Most rewatched movies | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Most rewatched movies

Fantastic Mr. Fox - I made it a Thanksgiving movie.

The Royal Tenenbaums - Just because

Dumb and Dumber - Probably because it came out at the perfect age for me to appreciate cheap slapstick.

Noi Albinoi - Dry humored coming of age story about a young Icelandic introvert

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Script committed to memory. My best friend and I made memes about this before memes were a thing.

Falling Down - Same as above, not because it was that great of a movie but because there were disturbing parts that we made into ongoing inside jokes (to cope with the sense of disturbance).

I may post or edit in more if anything else comes to mind.

Zoolander - Because it successfully makes fun of high fashion.

Watership Down - The original animated movie. The first serious cartoon (blood and death) that I ever watched.

Last edited:
I've probably watched There Will Be Blood about 500 times.

giphy.gif

Same. I stopped watching it when I realized it's seared into my brain.

It's been a while since a movie hit me that way. I remember No Country for Old Men coming up a lot at that time. The Prestige is another permanent fixture, and Fury Road. I spent six months returning to the theater to only watch the latter. It got to the point where I knew exactly how every moment should sound and I could identify when a theater had a busted speaker setup because certain sounds would be missing.

Same. I stopped watching it when I realized it's seared into my brain.

It's been a while since a movie hit me that way. I remember No Country for Old Men coming up a lot at that time. The Prestige is another permanent fixture, and Fury Road. I spent six months returning to the theater to only watch the latter. It got to the point where I knew exactly how every moment should sound and I could identify when a theater had a busted speaker setup because certain sounds would be missing.

Yeah, I watched it to the point of saturation but I still love it just the same. The personal resonance is deep and that's rare for me.

The only movie I can think of that even gets close to TWBB is Joker. I slept on it for a long time because I avoid anything 'comic book' related, which Joker technically is. But I'm glad I finally watched it because it's brilliant.

Yeah, I watched it to the point of saturation but I still love it just the same. The personal resonance is deep and that's rare for me.

The only movie I can think of that even gets close to TWBB is Joker. I slept on it for a long time because I avoid anything 'comic book' related, which Joker technically is. But I'm glad I finally watched it because it's brilliant.
The new one?

Reactions: Ginny
I watch High Fidelity when I need to get in touch with myself. I don't really watch any others annually. Just when the mood strikes.

How very INFP of you daustiboy

Barry: "Oh, you do? Well, how about the Jesus and Mary Chain? They always seemed what? They always seemed really great is what they always seemed."

My favorite quote from the movie. So true!

Evil Dead 2 anyone?

I fall way short of that, but it's also one of my most watched movies, interestingly. That makes three of us on this thread, for a very long movie!

I'm curious about 'there will be blood' now. Never heard of it before but sounds intriguing based on the posts

I mainly rewatch goofy movies and classic favourites with my daughter.
I love pretty much all Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell and Jim Carey movies, and generally ridiculous movies like that.
I've seen Charlie and the chocolate factory, chitty chitty bang bang and johnny english many times with children.

Every so many years i rewatch Matrix, terminator 1 and 2, stardust, star wars, star treks, barbarella, kung fu hustle, the protector, enchanted, slum dog millionaire and the harry potters. Well, I have those on disc or stored on hard drive

I have lost count of how many times I've watched LOTR Return of the King. I think when it first came out I watched it 8 times in a week.

I like the MCU movies a lot and always seem to go back to Infinity Wars and Endgame.

I generally don't watch anything that makes me feel all that strongly. I prefer movies that bring me a deep sense of nostalgia. Hocus Pocus, Sister Act 2, Harry Potter, etc.

There are a few others that I have watched multiple times like The Equalizer. I really enjoy that.

If I'm not watching a movie for the Nostalgia then I prefer more action oriented movies because I want to feel the least amount possible.

A couple favorites that I can't believe I forgot:

Fargo - "It was always such a super movie"

yanagita3b.jpg

Hud - Older movie starring Paul Newman as a charismatic yet cutthroat son of an aging cattle rancher.

actor-paul-newman-leans-against-a-fence-smoking-a-cigarette-on-the-picture-id586026542

I'm curious about 'there will be blood' now. Never heard of it before but sounds intriguing based on the posts

It's definitely not for everyone. I think a lot of people found it boring.

It's really a character study with a particular focus on competition, misanthropy and greed. I think this is a fair synopsis with no spoilers:

"The film follows the rise to power of Daniel Plainview - a charismatic and ruthless oil prospector, driven to succeed by his intense hatred of others and desperate need to see any and all competitors fail. When he learns of oil-rich land in California that can be bought cheaply, he moves his operation there and begins manipulating and exploiting the local landowners into selling him their property. Using his young adopted son H.W. to project the image of a caring family man, Plainview gains the cooperation of almost all the locals with lofty promises to build schools and cultivate the land to make their community flourish. Over time, Plainview's gradual accumulation of wealth and power causes his true self to surface, and he begins to slowly alienate himself from everyone in his life."

It's definitely not for everyone. I think a lot of people found it boring.

It's really a character study with a particular focus on competition, misanthropy and greed. I think this is a fair synopsis with no spoilers:

"The film follows the rise to power of Daniel Plainview - a charismatic and ruthless oil prospector, driven to succeed by his intense hatred of others and desperate need to see any and all competitors fail. When he learns of oil-rich land in California that can be bought cheaply, he moves his operation there and begins manipulating and exploiting the local landowners into selling him their property. Using his young adopted son H.W. to project the image of a caring family man, Plainview gains the cooperation of almost all the locals with lofty promises to build schools and cultivate the land to make their community flourish. Over time, Plainview's gradual accumulation of wealth and power causes his true self to surface, and he begins to slowly alienate himself from everyone in his life."

It was very well done. Seamless from a technical and artistic perspective, and easy to watch in the sense the story simply unfolded. The acting was brilliant and the ending couldn't have been more fitting. I liked how the greed wasn't glamourised or sanitised. It was an honest look at the ego beast. I'm glad i saw it but would probably not rewatch as i found it depressing

Reactions: slant
Strangely enough I've tended to rewatch the Hobbit trilogy most often since that was released, though before that it was Lord of the Rings.

When I was a kid it was a steady diet of the Star Wars prequels, Band of Brothers, Black Hawk Down, Saving Private Ryan and Platoon. Just constant warfare, lol.

Now, if I return to movies to feel things, it's probably Braveheart (however embarrassing that is) and Gladiator.

Reactions: flower
I don't rewatch movies often, but when I do it's probably any of these movies.

Studio Ghibli movies: beautiful artwork, music and atmosphere. <3
Lord of the Rings: the fantasy world is immersive and somehow never get bored of it.
Pirateans of the Caribbean: interesting high seas adventures and very funny.
Indiana Jones: love the combination of action, mythology and humor.

Reactions: slant and Sandie33
I've seen Elf more times than I care to admit.

Mononoke Hime (either subbed or dubbed.)

Reactions: Wyote and Asa