Narcissist/Emotionally Manipulative People | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Narcissist/Emotionally Manipulative People

I've found that the hardest part in dealing with people like this is not breaking my own connections with them (I doorslam like a champ), but getting the other people in my life to break their connections with them. I've also learned that trusting people to make the right choices and decisions when dealing with these people is very foolish, especially considering that emotional manipulators will often try to 'get back at you' for no longer allowing them to manipulate you by manipulating the people around you if they can.

GET OUT OF MY LIFE OR I'M CALLING THE COPS!!!!! One of these people did exactly that to myself and everyone around me when I decided to "take the high road" and no let their childish behavior effect me. They apparently got so pissed at their lack of effect on me directly that they manipulated everyone else around me - my boss, my Director and a couple board members.

Yes, I think a slow, painful death may be the only permanent cure for this kind of person. The one in question even "straightened up" a few times along the way once her dishonesty started to catch up with her. Then, of course, some BS happened that caused everyone to praise the air she breathed and she was back at her old routine.

I Myself am Not actually having to deal with these types because I am perceptive, but I know more than one person that doesn't know who theyare dealing with and I don't like standing by and watching them get abused.

I Myself am Not actually having to deal with these types because I am perceptive, but I know more than one person that doesn't know who theyare dealing with and I don't like standing by and watching them get abused.

The irony about people like this is that you rarely get to choose how, where and why you interact with them. Perception alone won't get or keep you out of harms way. If you haven't had to deal with them, it's because you have been fortunate enough to not be forced into a situation where you're needed to.

Here's what I mean:

After working in a job for a couple years, you get a new boss who turns out to be this kind of a person.
One of your co-workers is this kind of a person but you've managed to avoid them... until staffing and/or management changes cause all of your other new co-workers and manager to start being manipulated.
You go to college for your first semester and meet your new roommate - who turns out to have NPD.

This list can go on and you are rarely given a choice as to how or if you even interact with them.

Even in a situation close to these where you may avoid them, these people will actively petition people against you. They may even make you seem like a borderline psychopath because NO ONE else sees the manipulation and people just wonder why you're acting so strange, when they've all been the ones that had the wool pulled over their eyes. This person is your typical literary "bad guy", but the typical Hollywood ending never seems to come true in reality.