Money Management | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Money Management

I'm an INFJ who is very good with money usually. This last year there's been a lot of emotional unheavel, and with it a lot of extra spending, but I'm getting it under control.

KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU SPEND.

Sometimes when I struggle with money slipping through my fingers, for whatever the reason, I keep a little money diary and into it I enter every penny i've spent (on a daily basis) and what that money was spent on. At the end of the week I add it all up for a total.

I try and limit the amount I spend on food. (Example: I set myself a limit of 50 -60 euro a week) I do weekly shops as I find the more frequently I go to the supermarket I end up coming out with extra crapI didn't really need. Before I go to the super market I eat so I'm not shoppingo n an empty stomach and I also write out a list of all the things I will need for the week. (Do meal planning!!)

Yet another INFJ who is good with money, maybe I am not a hopeless case after lol. The supermarket and food shopping in general is one of the problematic expenses category for me. There is a lot a real waste in this category. One of the issues here is that I have been going more than once per week because I eat a lot of vegetables and they tend not to last me for a whole week. What I am going to try next week is to pre-cook and freeze the vegetables that are suitable for this method and then I will only go food shopping once or twice next week and see how that goes.

Yet another INFJ who is good with money, maybe I am not a hopeless case after lol. The supermarket and food shopping in general is one of the problematic expenses category for me. There is a lot a real waste in this category. One of the issues here is that I have been going more than once per week because I eat a lot of vegetables and they tend not to last me for a whole week. What I am going to try next week is to pre-cook and freeze the vegetables that are suitable for this method and then I will only go food shopping once or twice next week and see how that goes.

also try buyong frozen veg...i always buy things like broccoli, peas andgreen beans frozen. less work for yourself!

I have a strange, inexplicable belief that somehow "things will turn out alright" and money will just drop into my lap when I most need it. This is because, in the past, that's exactly what has happened. I feel very blessed about that, but also wary because I don't know how long the luck will last. If you have the choice you should definitely save as much as you can, it'll come in handy if you ever have an emergency or, like you said, when you retire.

One of my first jobs while in college was working at an hotel. I saw the cleaning staff do quite unhygenic things such as using the bath towels to clean the bathroom floor and the toilet above the water line, not changing the sheets between guests if the sheets looked clean, not cleaning the bath or shower area where people with possible foot and skin infections recently used and the list goes on. I carry my own towels and vast quantities of disinfecting wipes to even the more expensive or family run hotels now and I am not a cleaning obsessed nut job either, I wish more people knew what goes on in some of these places.

Its gotten worse, I promise :) I am really afraid of the cleaning chemicals that are misused on a grand scale and sometimes not even washed off, thats why I always rinse the sink, bath etc. I have seen some mugs and glasses being spat on (and in) to get rid of some stain, seen mugs being "washed" in the toilet....All of the above - also :) It is really disgusting, I also wish people knew more about whats going on.

Its gotten worse, I promise :) I am really afraid of the cleaning chemicals that are misused on a grand scale and sometimes not even washed off, thats why I always rinse the sink, bath etc. I have seen some mugs and glasses being spat on (and in) to get rid of some stain, seen mugs being "washed" in the toilet....All of the above - also :) It is really disgusting, I also wish people knew more about whats going on.

Yes, some hotels really have all sorts of disgusting things going on behind the scenes, the same with restaurants too unfortunately.

I have a strange, inexplicable belief that somehow "things will turn out alright" and money will just drop into my lap when I most need it. This is because, in the past, that's exactly what has happened. I feel very blessed about that, but also wary because I don't know how long the luck will last. If you have the choice you should definitely save as much as you can, it'll come in handy if you ever have an emergency or, like you said, when you retire.

I am actually quite good with making money, I am excessively hard working and financial opportunities usually present themselves to me. However, I am just not as good at keeping/saving money but I have now started working on this and I am hopeful that I will improve.

The best way to do it is through tight control of budgeting, living below your means and investing. First you have to educate yourself and read up on how other people like you are saving money and making good financial decisions. I recommend reading blogs such as the simple dollar, wisebread, consumerist, etc

I think the hardest thing for most people regarding money is psychological. You have to be very honest about where you are spending your money and do self assessments on things you could trade or sacrifice.

Use technology such as budgeting apps like mint.com and study their advices. Set up automatic savings and investment, retirement accounts so you don't get stressed about depositing it; your banks will do it for you.

Read practical books such as the Millionaire Next Door.

educate yourself on personal finance. I think if you have a decent paying job then to start everything off you have to start living below your means so you have cash to play around with. Its all about discipline. I recently paid off all my debts and i feel like the world is lifted off my shoulders. Now the hard part is maintaining it.

I somehow manage not to have any money.

I just wanted to say that.