quietly than people tend to notice. If you have emotional needs, scream them. Just because you can read minds (metaphorically) doesn't mean other people can. You'll always be sad waiting for people to respond the way you want them too.

Life gets better after 18. Life gets even better after 25. If you're brave, that is. Whatever.... I give crap advice.

Hey! When am I getting my "Screw Off" Letter? Don't forget about mine! :D

Hey! When am I getting my "Screw Off" Letter? Don't forget about mine! :D

No I'm sending you a steamy letter of seduction since I'm madly in love with you. :m032:

I couldn't stand the people in Highschool. It drove me insane and furious; so I stopped going. I spent the majority of my highschool years hanging out with my friends and going to places at all manners of times; night and day. When 18 came around I took my general education degree and went to college.

Dropping out of highschool was one of my first core achievements in life. It was when I really started to notice that social norms isn't law nor all that important by any means.

I understand what you're going through Poetrygirl and I can bet that many others here have felt the same; you're not alone.

That's awesome! I fantasise about dropping out of high school so much but the frustrating thing keeping me here is wanting to get into university while I have the chance instead of waiting until the mature age (plan b)- that's how the Australian system works anyway. Although if it were an easier option for me to drop out I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of it and can think of plenty of productive things I could be doing with my time instead of being crammed with an uninspiring standardised curriculum in a stressful environment.

It is tough since witnessing a passing sour comment can instantly turn our empathy upside down. Today this guy rubbed snot all over his hands and high fived this introverted guy who had no friends. Everyone was laughing at him, assuming he was oblivious because he was an exchange student. It made me so mad but I have already fallen into the habit of not talking to anyone who isn't a friend or familiar acquaintance. I wish I had the nerve to say something but lately I don't have the nerve to say anything even when people are being nice. It's all so conditional and it's scary when your judgmental reaction to it all becomes the very thing you fear in others.

To reiterate what most have said here.. you have so much more to gain by being the bigger person. Deliberate, cruel intentions are just ignorance really, and after I'm able to calm down I actually feel sorry for some of these kids who don't realise the harm they're causing by the low standards they have for themselves and how they treat others. Those Oprah episodes of 'challenge day' seem so revolutionary on tv but I wonder if people would even take it seriously at my school unless something drastic was happening like gang violence, suicide etc. My school is Anglican and the counsellor conducts sermons encouraging us all to be kind, accepting people but they'll yawn through it until they experience the hard knocks themselves. Less sensitive people are going to treat others on their level until maturing compels them to see outside their perspective.

It's hard not to feel resentful initially but if they don't appreciate what you have to offer, save your energy. Misanthropy's great for venting but don't forsake reflecting on the kind spirit that will thrive on itself once you do meet people who do appreciate what you have to offer. Us INFJs definitely do! or else we'd be a bunch of hypocritical bitches. I see this whole school experience (and the rest of my life I suppose) as practice to combat hate with understanding and forgiveness fostering true intentions rather than suffocating blame. It's bloody hard, I'm not little miss nice to people now either, not trying to glorify anything but the character building will be worth it. As long as we have something to fight for hope is without despair. :)

Last edited:
yes and that's what I am feeling right now too like you and firehotemily ahahhaha. and i already did what you want to do. but i don't know... for me, it came naturally like before, i didn't want people. and as i grew up, i don't really trust anybody then came an experience of mine, it totally changed me... a lot!!!...... because of that, I don't talk to people that much. i mean for me, if they don't accept me and don't want me in, why would i try to fit in... i am who i am.. not what they want me to be. and with my friends, currently, this is my first time to feel that i have real friends. before, i THOUGHT i had a lot of friends. but then i realized that in every friendship that i have, i kind of analyze things too much then i notice all of their faults too... i don't know!!! anyways...... i have an advanced study group thing... and i don't talk there...seriously... i've been there for years...... people there thought i was mute...... :m051:

Last edited:
I'd say that last line is pretty solid advice. It's true life will get better... but only if you're brave.

You will notice people all around in life, around your home, in this forum that whine and whine about what they wish. But most of them don't actually have much optimism for themselves and their future. If thats the case then "paradise" or "dreams" will never come to them.

This type of bravery isn't the same as running into a battlefield with a sharp fork. This bravery is trusting yourself and the good of your future.

You can spot these people everywhere. Many of them never smile, and most look 45 when they turn 30. Don't become one of them.