Media honesty | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Media honesty

Yup...now I ain't no Repubunk'n but I am a conservative.

Go Libertarians!
I am a center-right corporate tool no different from Nancy Pelsoi, Paul Ryan, Bill Clinton, or Rahm Emmanuel.

New How do you feel about Donald Trump being less of a war monger than Barack Obama
Half-true.

Trump has initiated more drone-strikes in his first term as President than Barack Obama did in his entire eight years. All without congressional approval, mind you.

However, I give him credit for opening communication with North Korea. However, he worsened relations with Cuba and that was a terrible move, stoked conflict with Iran, and sells weapons to Saudi Arabia as they invade yemen.

Half-true.

Trump has initiated more drone-strikes in his first term as President than Barack Obama did in his entire eight years. All without congressional approval, mind you.

However, I give him credit for opening communication with North Korea. However, he worsened relations with Cuba and that was a terrible move, stoked conflict with Iran, and sells weapons to Saudi Arabia as they invade yemen.
I'm not on the strategic level so my words don't carry much weight but I don't think he has done bad overall as commander and chief. He helped build peace between Arabs and Israelis to what extent is unknown to me. He wants to pull out of Germany which is good. Selling arms to Taiwan. Decoupling the US from the Chinese economy. Space force sounds cool but I would like us to have space marines. All good things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reason and Pin
I'm not on the strategic level so my words don't carry much weight but I don't think he has done bad overall as commander and chief. He helped build peace between Arabs and Israelis to what extent is unknown to me. He wants to pull out of Germany which I don't is good. Selling arms to Taiwan. Decoupling the US from the Chinese economy. Space force sounds cool but I would like us to have space marines. All good things.
With respect to the Israeli-Palestinian situation Trump is a Zionist. He supports Israel and seems to support a one-state solution. I agree with his actions with respect to Israel. That said, he has no clue about this topic. He's supremely uneducated in most respects.

Like Trump, like Mitt Romney, like John McCain, I am a Zionist. If you prefer that one-state approach to a two-state solution, that's fine. However, keep in mind the Palestinian authorities want a two-state solution.

I don't think we should pull our troops out of any of our allied countries. That's exactly what Putin wants at the moment.

I don't mind arms being sold to Taiwan, I like Taiwan. I'm also not a protectionist so I largely support American trade with China but would support increased sanctions to effectively address human rights violations.

I like Space Marines.

Last edited:
With respect to the Israeli-Palestinian situation Trump is a zionist. He supports israel and seems to support a one-state solution. I agree with his actions with respect to Israel. That said, he has no clue about this topic. Like Trump, like Mitt Romney, like John McCain, I am a Zionist.
If you prefer that approach to a two-state solution, that's fine. However, keep in mind the Palestinian authorities want a two-state solution.

I don't think we should pull our troops out of any of our allied countries. That's exactly what Putin wants at the moment.

I don't mind arms being sold to Taiwan, I like Taiwan. I'm also not a protectionist so I largely support American trade with China but would support increased sanctions to effectively address human rights violations.

I like Space Marines.
The Emperor Protects!

Attachments

• godermptrump.jpg
    godermptrump.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Pin and Reason
I sense more bias in this thread than the lamestream media. It’s called the hostile media effect and this thread is bursting at the seams with it.

How do you feel about Donald Trump being less of a war monger than Barack Obama despite what the media said in 2016 about how he would cause WW3?
Can you please cite some specific examples of this? Namely, I need to see evidence that a major news bureau like NBC News, NYTimes, WaPo, etc. official stance was exactly this position. Opinion pieces do not count as they are the views of the author and not the publisher. Please list the URLs. I’ll be waiting. Thanks.

I sense more bias in this thread than the lamestream media. It’s called the hostile media effect and this thread is bursting at the seams with it.

Can you please cite some specific examples of this? Namely, I need to see evidence that a major news bureau like NBC News, NYTimes, WaPo, etc. official stance was exactly this position. Opinion pieces do not count as they are the views of the author and not the publisher. Please list the URLs. I’ll be waiting. Thanks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/4974241/donald-trump-bob-corker-republican-party/?amp=true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/national-security/354994-this-is-how-trump-could-start-world-war-iii?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/psmag.com/.amp/news/trump-dragging-united-states-to-brink-of-war

Reactions: Reason
Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Sorry about coming at you like that. It’s simply the inner debater in me. I’ve been doing it a very long time now, since I was a teenager and I’m 31 now.

You’re new here just like me. The first thing that you want to do is establish your credibility when jumping in discussions like these. Instead, you simply went Googling for headlines that seemingly prove your narrative without even reading them. You went and proved OP’s point about cherry-picking things. You even posted something that goes against your narrative since liberal Marxist commie George Soros funded Bob Corker bucked his party in that Times article. Along with a few others in here, you’ve demonstrated a shallow understanding of how journalism works.

Anyways, I wish people would stop conflating op-eds with the news bureau and publisher that publishes them.

For those that are unaware of how journalism works in the West, if you want to know the view of the news bureau in question, you need to look for editorials. Not op-eds. Most especially those written by the entire editorial board. Like this one.

Also, yes news publishers on print and television do have an agenda, but it’s not the totally nefarious one that many on the right and some on the left are speculating it is. They’re simply publishing stories that they think their audience will care about. Nationally significant stories get published by CNN, WaPo, NYTimes, etc. and then you have your local papers and TV stations that publish stories that are locally significant to its local audience. Advertising revenue and subscription fees are what they care about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ahhh the media is a tricksy phenomenon isn't it? All that constant fear mongering....
I have found over the last 8 years that I can find evidence For...and Against my current theory in any given moment. In the last couple of years I have discovered when choosing which to believe....its like picking up a coin. You can't have one side without the other.
Like others have brought out here the media is owned and basically run by a few guys waaaayyyy at the top....and they play both sides continuously because it's a win win for them.

I quit watching mainstream TV back in the early 90's and only watched movies once a month or so for many years afterward. I have even stopped that now because they don't interest me anymore. I'm guessing since I am not brainwashed in the current ways of TV programming the occasional times I am subjected to mainstream TV news or otherwise I am astonished at seeing the manipulation and lies. Is it because I believe other than the main narrative. Not necessarily. It's because I can tune out the sound and see the people lying...the subliminal suggestions from the color schemes....the people on screen....their fake positions...etc.

May I suggest you seek others who share their direct experiences such as forums like this and other social groups who are open to the underlying beliefs for your theories?

Another thing to note is the fact the truths we were taught in school are being disproved again and again as humanity's level of conscious awareness expands through the internet of ideas. Including so called facts of science and research. I'm a 64 year old with college degrees in chemical engineering and social work. To my amazement these days.... "the facts" are constantly being challenged and proven wrong now....almost monthly. That old axiom "Things Change" should really be stated: "Things are always IN the process of Changing". heh heh.... These are wondrous times indeed.

Don't be afraid to try on others' ideas. See how they feel inside your body. This lets your Intuition expand and play its important role for you in discovering your truths True for you. If you become afraid....then move away. Lies are based on Fear.
Each and everyone of us see but a facet of the total....and who BUT You can really know what's good for you?
Good luck on your quest to develop your discernment and intuition. They are integral to your Mastery.
There’s so much to expand on this too. There’s so much traumatization that goes into hypnosis and information gathering on the internet. Once you’ve played into the fear of current reality, even as politicians have done, you’ve made yourself more hypnotizible to a false sense of security or fear of society as a whole. We’re all quite traumatized from our own set of incidences and further contribute to that fear in others as the day continues. The brains ability to dissociate from pain means not ignoring another’s pain in their perspective and not allowing your judgment to be skewed.

There’s so much to expand on this too. There’s so much traumatization that goes into hypnosis and information gathering on the internet. Once you’ve played into the fear of current reality, even as politicians have done, you’ve made yourself more hypnotizible to a false sense of security or fear of society as a whole. We’re all quite traumatized from our own set of incidences and further contribute to that fear in others as the day continues. The brains ability to dissociate from pain means not ignoring another’s pain in their perspective and not allowing your judgment to be skewed.

Yes. I agree with you here. Trauma drives us....and therefore the collective too. It's why we're so easily manipulated.

I was reminded of confirmation bias(mine also) and how I need that reminder of: "I don't know what I don't know...". Hahaha

Confirmation Bias I knew it lololol.jpg

Walter Cronkite has been gone for a long time. Truth and honesty are not part of the media world. It is all about what the advertising world can sell to keep the media outlet in business