Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/22/naps.memory.dream.brain/index.html

This is a very interesting article. According to this, taking a nap, and subsequently dreaming, has shown to improve memory and mental preformance. In particular they show a link where when people dream of something loosely related to something they need to do, it is the way for the brain to organize information. It is trying to enhance some parts, and dump others, in order to make the task better and or easier the next go around.

Looking back at myself I can see evidence of this. I have in the past taken naps right before a test because I had pulled an all nighter, and taking the test later when I woke up, made it much easier then I assumed it would be. The dreams I had were fast and vivid while I was napping. Partly because in the back of my mind, I was afraid I would oversleep. I have since stopped napping before tests because I get to neverous that I won't wake up.

Good thing I have a test tomorrow. I am going to stay up for most of the night, then take a powernap before it, then just go and do it. Maybe this will give me a much needed boost.

So what are your thoughts on this? This personally makes a ton of sense to me. Discuss.

It does make sense.

I wish I dreamed more, because in the odd time that I do, I do feel more refreshed and able to conduct any difficult tasks in my life more easily than I normally would be able to. It's not too often I nap, and I don't usually get more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night. It would help my memory a great deal, and to organize and relax my thoughts.

People you must be thinking why i am so happy.

Secret is going to open: Now a days i am watching good dreams. I think if you think about things during day time, then i am sure you will get good dreams. This looks like superstition. May be!

Dreams are training scenarios.

Reactions: IndigoSensor