Louisiana sheriff trains volunteers for 'Project Exodus' to combat terrorism | INFJ Forum

Louisiana sheriff trains volunteers for 'Project Exodus' to combat terrorism

Sloe Djinn

Idiot with Internet Access.
Mar 2, 2010
MBTI
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Nothing soothes my soul like the thought of 200 vigilantes with riot sticks and a 50-cal mounted on their car running around the backwoods fightin' the "war on tur-r". God help any Islamic people living in that neck of the woods.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...eers-for-project-exodus-to-combat-terrorism/1

A Louisiana sheriff has begun training 200 local volunteers in basic hand-to-hand combat techniques as part of Project Exodus aimed at protecting the northwestern corner of the state from the danger of terrorists, the Shreveport Times reports.
Reporter Drew Pierson writes that Bossier Parish Sheriff Larry Deen's policing plan involves "a mostly white group of ex-police volunteers and a .50-caliber machine gun" and was inspired in part from the Book of Exodus in the Bible.

"The buck stops with Larry Deen," the sheriff says, according to the Times. "The liability stops with Larry Deen. I am the chief law enforcement officer in this parish, and it is incumbent upon me protect all of the people in it."

Deen rejects any notion that he is setting up a militia. "We run from that word," he says. "We're just the opposite that word."
Doyle Dempsey, chief deputy for support services, says in the training video that if the project is successful "we will be ahead of the curve when it comes to fighting Islamic extremists."
The volunteers will be equipped with shotguns, riot shields and batons, the newspaper says. A .50-caliber machine gun will be mounted on what the sheriff's office calls "the war wagon."
Five of the 200 volunteers are black, the Times says. Women will be used only in a "support role," Deen says, indicating non-combat activity.
The teams of "highly trained volunteers" would be used to protect food, water, oil, gas and medical supplies in the event of a disaster, like Hurricane Katrina, in which state and federal resources are limited.
"We want to make sure that never happens here," he says.

That is...ugh.

I hate to say "that's so Louisiana" but...yeah. Good night. "We're not a militia" but they have all the weapons and "volunteers" indicating it, and they're going after "terrorists."

They had another name for such folks in the 1920s-1960s.

They were called the Klu Klux Klan.

:m194:

I mean, seriously....what the hell are you doing mounting a 50-cal on a car, and what the hell are you going to protect!? You live in NORTHWESTERN LOUISIANA for cryin' out loud!

Sorry can't resist x) i realize it's not at all funny at the moment, and it's gonna get even worse, but still
[youtube]KLni3wbndls[/youtube]

BWAAHAHAH! I love that clip! "Dey tk dr drrr!!"

ROFL! That one guy sounded like a rooster...:D He'd be great to record for an alarm clock.