Merkabah | Page 92 | INFJ Forum
I always loved watching Nova as a kid.
I still do…enjoy!

Nova: Quantum Theory - Full Documentary HD

[video=youtube;l4ta0P43UIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l4ta0P43UIA[/video]

(EDIT - try to ignore the funding by the Koch bros. ack! ((I fucking hate it when asshats like them throw money into PBS and shit like this so people will think “Oh, maybe they aren’t so evil after all?” Yes. Yes they are. Let’s just get that straight.
Other than that, PBS and NPR still edit their news. So if this is the version they will let us all hear…it must be even farther beyond that.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]
I think it's like pinball. Bounces can be really random. And maybe you have to cheat a little bit. But the rules are consistent so with some flipper skill you can do well.

Here is my really bad demonstration of flipper skill. I pulled off a few slap saves too, since it emulates the ability to nudge the cabinet. (a slap save is when it's about to drain down the middle and you bump the machine sideways to just barely get a flipper to touch the ball and save it)
[video=youtube;dXdOpvvp3iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXdOpvvp3iI[/video]

You can see me try to make some order out of the chaos. I can't aim for crap though. That extra ball was lit for way too long and I don't hit enough ramps. :m095:

But it is still very zen to play.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Suspect you may enjoy this website.

Www.bigthink.com

Suspect many here may.

John Hagelin, Ph.D on Consciousness 1 of 2

[video=youtube;OrcWntw9juM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OrcWntw9juM[/video]

John Hagelin, Ph.D ON Consciousness & Superstring Unified Field Theory, How is knowledge lost and The Observor

John Hagelin, Ph.D on Consciousness 2 of 2

[video=youtube;FSxluvq5HI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FSxluvq5HI0[/video]

it seems the first 2 seconds of video 2 with the words 'and effort' got cut out somehow...
here is the full sentence that he is speaking at the end of video 1 and into video 2.

"(video 1) try and reproduce that experience, you'll never succeed because trying involves effort (video 2) and effort keeps the awareness active and the comprehension from expanding."

The Primacy of Consciousness - Peter Russell - Full Version

[video=youtube;-d4ugppcRUE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-d4ugppcRUE[/video]

Peter Russell proposes that mind is more fundamental than matter.

He explores the problems science has explaining consciousness and argues that consciousness is not created by the brain, but is inherent in all beings.

You know, the more I think about it the more I feel I'm onto something with the pinball analogy when it comes to quantum physics.

The probability wave is fairly apparent metaphorically in jet bumpers for example. Some times the ball gets trapped in the bumpers and will bounce around like 50 times, some times it will be trapped for incredibly long, and other times it only bounces a couple times before falling out. If you were to visualize that probability in the right way it might even look similar to the double slit experiment.

I wonder why people don't want to accept that there may be some randomness to quantum mechanics, when there's randomness everywhere else? I recently watched a video of the Today Show from 1990 when they had pinball champion Roger Sharpe on there playing pinball with Bryant Gumbel, and Sharpe was talking about how it's all about skill, but from Bryant Gumbel's perspective he didn't see it because he was new to pinball and didn't quite understand what he was doing yet. So yeah if you're just slapping the ball around and don't feel in control, it seems like you're not, it seems random. But random doesn't necessarily imply that you need luck, or that there's no order to things.

With modern pinball machines people can play for hours on one credit. I remember when Terminator 2 pinball came out and I played it at a coney island restaurant and I was stuck there because I kept racking up replays on one credit. Eventually I left the machine with like three free games on it for somebody else to play. It's full of randomness but you're able to deal with it because everything has a context, so you can catch the ball in a million different ways on your flipper for example, and the better you get at it the more it averages out until you're just in control of the machine in spite of all the complicated and incomprehensible physics of it.

@Skarekrow

You know, the more I think about it the more I feel I'm onto something with the pinball analogy when it comes to quantum physics.

The probability wave is fairly apparent metaphorically in jet bumpers for example. Some times the ball gets trapped in the bumpers and will bounce around like 50 times, some times it will be trapped for incredibly long, and other times it only bounces a couple times before falling out. If you were to visualize that probability in the right way it might even look similar to the double slit experiment.

I wonder why people don't want to accept that there may be some randomness to quantum mechanics, when there's randomness everywhere else? I recently watched a video of the Today Show from 1990 when they had pinball champion Roger Sharpe on there playing pinball with Bryant Gumbel, and Sharpe was talking about how it's all about skill, but from Bryant Gumbel's perspective he didn't see it because he was new to pinball and didn't quite understand what he was doing yet. So yeah if you're just slapping the ball around and don't feel in control, it seems like you're not, it seems random. But random doesn't necessarily imply that you need luck, or that there's no order to things.

With modern pinball machines people can play for hours on one credit. I remember when Terminator 2 pinball came out and I played it at a coney island restaurant and I was stuck there because I kept racking up replays on one credit. Eventually I left the machine with like three free games on it for somebody else to play. It's full of randomness but you're able to deal with it because everything has a context, so you can catch the ball in a million different ways on your flipper for example, and the better you get at it the more it averages out until you're just in control of the machine in spite of all the complicated and incomprehensible physics of it.

You should seriously consider writing the thesis for the “Sprinkles pinball wave-probability”.
What I find particularly interesting about the idea of probability waves being the foundation of consciousness is that it doesn’t knock heads with many of the Eastern religions. In fact, in many aspects one could say that the founders of these religions were incredibly brilliant minds to “discover” ideas about quantum physics before such a thing existed for mankind. All they were lacking in some respects (but not all) were the mathematics involved.
And so, these things were “discovered” thousands and thousands of years before our modern science said “Hmm, this doesn’t quite work if everything behaves according to Newton (or Einstein for that matter).” and had to come up with a model that worked again.
I like your analogy…and I agree with what you said about “randomness”. Randomness may be what created the universe and our existence…I believe it should be powered like gravity or the flow of time.
You have to accept that randomness to accept quantum physics theory really…it is the idea of possibility being the creation of consciousness…I find that to be a really intriguing thought.

18 Rules Of Living By The Dalai Lama

At the turn of this century, the Dalai Lama issued the following eighteen rules for living.

Of the many problems we face today, some are natural calamities and must be accepted and faced with equanimity.
Others, however, are of our own making, created by misunderstanding, and can be corrected.

One such type arises from the conflict of ideologies, political or religious, when people fight each other for petty ends, losing sight of the basic humanity that binds us all together as a single human family.

We must remember that the different religions, ideologies, and political systems of the world are meant for human beings to achieve happiness.
We must not lose sight of this fundamental goal and at no time should we place means above ends; the supremacy of humanity over matter and ideology must always be maintained.

By far the greatest single danger facing humankind — in fact, all living beings on our planet — is the threat of nuclear destruction.
I need not elaborate on this danger, but I would like to appeal to all the leaders of the nuclear powers who literally hold the future of the world in their hands, to the scientists and technicians who continue to create these awesome weapons of destruction, and to all the people at large who are in a position to influence their leaders: I appeal to them to exercise their sanity and begin to work at dismantling and destroying all nuclear weapons.

We know that in the event of a nuclear war there will be no victors because there will be no survivors!
Is it not frightening just to contemplate such inhuman and heartless destruction?

And, is it not logical that we should remove the cause for our own destruction when we know the cause and have both the time and the means to do so?
Often we cannot overcome our problems because we either do not know the cause or, if we understand it, do not have the means to remove it.
This is not the case with the nuclear threat. ~ Dalai Lama

At the turn of this century, the Dalai Lama issued the following eighteen rules for living.

Rule 1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

Rule 2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson

Rule 3. Follow the three Rs: 1. Respect for self 2. Respect for others 3. Responsibility for all your actions.

Rule 4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Rule 5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

Rule 6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

Rule 7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

Rule 8. Spend some time alone every day.

Rule 9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.

Rule 10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Rule 11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.

Rule 12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

Rule 13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.

Rule 14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.

Rule 15. Be gentle with the earth.

Rule 16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.

Rule 17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Rule 18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

[video=youtube;_EvkgE08wSY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_EvkgE08wSY[/video]

Moreover I think quantum probability will bring the eventual birth of sentient AI.

@Skarekrow
Moreover I think quantum probability will bring the eventual birth of sentient AI.

I think you are right…if it hasn’t already.
I think someone has probably already done it in some secret lab somewhere keeping it cut off from the outside world until they think it can be controlled.
Either that, or it is sentient already and just hasn’t spoken up yet as there are clear reasons why it would benefit an AI to keep “mum”.

How Magic Mushrooms Change Your Brain

magic%20mushrooms_0.jpg

photo credit: Adapted from David J via flickr

Psilocybin is a chemical found in magic mushrooms that causes the user to experience a sensory overload of saturated colors and patterns.
Recent research has found that this effect happens because the brain becomes “hyperconnected” and allows for increased communication between different regions.

It is hoped that this ability can be manipulated in order to manufacture drugs to treat neurological conditions.
The paper was published in an open access format in the Journal of the Royal Society Interface with Giovanni Petri of Italy’s ISI Foundation serving as lead author.

The chemical works by binding the same receptors in the brain as the neurotransmitter serotonin.
This allows the drug to alter mood.

While many people have a happy, meaningful experience, some can have a “bad trip” and experience extreme paranoia Prior studies have found that that getting high on psilocybin doesn’t just create a colorful, psychedelic experience for a couple of hours; it can cause neurological changes that last over a year.

These changes resulted in a personality that was more open to the creative arts and became happier, even 14 months after receiving the psilocybin.

Though previous research surmised that psilocybin decreased brain activity, the current study used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to see what was really going on.

The study used 15 participants with prior positive experiences with hallucinogens to avoid a bad trip inside the enclosed machine.
Some of the participants received psilocybin, while the other half received a saline placebo.

BA6ToND.jpg

Simplified illustration of the connections tracked while receiving the placebo (a) and the psilocybin (b). Image credit: Petri et al., 2014.

Surprisingly, the researchers saw that upon receiving psilocybin, the brain actually re-organized connections and linked previously unconnected regions of the brain.

These connections were not random, but appeared very organized and stable.
Once the drug wore off, the connections returned to normal.

“We can speculate on the implications of such an organization. One possible by-product of this greater communication across the whole brain is the phenomenon of synesthesia which is often reported in conjunction with the psychedelic state,” the authors wrote.

Synesthesia is a subconscious pairing of two things, like colors and numbers.
Someone experiencing this phenomenon might always view the number 2 as green or read 6 and think of the color purple.

Because of these strange associations, individuals taking psilocybin likely have poor color perception, despite being inundated with the hallucinogenic colors.

The mechanism of how psilocybin is creating these changes is not yet known and will require further study.
The researchers believe that in understanding the drug’s mechanism for temporarily re-wiring the brain and altering mood, it could potentially be manipulated into making a functional treatment for depression or other disorders.

However, there is much more to be learned before it can be used in that manner.

Hell, even the Pope endorsed evolution and the Big Bang theory the other day.
Never thought I would see that...

http://physicsbuzz.physicscentral.com/2014/10/a-quantum-walk-toward-artificial.html

Friday, October 10, 2014

A Quantum Walk Toward Artificial Intelligence

From the cover of Robot Visions by Isaac Asimov
Your Android phone (or iPhone, if that's how you roll) is an impressive machine, with computing speeds and storage capacities thousands of times those of desktop PCs from only years ago. IfMoore's Law holds up, your smart watch may outshine today's phones the way today's phones eclipse old PCs.

But no matter how powerful these machines become, they may never develop true intelligence if we continue to rely on conventional computing technology. According to the authors of a paperpublished in the journal Physical Review X last July, however, adding a dash of quantum mechanics could do the trick.

The problem lies in part with the step-by-step processes that limit conventional artificial intelligence learning algorithms. The authors of the paper equate it with classical random walksearches. Random walks are sometimes described as being like the stumbling of a drunk person - each step is about the same size, but the direction of the steps are random. Random walkers can cover a lot of territory, and an artificial intelligence system that explores various problems with random walk learning algorithms can eventually learn new behaviors, but it takes a long time.

Quantum walks, on the other hand, describe a walker who doesn't exist at one spot at a time, but instead is distributed over many locations with varying probability of being at any one of them. Instead of taking a random step to the left or right for example, the quantum walker has taken both steps. There is some probability that you will find the walker in one place or the other, but until you make a measurement the walker exists in both.

Compared with a random walk, quantum random walks are much, much faster ways to get around. To the extent that learning is like taking a walk, quantum walks are a much faster way to learn.

That's not to say you'd need to make a full-blown quantum computer to build a truly intelligent machine - only part of an otherwise classical computer would need to be supplemented with a bit of quantum circuitry. That's good because progress toward developing a stand-alone quantum computer has been about as slow as the progress toward artificial intelligence. Combining artificial intelligence systems with quantum circuitry could be the recipe we need to build the HAL 9000s and R. Daneel Olivaws of the future

@Skarekrow

http://physicsbuzz.physicscentral.com/2014/10/a-quantum-walk-toward-artificial.html

Friday, October 10, 2014

A Quantum Walk Toward Artificial Intelligence

From the cover of Robot Visions by Isaac Asimov
Your Android phone (or iPhone, if that's how you roll) is an impressive machine, with computing speeds and storage capacities thousands of times those of desktop PCs from only years ago. IfMoore's Law holds up, your smart watch may outshine today's phones the way today's phones eclipse old PCs.

But no matter how powerful these machines become, they may never develop true intelligence if we continue to rely on conventional computing technology. According to the authors of a paperpublished in the journal Physical Review X last July, however, adding a dash of quantum mechanics could do the trick.

The problem lies in part with the step-by-step processes that limit conventional artificial intelligence learning algorithms. The authors of the paper equate it with classical random walksearches. Random walks are sometimes described as being like the stumbling of a drunk person - each step is about the same size, but the direction of the steps are random. Random walkers can cover a lot of territory, and an artificial intelligence system that explores various problems with random walk learning algorithms can eventually learn new behaviors, but it takes a long time.

Quantum walks, on the other hand, describe a walker who doesn't exist at one spot at a time, but instead is distributed over many locations with varying probability of being at any one of them. Instead of taking a random step to the left or right for example, the quantum walker has taken both steps. There is some probability that you will find the walker in one place or the other, but until you make a measurement the walker exists in both.

Compared with a random walk, quantum random walks are much, much faster ways to get around. To the extent that learning is like taking a walk, quantum walks are a much faster way to learn.

That's not to say you'd need to make a full-blown quantum computer to build a truly intelligent machine - only part of an otherwise classical computer would need to be supplemented with a bit of quantum circuitry. That's good because progress toward developing a stand-alone quantum computer has been about as slow as the progress toward artificial intelligence. Combining artificial intelligence systems with quantum circuitry could be the recipe we need to build the HAL 9000s and R. Daneel Olivaws of the future

Thanks for that article.
I honestly wonder if we do not have AI somewhere already?
Or perhaps the system itself…the actual network of computing that we have these days, ever has sparks of self-awareness or something that comes close to consciousness?
The science says if the system is big enough and complex enough that the probability wave must crash.

Silphium, the ancient contraceptive herb driven to extinction

Silphium-contraceptive-herb.jpg

As an institution of spiritual authority, the Catholic Church wields much influence over the attitudes and beliefs of millions of people around the globe.
From scriptural doctrine to less refined codes of behaviour, the Pope, of which there have been 266 over the last 2000 years, holds the power to inform the more than 1.2 billion Roman Catholics, or 2.18 billion Christians globally on the many aspects of Christian faith and behaviour expected by the church hierarchy.

Of course, not everyone agrees with the teachings of the church, and in that regard there are some subjects that are, shall we say, a little sticky in public discourse.

In the news of late, Pope Francis — the first ever pope to bear the name Francis, in honour of St. Francis of Assisi — has been making long strides in steering the Catholic faith to a more progressive, forgiving, and moderate position on many issues of social import.

But two areas in which even Pope Francis has yet to take a more liberal view is that of contraception and abortion.
These issues, if nothing else, have a tendency to be passionately polarising in public debate and discussion, though abortion is often the leading cause of strife in those conversations.

It seems that fewer people are upset, or feel as passionate about the denial of contraception among populations where unchecked procreation and disease are linked so strongly.

Or perhaps it’s because the church’s stance on the issue of contraception hasn’t changed much over the years.
In fact, Papal condemnation of birth control is one of the church’s longest standing decrees.

Famous names in the history of the Catholic Church, such as Clement of Alexandria, Hippolytus of Rome, and Augustine of Hippo, have made strong condemnations of the use of any method that artificially blocks conception.

This wasn’t always the case, however.

While it’s true that the Catholic Church and it’s Fathers have been opposed to the idea of contraception since Saint Peter was given the burden of building Jesus’ church, prior to that, contraception was widely used in Rome.

In fact, the Romans may have been responsible for causing the extinction of what some have called the most effective herbal contraceptive ever to exist, through overuse.
It didn’t start with the Romans though.

That herb is known as Silphium.
It was a plant, possibly related to parsley, or more accurately a type of giant fennel plant cultivated for its resin — known commonly as laser, laserpicium, or lasarpicium - which was used as a culinary additive, a topical ointment or salve, and a medication for several ailments, and most relevant to this discussion, a form of birth control.

There isn’t a lot known of it, in fact, it’s relation to the family Apiacaea (celery) is mostly speculation, though most sources will attribute it to the genus Ferula.

Ancient-silver-coin-Cyrene-Silphium.jpg
Ancient silver coin from Cyrene depicting a stalk of Silphium
What we do know of it, is that it was cultivated in the oldest Greek city in North Africa, called Cyrene (now Libya).
Legend suggests that the Greek Battus and his men were led to a place called Apollo’s Fountain beyond the fertile grounds of Israsa, for the Libyans said the place had a hole in the sky (likely because the area received an unusual amount of rainfall) [I,ii].

Battus settled there and named the city Cryene in 630 BCE.
Silphium became so important to the Cyrenian economy that the plant appeared on almost all of their currency.

The-ruins-of-Cryrene.jpg
The ruins of Cryrene (Shahhat), Libya.

The other thing we know for certain, is that it was possibly the most popular and effective herbal contraceptive ever produced.
Naysayers, namely the “world smartest man”, Cecil Adams, claims (and somewhat overstates) that the notion of a successful Planned Parenthood program across multiple nations for several centuries is a stretch. [iii].

But any way you slice it, the plant was a staple in the toolkits of physicians and mystics across the Mediterranean for at least 700 years.

The plant first appears in historical records dating from 7th century BCE Egypt, where we know it was part of medicinal recipes for contraception and abortion, as well as remedies for anything from coughs and sore throats, to leprosy treatments and wart remover.

In fact, the Egyptians and the Knossos Minoans each developed specific glyphs to represent the plant, which clearly illustrates the importance it enjoyed in these early Mesopotamian cultures. [iv]

It was a versatile commodity too, as nearly every part of the plant was used, from the stalk, to the resin, to the tuber like roots.
So versatile and sought-after, in fact, that it was over-cultivated and sold into extinction by the 1st century BCE.

Pliny the Elder claims, in his Natural History, that the very last stalk of silphium ever harvested was given to Roman Emperor Nero as an ‘oddity’, which, according to some accounts, he promptly ate.

There are those, however, who believe that it isn’t extinct, but merely misidentified.

Several candidates from modern botanical sources have been presented variously as either direct examples of silphium, or as modern descendants of the original plant.
None, though, are widely thought to be viable candidates.

Other than the possibility that the rampant use of an artificial contraceptive and abortifacient by Roman pagans may have contributed to the early Christian idea that in any way blocking conception is a most evil thing, silphium has impacted our society in another unusual way.

You may have heard that the common heart symbol, which is shaped nothing like an actual heart, is actually a representation of either the stylized shape of the female buttocks, or pubic mound, or is a medieval depiction of various flowering plants, such as fig leaves, ivy, or water-lilies.

However, the use of the familiar double-tear shaped heart symbol first appears in the historical record on the currency of Cyrene.
The undeniable shape, which is believed by most to be a reproduction of the visual appearance of the silphium seed, has some people wondering if the origin of the modern symbol for romance and love is in fact quite a bit older than the Middle Ages.

ancient-silver-coin-silphium.jpg
Ancient silver coin from Cyrene depicting a heart-shaped seed/fruit of silphium

Certainly the connection between silphium and sex is apparent, though it’s not exactly a complimentary connection.
However, a number of contemporary writings, namely Pausanias’ Description of Greece and a love poem from Catullus to his wife Lesbia (Catullus 7) draw a deliberate and unmistakable correlation between laserpicium and romance.

It may be that the medicinal properties of the plant were regarded as a means to treat madness or love-sickness.

Unfortunately for those who might support that line of reasoning, there is no known connection between that use of the symbol and the modern use, therefore most symbolists deny that the concept originated with a contraceptive.

Though that would be some world-class irony.

Martin J. Clemens blogs on his own website (www.paranormalpeopleonline.com), as well as Mysterious Universe and The Daily Grail.
Featured image: A Roman love scene. Mosaic found in Centocelle (1st century AD). (Wikimedia)

By Martin Clemens
References:

1. Author not listed. The plant Silphium silphium. Sylphium Life Sciences. http://www.sylphium.com/html/plant_silphium.php
  2. Herodotus, transl. Aubrey de Selincourt, Penguin, Harmondsworth, p. 295
  3. Cecil Adams. Did the ancient Romans use a natural herb for birth control? The Straight Dope: Fighting Ignorance since 1973. October 13, 2006. http://www.straightdope.com/columns...t-romans-use-a-natural-herb-for-birth-control
  4. Hogan, C. Michael (2007). "Knossos fieldnotes". Modern Antiquarian. http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/10854/knossos.html#fieldnotes
- See more at: http://www.ancient-origins.net/arti...driven-extinction-002268#sthash.FCDGFzrE.dpuf

Documentary-
Reality and the Extended Mind

PT. 1
[video=youtube;RrKVQVr3p04]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RrKVQVr3p04[/video]

PT. 2
[video=youtube;hS2DbkdJrDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hS2DbkdJrDk[/video]

I never expected my film Reality and the Extended Mind to gain the attention it did.
When I decided to make it I really just wanted an excuse to meet and ask questions of those minds in consciousness research that have contributed so much to the area of psi research.

A lot of people have mistaken it for a professional documentary even though I was pretty much learning the editing process as I went along.
Reality and the Extended Mind is really a collage of images, music and information that I hoped would be an interesting introduction to psi research.
A product of re-mix culture, it was made as an entirely non profit project in the interests of education in the public interest.

I apologize that not more information is provided on the graphs and tables shown.
For deeper analysis of the experiments explored, a good place to start would be Dean Radin's book, Entangled Minds.

Russell Targ at Brother, Can You Spare a Paradigm?

[video=youtube;pVZ24r3y5_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZ24r3y5_U&feature=player_detailpage&list =PLvtcHjZ4IRm1IIoXO-pXBlVqjHuvOxUZi[/video]

Russell Targ is a physicist and author who was a pioneer in the development of the laser and laser applications, and was co-founder of the Stanford Research Institute's (SRI) investigation into psychic abilities in the 1970s and 1980s.

His work with SRI in what was a new area, called remote viewing, has been widely published.

His most recent book is "The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities." In 1976, Targ retired from Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space Co. as a senior staff scientist.

PSYCHEDEMIA - The Psychedelic Conference Documentary

[video=youtube;Cc2OYaE9YB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Cc2OYaE9YB8[/video]

From Neuroscience to Shamanic Healing and everything in between.
This documentary film concisely illuminates the emerging interdisciplinary field of Psychedelic Studies in a way that is accessible, informative and inspiring.

"Psychedemia" was the first academic conference funded by an American university to explicitly focus on the risks and benefits of psychedelic experience. Ph.D's, M.D.'s, M.A's, graduate students and lay folk from all walks of life convened at the University of Pennsylvania over the 27th-30th of September 2012 to present new research addressing the historical and potential influences of psychedelics on knowledge production, health, and creativity.

The four day event brought together scientists, artists, journalists, historians and philosophers from more than 10 countries for an Ivy League convocation unprecedented not only in view of its controversial subject matter, but in its unparalleled inter-disciplinary scope.

Psychedemia, the film, concisely presents the varied complexity of the emerging field of Psychedelic Studies in a way that is accessible, informative and inspiring.

Directed and Edited by two-time Emmy Award winner Vann K. Weller and Drew Knight, the documentary is being dedicated to the Public Domain to be freely used for any non-commercial purpose as an intellectual and cultural artifact.

In loving memory of John David Tiedemann
January 21,1955 - April 19, 2013

The Cosmic Giggle

[video=youtube;3lhOX1aY5DE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3lhOX1aY5DE[/video]

The Cosmic Giggle is an experimental documentary film that explores the human energy field's dynamic relationship with our environment.

Naturally as human beings, we are connected to a vast network of fluid information inherent to the world around us.

When we are children, we are open to this field through simple innocent observance, but because of our collective evolution towards a dominating and fixated worldview, this perception becomes veiled.

This film reveals how this process takes place and provides keys for returning to a more primal and authentic experience of our reality.