Married to a ESTP.. | INFJ Forum

Married to a ESTP..

Ambrosia Lemon

Regular Poster
Dec 17, 2008
MBTI
infj
I have been married to my husband for six years now, and I just got into the MBTI thing. I just can't seem to find anything about a INFJ and a ESTP relationship on the web. I know I will get some books when I have some extra money, but I was wondering if anyone knows about my type with his type.

Here, here and here are some other threads on INFJ - ESTP interrelations which may help.

Thank you Lurker.Some of that was very good. I guess I am just wondering how I can get him to understand me on a deeper level, but I think that will be hard for him.

Prolly but understanding the differences and having the conviction to make it work gives you a good shot at achieving what you desire. ZenCat may be able to give some insight into with her relationship with her ESP if you have some specific questions, maybe.

I have lots of questions, I think I may bug the crap out of her,lol.

My hubby is an ESFJ...the think to keep in mind with the ES's is to try and not take things personally. Try not to look into things SO much. Generally a surface scratch test in regards to their intentions is the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Super hard for and IN.....but it can work.

heh, i've had my chance... good luck to you though...

i think, in a lot of ways, it was both of our faults... with us being so totally different...

My hubby is an ESFJ...the think to keep in mind with the ES's is to try and not take things personally. Try not to look into things SO much. Generally a surface scratch test in regards to their intentions is the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Super hard for and IN.....but it can work.

That is one of the problem we have, I tend to think/feel like he means more than what he is saying, and he always tells me he means what he says. That he is simple, and I am the complex one. Maybe it is true.

If it helps, a trigger I have with Mom is that she assumes I'm upset when I'm not (the tone of my voice, or something), and I assume she's saying more than she is.

It takes a lot to try and separate those things...but if you love one another and are devoted to making it work, it should work! Think of the things you have in common, and strive towards making those things work really, really well.