[INFJ] - Making friends as an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Making friends as an INFJ

I think INFJs tend to be more spiritually awake or aware compared to the majority of the population who has an inability to meet us in that state. It’s like walking among zombies. So there’s an added connection problem of, do I even want a friendship with someone who may always be half blind, deaf and mute? It’s a matter of a lack of options rather than ability.

I think it is a problem of most humans, to not be able to find others who align enough with whatever their standards are.

When you accept people as they are, friendship is easy to gain, but also more painful in traveling with them.

Everyone must weigh their acceptable pain levels.

Reactions: yokai
I think it is a problem of most humans, to not be able to find others who align enough with whatever their standards are.

When you accept people as they are, friendship is easy to gain, but also more painful in traveling with them.

Everyone must weigh their acceptable pain levels.
This.
I also find these days that I'm a bit more intense when it comes to making friendships.
I think the hardest part for me is balancing the urge to share insights and calming down enough to simply listen.
Sometimes that's all people need. A listening ear. Not someone to provide insightful information on every little detail.

Reactions: Wyote
This.
I also find these days that I'm a bit more intense when it comes to making friendships.
I think the hardest part for me is balancing the urge to share insights and calming down enough to simply listen.
Sometimes that's all people need. A listening ear. Not someone to provide insightful information on every little detail.

INFJs be like: SHARE ALL THE THINGS!
oh oops too much, I'll hide forever now

INFJs be like: SHARE ALL THE THINGS!
oh oops too much, I'll hide forever now
It's more like

Person: "Oh hey, so I experienced this in my life"
INFJ: "Oh! Did you do this too? How did it make you feel? Could it mean you might feel this way about some obscure random tangential unrelated thing? Did you by chance consider this aspect of it?"
Person: silence
INFJ: "Fuck, I'm sorry. Let's just.. start over."

Reactions: Wyote
It's more like

Person: "Oh hey, so I experienced this in my life"
INFJ: "Oh! Did you do this too? How did it make you feel? Could it mean you might feel this way about some obscure random tangential unrelated thing? Did you by chance consider this aspect of it?"
Person: silence
INFJ: "Fuck, I'm sorry. Let's just.. start over."

Person: I saw a goose today, it made me happy
INFJ:
giphy.gif

Reactions: yokai
I don't think the burden should be on the INFJ to always take the brunt of incompatibility. People who are different are not privileged by a system that anticipates and caters to their way of functioning. It's not necessarily the INFJs fault, nor is there an easy solution.

But it is not just about accepting others for who they are. It is about accepting yourself for who you are (or whatever you choose you to be).

Reactions: mintoots and Wyote