major msn fail...

Galileo

Donor
Oct 8, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
The Challenger
has anyone else experienced epic msn fail recently?

I ask purely because I was wondering why noone was talking to me this morning and when I looked at my list I found that all 500+ of my contacts have been blocked.

I mean...WTF!

what on earth can cause that.

I have to unblock them all by hand now...

Oh, MSN....

What version are you using? The newest is terrible...

I'm using the version just before the newest one.

I can't upgrade, because the new one isn't accessible.

you can find older versions at http://www.oldversion.com

there's also a link to some kind of patch that will make microsoft stop forcing you to update.

My MSN did that once, I don't have nearly as many MSN contacts as you do though so it wasn't quite as annoying to undo it all!
I should actually use MSN more often, its quite nice to talk to people with. ;)

I actually don't even talk to them all. but I play nationstates, so most of them are from there from other regions that I need to talk to about once every 6 months...

it's the best text chatting program I know of. skype is ok for talking, but I don't like their chat as much.

I actually don't even talk to them all. but I play nationstates, so most of them are from there from other regions that I need to talk to about once every 6 months...

it's the best text chatting program I know of. skype is ok for talking, but I don't like their chat as much.

I like tinychat, but my computer can't handle that right now :(
So MSN is the best for my needs currently.

If anyone from here wants to add me on my new Msn, it's: EloGideon@gmail.com ;)

Last edited:
I can't even figure out how tinychat works haha.

I can't even figure out how tinychat works haha.

It's quite easy :)
I just can't use it at the moment because our internet is too slow and I lag like crazy, and at the moment I am at the library and their computer just wouldn't load the page. Gahh!

I highly suggest switching to a different IM client, Microsoft's Messenger is an epic piece of garbage.

I recomment Trillian or Digsby. (both freeware)

doesn't switching to another client mean that every one of your friends has to switch to it too?

doesn't switching to another client mean that every one of your friends has to switch to it too?

A lot of IM clients allow you to have msn contacts, as well as yahoo and others.

No, your contacts are associated with the IM account, not the client. You can sign into as many different clients with the same account as you want.

Mind you, most clients like the ones I suggested require you to make an additional account which is associated with the client, but your MSN, AIM, ICQ, etc accounts remain unaffected. The only thing you have to do is set them up from within the client, which isn't hard, you'll usually be prompted to do it and be given instructions.