MBTI type most difficult to understand?

Elektra

Regular Poster
May 7, 2013
MBTI
XNFX
Enneagram
4w8 sx
Yeah, I know you're exceptionally good at judging people's characters but even so, you must have more difficulties understanding some types than others. Correct me if I'm wrong, confirm my suspicions if I'm right.:w: So is there any particular MBTI type that it's harder for you to deal with in any way?

Difficult to get along with: Any type which doesn't share any one of our four cognitive functions and especially one which has our devil function as their dominant.

ISTJ (Si Te Fi Ne)
ISFJ (Si Fe Ti Ne) - Semi compatible due to sharing Fe and Ti but impossible to communicate due to Dominant Si
ESTJ (Te Si Ne Fi) - They are often very easy to understand due to the clear logical method of communication but often just by communicating they "insult our intelligence"

Difficult to type/figure out: Any type that has conscious control over both intuitive and sensing way of thinking.

ENTJ (Te Ni Se Fi)
ENFJ (Fe Ni Se Ti)

INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe)
INFP (Fi Ne Si Te)

Everyone that's not an INFJ!

I'd have to say ESTP. Last one I met was a complete slutbag and had no particular defense besides offense with that criticism. She also seemed to be delusional and thought I 'wanted' her at some point.

In general, even for Dominant Introvert Intuitive Types, the hardest to understand are Dominant Introvert Intuitive Types (INTJ, INFJ), especially if these two types aren't developed enough.

The more I realize that MBTI can be a predominant way to understand people, the more I realize that I don't understand others. I always thought others were like me, and that their thought processes, the way the comprehend and process emotions - where the way that I did things...now seeing that this is completely different for so many people, it has made me realize that I understand people far less than I originally thought!

ISFJ (Si Fe Ti Ne) - Semi compatible due to sharing Fe and Ti but impossible to communicate due to Dominant Si
I really like them, one of my best friends is an ISFJ, but men Si can get on my nerves: they would rather just keep repeating stuff they did and are very rarely take any initiative when hanging out whit them,like purposing what to do or where to go, maybe I'm generalizing but still... :m125:

ESFJ: mainly because of their control issues. I am extremely independent and I encourage people to be the same way, but I have noticed that ESFJ's do not like or get extremely angry at anyone that doesn't do what they want/feel is right. This makes me nutty! But that doesn't mean I won't tolerate them. They are different than me, but that doesn't make them wrong. Everyone beats to their own drummer. I accept the differences.

The more I realize that MBTI can be a predominant way to understand people, the more I realize that I don't understand others. I always thought others were like me, and that their thought processes, the way the comprehend and process emotions - where the way that I did things...now seeing that this is completely different for so many people, it has made me realize that I understand people far less than I originally thought!

Same here, though I find some types are easier to understand because regardless of their different starting points, the different pathways their thoughts take they kinda end up having same or similar conclusions. (for me those are NFs and NTs )

If the INFJ in a bit undeveloped and immature, ESTJs usually have a problem with those INFJs, because they are very practical and don't like any philosophical thinking, so they tend to find INFJs a bit delusional.

But really, before the MBTI and all these stuff, people were just trying to understand each other and it was much better. Now you supposedly have to now what is the type of the person, to know if you can get along or not...so much b******t.

I tend to have more conflict with ENFJs & ISFJs & ISTJs than other types. For some reason I really prefer people who have Te most of the time and I like it when a person says things that make sense, even if I might not disagree with it. When I meet people who exhibit too much Fe it can be a bit draining for me, and if they don't have anything interesting to say, it typically makes it worse for me.

Actually I think introverted perceiving doms (IxxJ) are the hardest to understand if they're not well-developed or are emotional.

Difficult to get along...ESTJ and ESFJ.
I found myself easier to get along with an ESFJ than an ESTJ, but only in certain layers, after a specific level (personal stuffs; our outlook on life, social beliefs, the way we see things, etc)
ESTJ will attempt to control the other (in this case, me) by putting them down / using their Te to prove they're right.
ESFJ will attempt to use Ti to defend themselves and their beliefs and all the social structure they have built (I understand, as a Ti user myself), and then will use Fe to...basically, maneuver themselves away from me.

That is not always wrong, but-- not always comfortable either. And when I seek intimacy and closeness-- hoo boy. Forget about it. -__-;

Difficult to understand:
ISTJ and INTJ, I think.
INTJ for the Ni and Te combination-- something so similar, and yet so different.
ISTJ for the Si and Te combination-- they were dependable, yes, but their adherence to 'what works' is rather...aiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!

ESTP is an interesting case. with an ESTP, I found myself somehow unable to dig deep (at least the few ESTPs I have met)-- it's very difficult to even get -there-, much less understand.

Usually ESTJs. I've never got along with people with this type as far as i know, no common ground. Te plus Fi sometimes gets me in trouble, even a couple of INFPs didn't liked me. Thing is, that i've never understood why, maybe they perceived me as a threat to their values, but i'm very respectful of others views, i can be warm, probably sometimes i like to make things fun and i do have a tendency to push others buttons, but i'm hardly serious about that. But one of the INFPs was a little bit sensitive when it happened i believe. Whatever, probably just bad chemistry anyway, and i didn't knew him very well either, i don't like it when people get too emotionally attached to ideals or what the world should be, probably i have a blindspot there.
It may sound weird, but three of the people that i've been close are ESTPs, two males, and one woman (she could be ESFP though). Lots of fun with them, and they all like me a lot too. Opposites attract at least in my case.

Last edited:
Usually ESTJs. I've never got along with people with this type as far as i know, no common ground. Te plus Fi sometimes gets me in trouble, even a couple of INFPs didn't liked me. Thing is, that i've never understood why, maybe they perceived me as a threat to their values, but i'm very respectful of others views, i can be warm, probably sometimes i like to make things fun and i do have a tendency to push others buttons, but i'm hardly serious about that. But one of the INFPs was a little bit sensitive when it happened i believe. Whatever, probably just bad chemistry anyway, and i didn't knew him very well either, i don't like it when people get too emotionally attached to ideals or what the world should be, probably i have a blindspot there.
It may sound weird, but three of the people that i've been close are ESTPs, two males, and one woman (she could be ESFP though). Lots of fun with them, and they all like me a lot too. Opposites attract at least in my case.
Yep, ESTJs can be a bit nasty if you don't know how to handle them.
ESTPs always dig into INFJs. I always get hit by ESTPs girls. They can be incredible sexy and eye catching, but usually they are not emotionally rewarding. Of course, not all of them. Some of them have a good balance between sexiness and emotional maturity.

INFJ's they be crazy.... ;P