Mock Moderator Elections. | INFJ Forum

Mock Moderator Elections.

Although you cannot nominate yourself, I fear I MUST.

w00t.jpg

Attachments

• dreamonp.jpg
    dreamonp.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 96
  • commie.jpg
    commie.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Although you cannot nominate yourself, I fear I MUST.
I don't think you'd be a very good staff member because I don't like you.

Also, I'd like to nominate myself, because if I don't, nobody else will.

This thread is cracking me up, but I agree with all of your noms, [MENTION=3255]Last[/MENTION]. :)

I doubt the ladies would care for the responsibility & headaches, however.

Oh and I feel like I need to remind people of my campaign of 2008 in case the prior images do not ring a bell:
yayl.jpg

[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]

Sensible, intelligent, good with people, laid back, tolerant, positive and on good terms with the community.

[MENTION=4598]hush[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4423]Sriracha[/MENTION]

Yeah, I know they're new, but bringing new people on staff can give a fresh outlook of someone who is starting on a clean slate. They both seem reasonable and laid back, and they're also getting along with people here well.

[MENTION=3096]Sonya[/MENTION]

Because the staff just needs someone who's totally no-nonsense. :D

can't think of anyone else I'd qualify.

Heh, don't be gullible yo. Someone may seem a certain way in public, but unless you really get to know a person, you won't know how they'll respond to having power.

I started to nominate some people I find to be objective, good natured, and balanced, but then I realized I would also be leaving them open for bashing... :S

I care not about politics, anyway. *shrugs*

Reminds me of a quote from a nine inch nails song, "You try to tell me that power can corrupt a person, you haven't had enough to know what it's like. You're only angry 'cause you wish you were in my position, now nod your head because you know that I'm right."
WRONG. Those people were corrupt to begin with, they just lacked the opportunity to act on it. Most people are inherently very selfish, thus corrupt though.

Heh, don't be gullible yo. Someone may seem a certain way in public, but unless you really get to know a person, you won't know how they'll respond to having power.

You're right, and it especially depends on how one views and hopes to wield power. For instance, in my eyes, the only reason power would ever appeal to me would be when I considered the potential good I could do for others with it - all the while, though, I'd be worrying about that simultaneous potential to do harm, inadvertently. Also, I wouldn't necessarily equate moderation with power, because as a moderator (not that I think I would be, I'm sure there are plenty of more capable people out there) I wouldn't really be concerned with exerting much of any power other than maintaining the harmony and equilibrium of the forums. In that sense, I'd more so be using careful consideration and a watchful eye than strictly power, especially since I'd be part of a team and my decisions would be subject to the scrutiny of the community and my peers. Some power, yes, but only that which is necessary, and ideally any displays of excess would be called out by those around me. Just my 2 cents, though, ain't worth all that much I suppose.

Additionally, as David Brin said... "It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
Hey guys no need to worry I promise if you give me power I will corrupt it! HONESTY UPFRONT! :D
Vote for slant.

Hey guys no need to worry I promise if you give me power I will corrupt it! HONESTY UPFRONT! :D
Vote for slant.

I'll vote for you but I need you to make an invisible empowered user group for me. :3

Okay... so far I am thinking:

[MENTION=751]Peppermint[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1814]invisible[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3096]Sonya[/MENTION]

Reactions: invisible
I don't know of anyone on the forum who is not a moderator who would make a good one.

I don't know of anyone on the forum who is not a moderator who would make a good one.

I nominate [MENTION=3473]InvisibleJim[/MENTION]

Seriously, though, I think there are a fair amount of peeps with mod potential, [MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] for one. I could see her spreading the luvs with her mod abilities.

With all the members on these forums, chances are there has to someone... right?

EDIT: Lastly, though, as a certain [MENTION=4015]purplecrayons[/MENTION] has pointed out, your statement most likely stems from having high standards, which is pretty snazzy (especially considering these are the people who keep this place running - it's kind of critical to make sure they're competent). I can see from that perspective. Still, there has to be someone out there. Maybe? *takes a look around the forums... ... :m092:*

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb