Men and women are different. And that's okay | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Men and women are different. And that's okay

It’s called circle scissoring. Get with the times.
giphy.gif

Men and women are different but those differences should not limit either. I think that's the issue. Men should be able to cry and be emotional and empathetic and nurturing and women should be able to be assertive and strong and provide and hunt bears and 'rassle alligators and do keg stands and watch sports and know how to change a tire and throw a football and grill a steak if they want/need to. Because we're all not the same.

I mostly agree but it's only half the picture. The other half is that not adhering to traditional roles has a hefty price tag in sexual selection, especially for straight men. While it's much easier now to get general acceptance, when it comes to having sex, making family and babies, women usually give preference to masculine men. It's just how attraction works at instinctual level and it goes deeper than our moral beliefs. The emphasis here is on "usually" because minorities with other attraction preferences do exist. But one then is forced to limit mate selection within that small group - hence the price tag.

So our cultural narrative tells - yeah, go on express yourself, you can be whoever you want. And then comes the unexpected hurt to those who take it at face value.

@LittleLetterLabels Wouldn't it be interesting if governance regarding social issues was matriarchy and military was patriarchy? How do you think that would look? My Ni thinks social issues would be better dealt with in a matriarchy.