Merkabah | Page 201 | INFJ Forum
Whatever the initial contract was, to my knowledge some people took advantage of it and created a darker world. There was the Atlantis debacle that ended resulted in the current axial tilt. That is why we have seasons today. There was also something about genetically modified human bodies that cut us off from higher frequencies resulting in worse connectivity to the spiritual world. I think that this was before Atlantis.

When I was new on this forum last autumn, we discussed the state of mind of this planet. This planet is 3 on a scale of 1-9 that measures peacefulness. I am thinking that we were, e.g., 4 previously when this planet had a higher frequency.

Sweden and Germany are phasing out nuclear power. The Looneynati better hurry up ...

Atlantis. Ah yes... I have heard and read about that debacle as well. Lot's of betrayal involved in that cataclysm. I heard they were allegedly trying to ascend the whole planet the fast way by using Light focused on the Sun which increased it and sent it back to Earth. The first day of 24 hr streaming seemed to work...and then it all went wrong and Gaia groaned and tilted on her axis.

We learned a lot from that mess....hence the reason we're taking this Ascension nice and slow and easy.

25 Things About Life I Wish I Had Known 10 Years Ago

by DARIUS FOROUX

Socrates, considered as one of the founders of Western philosophy, was once named the wisest man on earth by the Oracle of Delphi.
When Socrates heard that the oracle had made such a comment, he believed that the statement was wrong.

Socrates said: “I know one thing: that I know nothing.”

How can the smartest man on earth know nothing?
I heard this paradoxical wisdom for the first time from my school teacher when I was 14 or 15.

It made such an impact on me that I used Socrates’s quote as my learning strategy.

“I know nothing” to me, means that you might be an educated person, but still, you know nothing.

You can learn from everything and everyone.

One thing that I like better than learning from my mistakes is to learn from other people’s mistakes.

Over the years, I’ve been blessed to have great mentors, teachers, family, friends, that taught me about life.

What you will find below is a list of the most important things I learned from other people and books.

Some of the lessons took me a long time to learn–but if I had to learn these things all by myself, it would take me a lot longer.

We might learn things quickly, but we often forget things at the same rate–and sometimes we need to remind ourselves of the things we’ve learned.

Here are 25 of those reminders that others taught me.

• Struggle Is Good
    Never say “I can’t take it anymore.” Say “Bring it on!”
  • Don’t Complain
    Complaining is the biggest waste of time there is. Either do something about it, and if you can’t, shut up about it.
  • Spend Time With People You Love
    That’s your family and best friends. If you don’t have a family, create one. Most people in life are only visitors. Family is for life.
  • Don’t Start A Relationship If You’re Not In Love
    I’ve done this more than once. You kind of like someone and think: “We might as well give it a shot.” Not a good idea. You’re either in love, or you are not. Don’t fool yourself. It’s not fair to you and the other person.
  • Exercise Daily
    I didn’t get this until recently. A healthy body is where you have to start everything in life. If you can’t build a healthy and strong body, what CAN you build in life?
  • Keep A Journal
    No, keeping a journal is not for children. It helps you to become a better thinker and writer. “I don’t want to be a writer” you might think. Well, how many emails and texts do you send a day? Everybody is a writer.
  • Be Grateful
    Say ‘thank you’ to everyone and everything. “Thank you for this beautiful day.” “Thank you for your email.” “Thank you for being there for me.”
  • Don’t Care About What People Think
    We all die in the end, do you really think it matters what people think of you?
  • Take More Risks
    Don’t be such a wimp.
  • Pick An Industry, Not A Job
    If you want to become good at something, you need to spend years and years doing that. You can’t do that if you hop from industry to industry. Pick an industry you love and start at the bottom. You will find the perfect role for you eventually.
  • Lead The Way
    When you find yourself in a situation where everyone looks at each other, it’s time for you to lead. You‘re a leader when you decide to become one. There’s no initiation or a title. Just a decision.
  • Money Isn’t Important
    It really isn’t. But you have to train yourself not to care about money. Don’t become too dependent on the stuff you own – otherwise, the stuff will own you.
  • Be Nice
    I don’t mean you should be a pushover. You can be someone that doesn’t take shit and be nice about it. Just don’t insult people, think you’re better than them, or act like an idiot.
  • Learn Every Day
    You’ve got to train your brain to stay alert. You don’t have to read a book a day to learn every day. Learn from your mistakes. Learn from the people around you – be open to what they can teach you.
  • Rest Before You Are Tired
    Even if you love your job, and every day seems like a holiday, you need to take time to rest. You’re a human and not an android, never forget that.
  • Don’t Judge
    Just because people make different choices than you, they are not stupid. Also, you don’t know everything about people, so don’t judge them – help them.
  • Think About Others
    Just be mindful, that’s all. We all have families, bills to pay, and our own issues. Don’t always make everything about yourself.
  • Give Without Expecting Something In Return
    Don’t keep score. You will become a bitter person if you do that. Give solely for the joy of giving. If you get something in return, great, if you don’t, great.
  • There’s No End Game
    We, as a species, just are. Don’t try to figure it all out. Enjoy your journey.
  • Enjoy Small Things
    I like clichés because they are true. Especially this one. You know why? Everyone says they know it, but no one lives up to it. They just chase big things.
  • Don’t Take Yourself Serious
    Yeah, yeah, you’re an individual, and people have to take you seriously, I get it. But at the end of the day, we’re all a bunch of ants trying to chase the same things. Lighten up.
  • Don’t Blame People
    What’s point? Do you want to punish them? You don’t do that to people. Also don’t blame yourself – you’re only human.
  • Create Something
    Not to leave a legacy, you won’t be here to see it anyway, but to be of use. Make music, write a book, build a table, anything. You’ll feel good about yourself, plus you give something back to people to use or enjoy.
  • Never Look Back Too Long
    Reflecting on the past is only good for one thing: Learning.
  • Take Action
    Don’t just sit there, do something. Without action, there is no outcome.

You might know a lot.
But like Socrates, you and I know nothing at all.

So we have to keep learning.

Wow, the guy who wrote this list is kind of an asshole. He stresses not to judge, just after he judges the reader for not taking enough risks or for getting into a relationship when not 100% certain you're madly in love with that person.

And money isn't important? Really, try being on the poverty line for a while. Money won't buy you happiness sure, but it'll buy you comfort. It'll buy you a release from the stress and worry that accompanies being poor.

Wow, the guy who wrote this list is kind of an asshole. He stresses not to judge, just after he judges the reader for not taking enough risks or for getting into a relationship when not 100% certain you're madly in love with that person.

And money isn't important? Really, try being on the poverty line for a while. Money won't buy you happiness sure, but it'll buy you comfort. It'll buy you a release from the stress and worry that accompanies being poor.

Hey…it’s not a perfect list…it’s just written by some dude as far as I’m concerned.
But it made some good points and at least will get some less-critically thinking individuals to ponder some of life’s questions.
I agree with money…money buys you freedom in the world we live in today.
It is as of now, a evil that we tolerate….(you can always tell a fellow person who has not necessarily grown up rich)...though it doesn’t have to be evil at all.
It’s the corrupting influence that excessive ANYTHING can hold over a person…not just money.

Hey…it’s not a perfect list…it’s just written by some dude as far as I’m concerned.
But it made some good points and at least will get some less-critically thinking individuals to ponder some of life’s questions.
I agree with money…money buys you freedom in the world we live in today.
It is as of now, a evil that we tolerate….(you can always tell a fellow person who has not necessarily grown up rich)...though it doesn’t have to be evil at all.
It’s the corrupting influence that excessive ANYTHING can hold over a person…not just money.

Yeah I know. You have a better attitude about these things. Not judging the whole because of a few flaws. Whereas I'll just completely reject something when I start notice a few glaring (if relatively minor) issues.

I agree with you. I don't think money is necessarily a negative influence. It's just that it's so over-valued and people go to extreme lengths to get it or keep it. Just like anything in life, when something has so much meaning placed upon it, there can't but be negative repercussions as a result.

Yeah I know. You have a better attitude about these things. Not judging the whole because of a few flaws. Whereas I'll just completely reject something when I start notice a few glaring (if relatively minor) issues.

I agree with you. I don't think money is necessarily a negative influence. It's just that it's so over-valued and people go to extreme lengths to get it or keep it. Just like anything in life, when something has so much meaning placed upon it, there can't but be negative repercussions as a result.

Well look at folks like the Koch brothers or the Waltons who own WalMart…their personal wealth is so high up there it is nothing short of ridiculous.
And WalMart somehow cannot afford to pay it’s own employees enough to keep them off of food stamps?
These type of folks who just amass huge sums of money and hoard it are just as crazy as the cat lady with 138 cats.
And sadly, especially here in the US we have this attitude that - even though the company is doing well, and production is up 3 fold - the employees see none of the monetary windfalls…nope…they are on the official employee pay scale ladder…you get a 2% raise every year…aren’t we fucking generous!!?
(That’s was what the last hospital I worked at had…2% a year…and it could be less if you got a bad review or the manager didn’t like you.)
BS

Okay, here I am. I'm sure there is something written about this somewhere on this forum or in this thread but I haven't found it yet. I know Serenity practiced Reiki but it seems she isn't around at the moment. Does anybody over here practice Reiki?

Okay, here I am. I'm sure there is something written about this somewhere on this forum or in this thread but I haven't found it yet. I know Serenity practiced Reiki but it seems she isn't around at the moment. Does anybody over here practice Reiki?

@Solongo does her own form of Reiki but she is on hiatus I believe. @Kgal can probably help you as well.
I can help you to…what is is you want to know about Reiki?

Reactions: #@&5&49
@Solongo does her own form of Reiki but she is on hiatus I believe. @Kgal can probably help you as well.

Thanks I appreciate your offer. It's not so much information that I need, although I'm open to anything anyone wants to share. I'm about to get my Master Reiki certificate. I live in a very small rural community that is not known for its open mindedness, so I have to travel a long ways to find other people interested in Reiki. I just wanted some folks to talk to about it.

Uh.... I don't know the particulars of Reiki.
All I know is when myself and a Reiki Master worked on B several months before he died I called upon Archangel Gabriel to help guide me and he showed up and worked through me. The Reiki master said she had never seen anyone so open and full of mastery. Hah! I gave full credit to AA Gabriel because truly I didn't know why I was doing what I did or how I knew the things I noticed. She was amazed.
Proof positive Spirit works through us in many many ways. :)
[MENTION=2873]Serenity[/MENTION] is the only one I know that knows it all.

Atheist Doctor Witnesses Telepathy,
Now Aims to Merge Science and Spirituality

Rick-Sheff-674x450.jpg

Rick Sheff, MD, was raised culturally Jewish, but essentially atheist.
On Passover, his family would sit around discussing possible scientific explanations for the crossing of the Red Sea during the Exodus.

“I’m sure Moses knew the tide charts,” his father would joke.
For them, it was an occasion to remember a political victory led by the historical figure Moses.

It wasn’t about God.
He learned at an early age that science held the answers to how the world works.

As a medical doctor, Sheff shared experiences with his patients that seemed to defy current medical knowledge.
One-by-one, he was able to dismiss each as a rare occurrence, an anomaly.

But these “data points,” as he calls them, started to add up.

Two outstanding data points–experiences of telepathy–created cracks in his armor of atheistic certainty and disrupted what he calls his “web of belief” based on modern science.

Rebuilding that web required a weaving together of spirituality and a new scientific paradigm.

What’s Your ‘Web of Belief’?

iStock_000084256595_Large-580x773.jpg

Sheff is a family physician, an author, and the chief medical officer of healthcare consultancy firm The Greeley Company.
He studied philosophy at Oxford University before attending the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

As a philosophy student, he learned about the famed American philosopher Willard Van Orman Quine (1908—2000), who coined the term “web of belief.”
Sheff summarized: “Every one of us functions in a personal web of belief. Think of this as a network of mutually reinforcing knowledge claims about the world.”

“When we encounter a data point–an experience, or a scientific result–that doesn’t fit our web of belief, we have three choices,” he said.
The first option is to deny that it is “data.”

We can write it off as “just coincidence,” or in a scientific study we could assume it’s a measurement error.
Scientists may say, for example, “Until that study is reproduced by a number of other people independently, I’m not going to accept that that data is valid. It’s not data.”

The second option is to accept it as anomalous data. It stays on the periphery of the web of belief and doesn’t influence the core.
We might say, “That’s odd,” or “That’s really unusual,” and not think much more about it.

The third option is to allow it to take up residence deeper and deeper in the web of belief, causing shifts at the very core.
This is what eventually happened to Sheff.

The data points finally shattered his web of belief.
The shattering was painful at first, but “the result has been more joy than I ever knew possible.”

That’s the origin of the title of his book, “Joyfully Shattered,” in which he tells his story and discusses what he sees for the future of science–a science reconciled with spirituality instead of opposed to it.

The ‘Telepathic’ Experiences

Sheff had a patient, a 6-month-old baby named Ryan, who was terminally ill.
The illness came on suddenly, and the baby’s father, Tom, understandably had a hard time accepting that his baby was going to die.

Ryan held on longer than expected but he was in very bad shape.

An unprecedented feeling of intuition came over Sheff.

He felt that Ryan might be holding on because he knew his father wouldn’t be able to accept his death.
Never had Sheff conceived such a thought or said anything like what he told Tom: he suggested Tom go to Ryan’s bedside and tell him it’s OK if he leaves. The baby died two hours later.

“The scientist in me wanted to say that this was all just a coincidence,” Sheff wrote in his book.
“Labeling it a coincidence would preserve my faith in the science in which I had been trained.”

Sheff’s wife, Marsha, was pregnant.
Her best friend, Susan, was also pregnant.

iStock_000064346283_Large-580x387.jpg

At 4:30 a.m. one morning, Marsha awoke from a deep sleep and said, “Susan is in labor, I know it.”
She felt a tingling, an energy coursing through her whole body.

She was sure of it, but she didn’t contact Susan and eventually went back to sleep.
She later found out that Susan had started to feel contractions at 4:30 a.m.

“I suddenly knew people could communicate at a distance,” Sheff said.
He told a fellow physician about the experience.

The physician replied, “It’s not data, it’s just coincidence.”

In his book, Sheff described his reaction:
“What do you mean coincidence? The statistical chances of Marsha awakening at precisely the same moment Susan was awakened with her first contraction and Marsha being flooded with energy and knowing that Susan was in labor at that moment are so vanishingly small that something had to cause it.

“To call this simple coincidence is an outrageous act of faith. It’s not good science.”

He stated that if someone had come to him with a similar account when he was still enmeshed in absolute materialism, he would have had the same response. Sheff doesn’t resent people like this physician friend; he understands their perspective.

He quoted Saint Ignatius of Loyola:
“For one who believes, no proof is necessary. For the nonbeliever, no amount of proof is sufficient.”

“Must it always be so?” Sheff asked.

The New Paradigm

“Look, Rick,” Sheff’s physician friend said when Sheff later discussed a paradigm shift in science, “I don’t doubt that you have had the subjective experiences you’ve shared with us over the years.
But these are just that, subjective.

That’s not science.
Science requires data, public data that others can test, reproduce, and refute.
Whatever it is you’re doing, please don’t confuse it with science.”

He was right, Sheff needed more. “A good scientist follows the data wherever it leads, rather than truncating that pursuit based upon pre*conceived notions or theories. I’d had the courage to pursue these data points that had led me to join the growing group of seekers for the new scientific paradigm. But he was right. My data points did not stand the test of science done well.”

Exactly one week later, Sheff met William Tiller, Ph.D., and in Tiller’s work he found what he thinks could be the foundation of the new paradigm.
Tiller has had a successful career in the world of conventional science.

He is a professor emeritus at Stanford University and former chair of Stanford’s material science and engineering department, with numerous papers published in peer-reviewed journals.

But, like Sheff, he feels science is due for a Copernican-scale paradigm shift. Dr. Tiller stated in an interview in 2014:
“There are thousands of people over the last 150 years who have done such remarkable things that are put in the category of parapsychology, which orthodox science has wanted to sweep under the rug, because the results are not internally consistent with their results.”

“Anything that doesn’t fit their kind of results and the methodology of getting those results, they think is crapola,” he said.

Dr. William Tiller

A major insight of Tiller’s that fascinated Sheff is that scientists may influence the results of their experiments with their own intentions.
Tiller’s experiments have suggested that human intention can change the pH-levels of water, the activity of an enzyme in a test tube, and biological processes in a living organism.

He has done a variety of experiments showing the physical impacts human intention can have.

Sheff wrote in his book of Tiller’s insight:
“Since the days of Descartes, Bacon, and Newton, research in the physical sciences has rested upon an unstated assumption that no human qualities of consciousness, intention, emotion, mind, or spirit can significantly influence a well*-designed target experiment in physical reality.”

This is “a core assumption of a widely shared web of belief, but not a proven ‘fact,'” he wrote.

Lessons for the Future in the History of Science

Late in the 19th century many scientists felt all the major discoveries had already been made, Sheff said.
They had an understanding of electromagnetism and thermodynamics, the periodic table had been formulated, Isaac Newton had established a paradigm for physics.

But there were data points at that time that didn’t fit.
The aberrancies in the orbit of mercury couldn’t be explained with Newtonian physics, for example.

Albert Einstein hypothesized that the speed of light is not constant in general, but it is constant from any given reference frame, which was a shift from the Newtonian understanding.

Einstein’s Relativity theories initiatedanother paradigm shift and showed us that space and time are not as we thought.
Quantum mechanics spurred another shift, and today’s paradigm includes quantum mechanics and General Relativity.

Sheff asked:
“But does anybody think that’s the endpoint, the final paradigm, the truth?”

Skarekrow, that was an interesting article for me because I was raised by nonconformist alternative lifestyle people and chose rigid academia to spend most of my life in. I'm currently looking for ways to back up Reiki with some evidence based clinical research. There isn't much scientific empirical evidence that supports the belief that Reiki works. As a result it is still considered "faith healing".

I would like to read the actual study of people's intentions changing the ph in water. At this moment in the evolution of our species, if people want to see more alternative healing modalities accepted they have to include empirical evidence. As far as Reiki goes, which is my thing right now, more Reiki practitioners need to know how to collect and report scientific data. Basically they have to understand how to conduct a clinical research study.

Here's a few scientific studies I've been able to find about Reiki.

1) Investigation of standard care versus sham Reiki placebo versus actual Reiki therapy to enhance comfort and well-being in a chemotherapy infusion center.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21531671

Results reported no difference in using Reiki on chemotherapy patients during infusion.

2) Reiki's effect on patients with total knee arthroplasty: A pilot study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26760383

Patients reported a reduction in pain after knee surgery, however, patients did not report a reduction in pain medication taken.

3) An Integrative Review of Reiki Research
http://rehab.ucla.edu/workfiles/Urban Zen/Integrative_Review_of_Reiki_Research.pdf

This is a meta-analysis of available research about reiki. It was compiled by a UCLA grad student in a nursing program and submitted for her masters degree thesis. People are really jumping on this one. I have yet to finish reading it. It has a few references to some solid empirical evidence, albeit, with limitations, but it's a good compilation of what kind of research is out there as far as Reiki goes.

Skarekrow, that was an interesting article for me because I was raised by nonconformist alternative lifestyle people and chose rigid academia to spend most of my life in. I'm currently looking for ways to back up Reiki with some evidence based clinical research. There isn't much scientific empirical evidence that supports the belief that Reiki works. As a result it is still considered "faith healing".

I would like to read the actual study of people's intentions changing the ph in water. At this moment in the evolution of our species, if people want to see more alternative healing modalities accepted they have to include empirical evidence. As far as Reiki goes, which is my thing right now, more Reiki practitioners need to know how to collect and report scientific data. Basically they have to understand how to conduct a clinical research study.

Here's a few scientific studies I've been able to find about Reiki.

1) Investigation of standard care versus sham Reiki placebo versus actual Reiki therapy to enhance comfort and well-being in a chemotherapy infusion center.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21531671

Results reported no difference in using Reiki on chemotherapy patients during infusion.

2) Reiki's effect on patients with total knee arthroplasty: A pilot study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26760383

Patients reported a reduction in pain after knee surgery, however, patients did not report a reduction in pain medication taken.

3) An Integrative Review of Reiki Research
http://rehab.ucla.edu/workfiles/Urban Zen/Integrative_Review_of_Reiki_Research.pdf

This is a meta-analysis of available research about reiki. It was compiled by a UCLA grad student in a nursing program and submitted for her masters degree thesis. People are really jumping on this one. I have yet to finish reading it. It has a few references to some solid empirical evidence, albeit, with limitations, but it's a good compilation of what kind of research is out there as far as Reiki goes.

Here are some links for you -
Sorry that not all of them link, but perhaps a google search of the title will pull it up.
Also, there are some articles that are a bit off track from what you requested but still relevant in the field IMO.

[h=2]Healing at a Distance[/h]
  • Astin et al (2000). The Efficacy of “Distant Healing”: A Systematic Review of Randomized Trials (Download PDF)
  • Leibovici (2001). Effects of remote, retroactive intercessory prayer on outcomes in patients with bloodstream infection: randomised controlled trial (Download PDF)
  • Krucoff et al (2001). Integrative noetic therapies as adjuncts to percutaneous intervention during unstable coronary syndromes: Monitoring and Actualization of Noetic Training (MANTRA) feasibility pilot (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2004). Possible effects of healing intention on cell cultures and truly random events (Download PDF)
  • Krucoff et al (2005). Music, imagery, touch, and prayer as adjuncts to interventional cardiac care: the Monitoring and Actualisation of Noetic Trainings (MANTRA) II randomised study (Download PDF)
  • Benson et al (2006). Study of the therapeutic effects of intercessory prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients (Download PDF)
  • Masters & Spielmans (2007). Prayer and Health: Review, Meta-Analysis, and Research Agenda (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2008). Compassionate intention as a therapeutic intervention by partners of cancer patients: Effects of distant intention on the patients’ autonomic nervous system (Download PDF)
  • Schlitz et al (2012). Distant healing of surgical wounds: An exploratory study. (Download PDF)

[h=2]Physiological Correlations at a Distance[/h]
  • Duane & Behrendt (1965). Extrasensory electroencephalographic induction between identical twins (Download PDF)
  • Grinberg-Zylberbaum et al (1994). The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox in the Brain: The transferred potential (Download PDF)
  • Wiseman & Schlitz (1997). Experimenter effects and the remote detection of staring (Download PDF)
  • Standish et al (2003). Evidence of correlated functional magnetic resonance imaging signals between distant human brains (Download PDF)
  • Wackermann et al (2003). Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially separated human subjects (Download PDF)
  • Schmidt et al (2004). Distant intentionality and the feeling of being stared at: Two meta-analyses (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2004). Event related EEG correlations between isolated human subjects (Download PDF)
  • Standish et al (2004). Electroencephalographic Evidence of Correlated Event-Related Signals Between the Brains of Spatially and Sensory Isolated Human Subjects (Download PDF)
  • Achterberg et al (2005). Evidence for Correlations Between Distant Intentionality and Brain Function in Recipients: A Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2005). The sense of being stared at: A preliminary meta-analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Schlitz (2005). Gut feelings, intuition, and emotions: An exploratory study (Download PDF)
  • Schlitz et al (2006). Of two minds: Skeptic-proponent collaboration within parapsychology (Download PDF)
  • Moulton & Kosslyn (2008). Using Neuroimaging to Resolve the Psi Debate (Download PDF)
  • Ambach (2008). Correlations between the EEGs of two spatially separated subjects: a replication study (Download PDF)
  • Hinterberger (2010). Searching for neuronal markers of psi: A summary of three studies measuring electrophysiology in distant participants (Download PDF)
  • Schmidt (2012). Can We Help Just by Good Intentions? A Meta-Analysis of Experiments on Distant Intention Effects (Download PDF)
  • Jensen & Parker (2012). Entangled in the womb? A pilot study on the possible physiological connectedness between identical twins with different embryonic backgrounds (Download PDF)
  • Jensen & Parker (2013). Further possible physiological connectedness between identical twins: The London study (Download PDF)

[h=2]Mind-Matter Interaction[/h]
  • Crookes (1874). Researches in the phenomena of spiritualism (Download PDF)
  • Crookes (1874). Notes of séances with DDH (Download PDF)
  • Jahn (1982). The persistent paradox of psychic phenomena: An engineering perspective (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Nelson (1989). Evidence for Consciousness-Related Anomalies in Random Physical Systems (Download PDF)
  • Radin & Ferrari (1991). Effects of Consciousness on the Fall of Dice: A Meta-Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Nelson et al (2002). Correlations of continuous random data with major world events (Download PDF)
  • Crawford et al (2003). Alterations in Random Event Measures Associated with a Healing Practice (Download PDF)
  • Freedman et al (2003). Effects of Frontal Lobe Lesions on Intentionality and Random Physical Phenomena (Download PDF)
  • Bosch et al (2006). Examining Psychokinesis: The Interaction of Human Intention With Random Number Generators—A Meta-Analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2006). Reexamining psychokinesis: Commentary on the Bösch, Steinkamp and Boller meta-analysis (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2006). Experiments testing models of mind-matter interaction (Download PDF)
  • Radin (2008). Testing nonlocal observation as a source of intuitive knowledge (Download PDF)
  • Nelson & Bancel (2011). Effects of mass consciousness: Changes in random data during global events (Download PDF)
  • Radin et al (2012). Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments (Download PDF)
  • Shiah & Radin (2013). Metaphysics of the tea ceremony: A randomized trial investigating the roles of intention and belief on mood while drinking tea (Download PDF)

[SIZE=+3]VIII. Conscious Entanglement, Free Will, and Quantum Measurement[/SIZE][SIZE=+3][/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Detecting Mass Consciousness: Effects of Globally Shared Attention and Emotion[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Roger Nelson, Ph.D., Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Consciousness and Quantum Measurement: New Empirical Data[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]York H. Dobyns, Ph.D., Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Non-Locality, Cognition, and Cosmic Structures [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Paul Bernstein, Ph.D., Rudolph Schild, Ph.D., Metod Saniga, RNDr, Petr Pracna RNDr, Luboš Neslušan RNDr, & Kala Perkins, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Temporal Topos and Time at the Origin of Universe and its Relation to Consciousness [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Goro C. Kato Mathematics Department, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, Cosmology, Vol 18. 443-455.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]A Quantum Physical Effect of Consciousness[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Shan Gao, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]The Conscious Observer in the Quantum Experiment [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Fred Kuttner and Bruce Rosenblum, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Does Quantum Mechanics Require A Conscious Observer? [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Michael Nauenberg, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Quantum Physics, Advanced Waves and Consciousness[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Antonella Vannini Ph.D., and Ulisse Di Corpo, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]The Macro-Objectification Problem and Conscious Perceptions[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]GianCarlo Ghirardi, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Consciousness and the Quantum[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Don N. Page, Ph.D., Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Retrocausality and Signal Nonlocality in Consciousness and Cosmology[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Jack Sarfatti, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Classical Anthropic Everett Model: Indeterminacy in a Preordained Multiverse[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Brandon Carter, Cosmology, Vol 16.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]SETI by Entanglement [/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Michael Ibison and George Hathaway, Cosmology, Vol 18.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]Speculations about the Direct Effects of Intention on Physical Manifestation[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Imants Barušs, Department of Psychology, King’s University College at The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, Cosmology, Vol 18,

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

"Introduction: Remembrances of Bernard Grad," forthcoming in Bernard Grad,On the Road to Healing and Biogenesis. 2016.
"Challenges for Preclinical Investigations of Human Biofield Modalties," Biofield Science and Healing: Toward a Transdisciplinary Approach, 2015 (with Gloria Gronowicz and Garret Yount)
"Spirituality, Connection, and Healing with Intent: Some Reflections on Cancer Experiments on Laboratory Mice," in Lisa Miller (ed.), Oxford Handbook of Spirituality and Psychology. 2012. Oxford University Press.
"The Boggle Effect," EdgeScience, no. 12, Oct-Dec, 2012.
"Crossing Disciplinary Boundaries: Going Beyond even Meta-Analysis on Distant Intention," Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol 18(6), June 2012.
"Some Implications of the Reported Effects of Johrei on the Viability and Proliferation of Cultured Cancer Cells In Vitro," Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol.18 (3), March 2012
"Consciousness and the Source of Reality," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 25(4), Winter 2012, pp. 821-825.
"Science and Hands-On Healing," Bridges Magazine, vol. 21(2), 2011.
"Breakthrough: Clues to Healing with Intention." EdgeScience, no.2, January/March 2010, p.5-9.
"The Healing Connection: EEG Harmonics, Entrainment, and Schumann's Resonances." Journal of Scientific Exploration, vol. 24, no. 4,Winter 2010, pp. 655-666. (with Luke Hendricks and Jay Gunkelman)
"Anomalous DC Magnetic Field Activity during a Bioenergy Healing Experiment." Journal of Scientific Exploration, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 397-410, 2010. (with Margaret Moga)
"Some Patterns of Acceptance of Anomalies." The Explorer, vol.22, no.3, Spring 2009, p.7-9.
"Can Healing Be Taught?" Explore, vol 4(3), pp. 197-200, May/June 2008.(with Don Murphy)
"Resonance, Placebo Effects, and Type II Errors: Some Implications from Healing Research for Experimental Methods." Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 13(3), pp. 317-327, May 2007. (with Margaret Moga)
"A Method Used to Train Skeptical Volunteers to Heal in an Experimental Setting," Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol 13(3), pp. 329–331, 2007.
"Methodological Difficulties Involving Control Groups in Healing Research." The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 10(2), April 2004.
"Directions in Healing Research," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 15(1), pp. 128-130, Spring 2001.
"Scientific Disclosure," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 15(1), Spring 2001.
"Anomalies in Anomalous Research," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 15(1), Spring 2001.
"Some Implications of the Bengston/Krinsley Healing Experiments," Monterey Institute for the Study of Alternative Healing Arts, vol.30-31, December 2000, pp.353-364
"The Effect of the 'Laying On of Hands' on Transplanted Breast Cancer in Mice," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Fall 2000, vol. 14(3), pp.353-364. (with David Krinsley)

Mind-Body, Healing & Healthcare
Schlitz, M. (in press). Transpersonal Healing: Assessing the Evidence from Laboratory and Clinical Trials. International Journal of Transpersonal Studies.
Marilyn Schlitz, Harriet W. Hopf, Loren Eskenazi, Cassandra Vieten, PhD, Dean Radin, (2012). “Distant Healing Of Surgical Wounds: An Exploratory Study,” EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing July 2012, 8(4), 223-230. Abstract.
Schlitz, M. (2008). “The Integral Model: Answering the Call for Whole Systems Healthcare.” Permanente Journal, 12(2): Commentary 61-68. HTML.
Radin D., Stone, J., Levine, E., Eskandarnejad, S., Schlitz, M. , Kozak, L. , Mandel, D. and Hayssen, G. (2008). “Compassionate Intention as a Therapeutic Intervention by Partners of Cancer Patients.” Explore.
Schlitz, M. (2004). “Intentional Healing: Exploring the Extended Reaches of Consciousness.” Subtle Energies & Energy Medicine. 14 (1): 1-18.
Yount, G., J. Solfvin, D. Moore, M. Schlitz, M. Reading; K. Aldape, and Y. Qian (2004). “In vitro test of external Qigong.” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. March 15, 2004.
Schlitz, M., D.I. Radin, B.F. Malle, S. Schmidt, J. Utts & G.L.Yount. (2003). “Distant healing intention: Definitions and evolving guidelines for laboratory studies.” Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 9 (3), A31-A43.
Killoran, M., M. Schlitz, & N. Lewis. (2002). “Unremarkable Recoveries: Normalizing Adversity and Cancer Survival.” Qualitative Health Research, 12 (2): 208-222.
Schlitz, M. J. & W. G. Braud, (1997). “Distant Intentionality and Healing: Assessing the Evidence.” Alternative Therapies. 3(6), 62-73.
Schlitz, M. (1997). “Intentionality and intuition and their clinical implications: A challenge for science and medicine.” NWP Journal of Clinical Practice.
Schlitz, M. & N. Lewis (1997). “Spontaneous remission and extended survival.” Alternative Health Practitioner. 3(2).
Schlitz, M. (1996). “Intentionality and intuition and their clinical implications: A challenge for science and medicine.” Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health. 12(2), 58-66.
Schlitz, M. (1996). “Intentionality: A program of study in Five questions on intentionality, science and mind-body medicine—an Advances forum.” Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body Health. 12(3), 31-32.
Schlitz, M. (1996). “Intentionality: A challenge for science and medicine.” World Futures: The Journal of General Evolution.
Moerman, D., W. Jonas, P. Bush, R. Edwards, A. Herxheimer, J. Kleijnen, A. Roberts, M. Schlitz, J. Solfvin, S. van der Geest & A. Watkins. (1996). “Placebo effects and research in alternative and conventional medicine”. Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine. 2(2), 141-148.
Schlitz, M. (1995). “Intentionality in healing: Mapping the integration of body, mind, and spirit” Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, 1(5), 119-120.

And this one - http://harald-walach.de/Harald_Walach_Publications.pdf

Thats a little overwhelming. Maybe I'll sift through all those studies to find some that are specific to Reiki, but it'll have to be when I have about 600 free hours. Thank you.

Thats a little overwhelming. Maybe I'll sift through all those studies to find some that are specific to Reiki, but it'll have to be when I have about 600 free hours. Thank you.

I wanted to give you a good base to start you out ;-)

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] Have you found any alternative healing techniques like reiki to be helpful with pain management? My uncle's going through a fairly bad time with back pain after the sciatic nerve was hit during his surgery. So I was just wondering if there's anything in particular that helps you.

@Skarekrow Have you found any alternative healing techniques like reiki to be helpful with pain management? My uncle's going through a fairly bad time with back pain after the sciatic nerve was hit during his surgery. So I was just wondering if there's anything in particular that helps you.

I have had Reiki a handful of times with mixed results (I’m sure it varies from person to person), but you as the recipient need to be in the right frame of mind too (which can be difficult when you really hurt).
I have actually found meditation and biofeedback to be the most helpful personally…I’ll see if I can find a good guided one on youtube for him.
Also - acupuncture…again, it’s about finding the right person…(find the oldest Asian dude you can).
It would be nice to see his medication list and the surgery summary, so I can’t really offer any suggestions other than make sure his Doctor is aware that he is in bad pain…a lot of times they can help but (especially men) try to just “tough it out”.
Of course he can’t just meditate all day long, that is extremely difficult firstly and secondly you can’t get anything else accomplished…but for the pain that already hurts to the point where your day is going to be wasted anyhow, it is very helpful.
Believe it or not - reading and music…both stimulators of Dopamine…actually so does meditation and acupuncture…this is one of the body’s natural mood booster/pain killer. Laugher IS the best medicine…it actually does decrease pain in studies done.
I’ll post up that video in a bit if you think he would be open to it…I just put on eye shades…get in a cozy position, and pop in the earphones.
Other than that - hot baths (if he can…you may want to check with his discharge instructions as to when a bath is suitable).