Majors?

QuietBrave

Sep 26, 2019
Minnesota
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Obviously education and career choice aren't based solely on MBTI type, lol, but I am curious what subjectively your favorite/recommended college majors would be for INFJ and ENFP in particular, or for various types and functions in general. I know I could google this (have in the past) and see a list, but personal opinions and experiences are more credible and interesting to me. Reason for curiosity: neither my husband not I finished college at the "normal age". We are currently putting him through a few credits at a time without incurring more debt in our 30s!

Reactions: JustPhil and April
Well i'm in my 30s. Actually I turn 34 today. My major is nursing and I am hoping to be in the actual program by fall of 2021:)

I would suggest teaching of some sort since a lot of INFJs do that... and the only ENFP I know is a teacher too. And he's great at it!

INFJ: Graphic Designer/UXD or Freelance Writer
ENFP: Social Worker or Salesman

Well i'm in my 30s. Actually I turn 34 today. My major is nursing and I am hoping to be in the actual program by fall of 2021:)

I would suggest teaching of some sort since a lot of INFJs do that... and the only ENFP I know is a teacher too. And he's great at it!

Happy birthday!
giphy.gif

Reactions: ny7x and JustPhil
I don't have any particular recommendations for INFJs and ENFPs. I believe doing something that has meaning to you is much more important than doing something just because that's what others say your type is good at doing.

If you do something that has meaning to you, you'll look forward to go to work when you wake up in the morning and it won't become a chore.

For me, I currently work in HR. I have a degree in Psychology, currently working on getting my accreditation in administering psychometric and psychological tests, and I'll do my Master's in Occupational Psychology in 2020 (if everything goes according to plan).

Reason for curiosity: neither my husband not I finished college at the "normal age". We are currently putting him through a few credits at a time without incurring more debt in our 30s!

There's no "normal age" to achieve milestones in life. Everyone's life is different and learning is a continuous process throughout our lives. I'm glad that you two are progressing one step at a time, I wish you all the best!

Happy Birthday April :)

Reactions: ny7x and April
Happpy happy happy happy happy birthday!!!

Reactions: April and ny7x
Obviously education and career choice aren't based solely on MBTI type, lol, but I am curious what subjectively your favorite/recommended college majors would be for INFJ and ENFP in particular, or for various types and functions in general. I know I could google this (have in the past) and see a list, but personal opinions and experiences are more credible and interesting to me. Reason for curiosity: neither my husband not I finished college at the "normal age". We are currently putting him through a few credits at a time without incurring more debt in our 30s!

Hello! I've been a teacher for almost a decade now. I teach in university. What I can say is that learning is for everybody. MBTI helps me understand the emergent thought processing styles of my students and thus it gives me a complete set of data to use so that I could decide how to be patient and how to go about giving my students new knowledge or forcing them into something else.

I think that basically, we can be anything that we want to be if we set our full dedication to it. So the question is not really a matter of what profession suits me but more of, what line of knowledge am I willing to dedicate myself to, how much do I intend to pursue it, and how much money do I intend to make out of it?

Mbti only means we have different learning processes, be that cognitive or more but knowledge and fulfillment from it is all open to chance grabbing.

Happy birthday dear @April
siro-torter-20.jpg

We're born the same day i see? :)
Libra power!

OT:
I'd say, don't stress it much because by the time we are asked to make this decision, we are real far form knowing our true selves!
Speaking of birthdays.. i became a completely different person where astrology says that your ascendant takes charge.
Right where @April is today. (30-34) (i am now 38 (as of yesterday :p))
Did you know? your ascendant takes control after your 30s?

I have picked up two computer science degrees until then which have now become
only the foundation upon which psychiatry can be expressed through video editing.
I'm an INFP butterfly that cared a lot for studies and careers when it was crawling as a caterpillar.
But you can't expect what flying will be like when you decide a course of studies.

This is why i appreciate the American Education system.
It gives students a lot of options and it turns out i followed the life path of one course
which was to work (and make a video of) at a therapeutic riding (horses) where children with needs are held on the horse for mental and physical exercise.
It was not a class in my course of studies, but merely a summer elective class.

20 years later, i only make videos on children (hehe and occasionally horses.)

But it doesn't even matter! Whatever you choose, it will all make sense later (post transformation)
and your choices with what you knew back then, are the tools you will need when you transform.
There's some ethereal providence out there... controlling things we can't, for our own good.
59239031183e8da395df9836704e3b28.jpg
now, i can't suggest for INFJs since i am not acquainted well with your skills.
(I have an INFJ friend who is installing/designing 4G antennas for life and he seems happy and loving it)
I'd say, psychiatry and Human resources but that would be the ideal for me the INFP fairy, so i am not sure for INFJs
But do you want my bet?
I'd bet (believe) you guys/gals are the best for law!
kick some guilty butt and free some innocents with your benevolent judging skills!!
Teaching seems to be your purpose in life too, so just choose the field your heart desires and you will be becoming a teacher on that later down the road.
Children are our future! our future needs care in the present just like gardening does.

Learn to follow the choices of your heart early. (INFP suggestion)
The mind is a terrible thing to listen to :) (Money, norms, careers, all belong to the mind i'd say)
and there will always be a war between those two.
a war the true YOU must win ;-)
<3

Last edited:
Reactions: April
INFJ: Graphic Designer/UXD or Freelance Writer
ENFP: Social Worker or Salesman

What on earth are you smoking? INFJ's are much better suited to social work! And ENFP's are better suited for Freelance.

Ni/Fe = People focused, obsessed with organization
Ne/Fi = Self focused, obsessed with freedom.

Reactions: Wyote
What on earth are you smoking? INFJ's are much better suited to social work! And ENFP's are better suited for Freelance.

Doesn't hurt to push yourself a little in life

Freelance Writer

:m172:

Surely this is a bit reductive, although I generally would agree that ENFPs are better suited for freelance.