Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
hey guys, ever have a moment where your intuition led you to a conclusion that was wrong and possibly embarrassing.

I was talking to my nephew on the phone and he was talking about a new friend I was going to have, and he was realy excited about. I played it off as if I didn't care, but the mroe he talked about me wanting to know the more I felt like his sister must be pregnant.

eventualy I just asked if my niece was pregnant, I got a "wtf?" response he then went on to tell me about thie puppy he had just recieved.

Ever been embarrased by your Ni?

Oh, yes. This definitely happens. Can't think of any good specific examples right now that are forum friendly, but it does indeed happen.

Yeah it gets things wrong. I have learned to keep most Ni stuff kept to myself (in particular if it is completely baseless), as to not sound like an ass or some kind of charlatan. I only bring it out unless something has been confirmed or I feel it truly is needed.

My Ni's accuracy dies off if my ego has been inflated or I am extremely low on emotional energy reserves.

Absolutely. No such stories come to mind, but I have learned that I really can't trust my intuition if I'm deeply emotionally invested in the subject (like, I can't read a person if I have romantic feelings for them. My hopes and fears really get in the way.

Sometimes my Ni gets thrown in for a loop by my emotional state at the time. It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between normal Ni and Ni which is being messed with by wishful or fearful thinking. But its also possible for it just to be wrong from lack of information or simple miscommunication.

Last edited: