Merkabah | Page 411 | INFJ Forum
So currently I’m reading: “Phenomena” by Annie Jacobsen.
I have to say it is really well done and bursting with information!
It really is amazing just how in depth our government went with psychical research - and even more amazing the spectacular results that they got.
Of course, there are some well known players, like Ingo Swann, Russel Targ, and Uri Geller that are discussed.
There were definitive studies and tests done that proved to our own CIA and DARPA (which was still ARPA then), that ESP, telekinesis, remote viewing, thought implantation, etc. were proven beyond a shadow of doubt - yet, that information was both unintentionally and intentionally discredited to the public at large.
The bulk of the information in this book is from declassified military and CIA documents.
Including moving a shielded magnetometer set up over at Stanford University.

"The "magnetometer" at Stanford was actually a quark detector, the first of its kind, still unique in 1972, and had been constructed at very great expense and with copious work in an effort to capture the passage through it of one of those sub-particles.
The whole of this contraption was encased in an aluminum container and insulating copper canister.
As well, it was in a supercooled, hence superconducting shield.
The centerpiece inside the detector was a Josephson junction and which would "detect" any variation magnetic flux in the supercooled equipment.
The whole of this was buried in solid concrete some five feet down in the floor beneath our feet.”

The only fluctuations made over a series of days were made by Swann attempting to move the plates inside mentally.
This experiment was set up to prove the existence of telekinesis, or accompanying PSI activity - and it made believers out of those who scoffed at the idea of PSI existing.
The US government confirmed that PSI exists via disclosed documents...but basically wanted it for national security, assassination, and spying purposes...not really to understand how it functions - which was the purpose of most scientists working there at SRI and Stanford.
Several of the researchers actually quit the program as the cognitive dissonance was too much for them to handle...some scientists at the Livermore National Laboratory even reported dreams after being around the psychics that convinced several to stop developing new types of nukes and work elsewhere - as if being told from somewhere else it was not a worthy pursuit to continue and develop.
Interesting stuff.

Of course...always taken with a grain of salt. ;)
Highly recommend this one!

Five stars!
tenor.gif

51A8hI0M6xL._SX342_.jpg

The definitive history of the military's decades-long investigation into mental powers and phenomena, from the author of Pulitzer Prize finalist The Pentagon's Brain.

This is a book about a team of scientists and psychics with top secret clearances.

For more than forty years, the U.S. government has researched extrasensory perception, using it in attempts to locate hostages, fugitives, secret bases, and downed fighter jets, to divine other nations' secrets, and even to predict future threats to national security.

The intelligence agencies and military services involved include CIA, DIA, NSA, DEA, the Navy, Air Force, and Army-and even the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Now, for the first time, New York Times bestselling author Annie Jacobsen tells the story of these radical, controversial programs, using never before seen declassified documents as well as exclusive interviews with, and unprecedented access to, more than fifty of the individuals involved.

Speaking on the record, many for the first time, are former CIA and Defense Department scientists, analysts, and program managers, as well as the government psychics themselves.

Who did the U.S. government hire for these top secret programs, and how do they explain their military and intelligence work?
How do scientists approach such enigmatic subject matter?

What interested the government in these supposed powers and does the research continue?
Phenomena is a riveting investigation into how far governments will go in the name of national security.

I know that James Randi has gone to very large lengths to discredit Uri Geller.
It seems to me though that Randi was incapable of maintaining a mind open enough for him to remain objective as a true skeptic and not just someone trying to disprove something they personally don’t believe is possible.
Imho there is far more proof than there is NOT proof.

Something I have always been slightly annoyed by is the unwillingness of some to even consider what is taking place could be “real”.
Sure David Blaine could pull off similar feats...but there are some tests that have been conducted that even Blaine could not possibly manipulate.
(Unless of course he has some PSI ability...which could very well be the case)
Anyhow...judge for yourself...these are old films and they don’t of course tell you that the CIA was funding them...but such was the case.
They funded PSI research for 40+ years publicly (though not at the time), and I’m sure is still to this day being continued elsewhere.

From a personal perspective I have seen things move that should not move - as have witnesses with me at the time.
And not just move a little bit.
I hate using the word “belief”, but I lean that way in a strong manner let's say, that PSI effects are happening around us all the time, usually too small to notice...but once in a while...

The Official Stanford Research Institute Film on Uri Geller

Last edited:

So true....
49896235_1193786044116795_1897649811323092992_n.png

friend.jpg

Wandering...

a12116efd58b57539b5d1c5bcdfa93bb.jpg

7f378d7e98079a4106a1436e6a531e14.jpg

065128aa9f4bc6d573edb7a779f6511e.jpg

2bf453cfde73e78ec7ed4495a5ac5b1b.jpg

558426b97c192357c95bb2923f40908c.jpg

fe49c100d0a29e434d2f995b72db6409.jpg

e593388a0e680500be20e13fa78ea16c.jpg

f8fe3424f59bd43335faaff68d1fc325.jpg

9693b684d58d13ef642c7aa0864bda5b.jpg

d2aa774d59b0dbed665b66ed1b246184.jpg

50221142_10156503226351693_1286882307663200256_n.jpg

face.jpg

boring.jpg

fatherg.jpg

flat.jpg

gi.jpg

god.jpg

haha.jpg

kafka.jpg

tv.jpg

I keep returning to his :tearsofjoy: So good. Nietzsche is amazing. "You should be suffering!"

Nietzsche is amazing*ly wrong in his suppositions

I just love how Schopenhauer is the Debbie Downer that always ruins their fun...lmao!

giphy.gif

I just love how Schopenhauer is the Debbie Downer that always ruins their fun...lmao!

giphy.gif

Haha, yeah. Totally earned, though. I mean, he does say about sex: "In the short moment after copulation, the devil's laughter is heard."

That's pretty godlike killjoy level.

I'll treat you guys to this one. It's very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Immanuel Kant; the 40 Year Old Virgin"

kant40YearOldVirgin1.png

kant40YearOldVirgin2.png

kant40YearOldVirgin3.png

I'll treat you guys to this one. It's very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Immanuel Kant; the 40 Year Old Virgin"

kant40YearOldVirgin1.png

kant40YearOldVirgin2.png

kant40YearOldVirgin3.png

I love how Hume is getting a drink thrown in his face in the background...lol.
Nice!!

Exciting!

A Melbourne Hospital Will Trial
Magic Mushroom Therapy for Dying Patients

Australia's first shroom trial is set to take place at St Vincent's Hospital in April.

1547601125769-shutterstock_579231529.jpeg

A medical trial will use magic mushrooms to treat end-of-life anxiety at Melbourne’s St Vincent’s Hospital this year.
The controversial study has finally been approved by ethics committees and state and federal authorities, and will see a number of terminally ill patients being given a single dose of synthetic psilocybin—the psychoactive ingredient in mushrooms—under the supervision and guidance of psychiatrists to help them come to terms with their own mortality.

Treatment of the first 30 patients is due to begin in April, NewsCorp reports.

Similar experiments in the United States regarding the efficacy of mushrooms in a palliative care context have yielded promising results.
Studies at New York University and Johns Hopkins University found that terminally ill subjects who were exposed to a dose of psilocybin showed a significant and enduring reduction in anxiety, depression, and existential distress.

In a follow-up assessment some six months after the treatment, 70 percent of the patients from the NYU trial later reflected on the psilocybin experience as one of the top five most spiritually significant experiences of their entire lives, while 87 percent reported increased life satisfaction overall.

“This is a completely different way of working with people,” Australian clinical psychologist Dr Stephen Bright told VICE last year, as part of an investigation into the therapeutic benefits of mushrooms for the terminally ill.

“What we try to do in palliative care at the moment is to relieve the pain and suffering as much as possible by giving people pain medication. But morphine’s not going to take away their anxiety or their depression.”

Dr Bright explained that by disabling the “default mode network” of the brain—that is, the neural network associated with a person’s typical way of thinking—psilocybin can provide people with “a completely different perspective on their situation” and zoom in on thoughts or ideas that we typically repress or pass over.

(Skarekrow - It helps people because you get to see your consciousness is not the body or the self, many have OOBEs, this along with the physiologic calming effects on the brain regions responsible (DMN) for anxiety and depression are why it works so well.)

Speaking to NewsCorp, St Vincent’s clinical psychologist Dr Margaret Ross said something to a similar effect.
“The US study was really profound: some people were able to transcend their ideas about dying. It really relaxes those old rigid ways we have built up in the way we look at the world,” she explained. “They had remission of symptoms [of psychiatric distress]. It was rapid, it was dramatic, and it was beyond impressive, because it lasted for up to six months.”

“This could potentially help so many people,” she added, “but it needs more research, and we need to understand the exact mechanisms of how psilocybin helps people and how we can optimise treatment.”

Certain people have further suggested that palliative psilocybin could be used to help those who are actively seeking euthanasia, and prevent them from wanting to take their own lives.

Psychiatrist Nigel Strauss, who has published a paper on the relationship between psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy and euthanasia told VICE that “hopefully a number of people who would have that treatment would then say ‘no, I can see what’s happening. I feel a lot better and more positive about it, and even though I am dying I don’t want to use euthanasia: I want to use the next couple of months to come to terms with everything and everybody.’

“By having the psilocybin experience they can see death in a whole different way and they’re much more comfortable with it.”

However, despite these advantages, St Vincent’s director of palliative medicine Associate Professor Mark Boughey is anticipating that “there will be some degree of backlash because everyone will assume this is just about magic mushrooms.

“But if you look at the studies,” he says, “it has minimal… serious adverse effects… [and] it has great potential.”

I haven't yet gone all the way back in your posts (and may never-I'll just admit it. Lol), but given your areas of interest I suspect you are already aware of the work being done with psychedelics in mental health generally? The article abstract below is just a recent random one to illustrate the point. I am most familiar with the success of organizations like https://maps.org and their research with trauma. Knowing what little I do, the success with end of life care also comes as no surprise. Thanks again for the kind of info you post. :)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6041963/

Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy: A Paradigm Shift in Psychiatric Research and Development

Eduardo Ekman Schenberg

Additional article information

Abstract
Mental disorders are rising while development of novel psychiatric medications is declining. This stall in innovation has also been linked with intense debates on the current diagnostics and explanations for mental disorders, together constituting a paradigmatic crisis. A radical innovation is psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy (PAP): professionally supervised use of ketamine, MDMA, psilocybin, LSD and ibogaine as part of elaborated psychotherapy programs. Clinical results so far have shown safety and efficacy, even for “treatment resistant” conditions, and thus deserve increasing attention from medical, psychological and psychiatric professionals. But more than novel treatments, the PAP model also has important consequences for the diagnostics and explanation axis of the psychiatric crisis, challenging the discrete nosological entities and advancing novel explanations for mental disorders and their treatment, in a model considerate of social and cultural factors, including adversities, trauma, and the therapeutic potential of some non-ordinary states of consciousness.