Narcissism and MBTI | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Narcissism and MBTI

Either way, the truth hurts. By telling the truth and exposing the lie/ fantasy you become their enemy for life. It isn't justified, because you have acted honorably, but you become their devil incarnate, destroyer of their little world. A narcissist can't handle being told to grow up and live in the real world. They have constructed a bubble around themselves and popping it makes them appear weak and mentally unbalanced.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
That was what I thought, until I read the Huff Post article, you can lose your empathy for others by being self absorbed in you own pain or problems.
I have fibromyalgia and I'm a INFJ, I completely disagree with this article. It has made me MORE aware and empathetic of other people's suffering. A true INFJ or feeler of any type would not behave in such a callous manner.

I am trying to come to terms over why went wrong in my relationship, and why I feel so awful about him, and I'm starting to realize that the guy was a narcissist. He tested as INFJ, but I usually have seen STP as more narcissistic personality types.
Which types do you consider to be borderline or narcissistic personalities and why?
Any “type” can have a personality disorder.
Either way, the truth hurts. By telling the truth and exposing the lie/ fantasy you become their enemy for life. It isn't justified, because you have acted honorably, but you become their devil incarnate, destroyer of their little world. A narcissist can't handle being told to grow up and live in the real world. They have constructed a bubble around themselves and popping it makes them appear weak and mentally unbalanced.
Qft!

Reactions: Lurk
Not to sound like a complete jerk here but that's the point. They are weak and mental unbalanced. There is no appearance of weakness here, anyone who hurts people for the fun of it ARE weak of character. In the same lines, a person that can abuse another person to make themselves feel better is, in my books, mentally unbalanced. I'm sure I'm not alone in this sentiment or thought process.

( I have very strong feeling on narcissists and their destructive actions. If I have offended anyone I'm truly sorry.)

Reactions: Gaze and Sandie33
Some types may be more prone, but any type will do.

Reactions: Gaze
I think there are some defensive mechanics for people with NPD that can hinder them from seeing their own ill doings. They MUST be perfect; something else doesn't exist, hence they do not see it. I can see someone with NPD getting INFJ, or any other MBTI for that matter, through a test, answering with what they want to project, and not with who they are.

I don't mean to imply that INFJs can't be narcissists.

Yup, especially somebody who is all about making the other guy the narcissist a month after joining an INFJ site. I don’t know a whole lot about the way it works yet but self-reported self-assessments are obviously worth squat except for what can be discerned by reading between the lines. Suggests to me somebody targeting an INFJ primarily because it doesn’t seem very INFJ to not do his own research and instead ask people to give him the answers. Also being way too much all about it… INFJs taking the MBTI voluntarily probably do so because they don’t imagine they’re going to be particularly rare and haven’t considered the implications of finding such a thing out. But it seems to me this personality type so known for thinking outside the box might also hesitate to jump into a box for thinking nothing good can come of not measuring up to the model or imposing its limitation. Would an INFJ want to date another INFJ? I think it seems likelier that a predatory exploitative victim-feigning gameplayer would inflict the test on a disabled guy and then lack the self-awareness to consider his own provocation of the dude’s reaction. That stuff about thinking he’s in a relationship with someone he only met on Facebook lol that’s smearing, and more like projective displacement of what he’s doing here, but that’s not real.

Reactions: aeon

Bravo. Only thing he left out was “honestly” or “to be honest”. I’ll agree with him about what he said because it is true but I can recognize somebody trying to convince themselves the part they’re playing is real.

Reactions: aeon