Linux Help Desk | INFJ Forum

Linux Help Desk

S

Shai Gar

[01:36:32] <aa5> I'm new to linux and I have a stange probleme, I don't have free space anymore on my server, I found some big logs, I delete them (5 GB) and my free spece is the seme like before :(( pleas help me
[01:36:54] <ShaiGar> Gday
[01:37:19] <ShaiGar> aa5, what distro are you running?
[01:37:32] <aa5> fedora 6
[01:37:47] <ShaiGar> are you familiar with commandline at all?
[01:37:56] <aa5> yes
[01:38:04] <ShaiGar> and how long has it been running? uptime?
[01:38:17] <ShaiGar> because there's something that first time users sometimes forget to do
[01:38:20] <aa5> 1 month
[01:38:23] <ShaiGar> okay
[01:38:36] <ShaiGar> yeah you should have done this 2 weeks ago but nevermind
[01:38:50] <aa5> :)
[01:38:53] <ShaiGar> in the command line write this "sudo rm /etc/"
[01:39:03] <ShaiGar> the etc is just there to help you set it up
[01:39:10] * dwell sets mode: +b *!*jsk@202.61.215.*
[01:39:13] * You were kicked by nunya (Banned)

Post your experiences

:shock:

Me thinks I will never ask you for help.

RFOL Ownage lol it's really phun bro :p

hahaha I have no idea how i missed this thread... but i switched to linux about 5 or 6 months ago, and dude... you're an asshole.

hahaha, That day I was in all the various irc servers giving dangerous/bogus information...

teaching someone about alt-f4 being the easiest way to kick someone out of the channel isn't any fun these days... everyone's been on irc too long.

teaching someone about alt-f4 being the easiest way to kick someone out of the channel isn't any fun these days... everyone's been on irc too long.

I assume that telling them that IRC automatically censors their passwords doesn't work, either.

"you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2"

I used to live in Portland, OR and drive out to the suburb were Linus Torvalds lives. Every once in a while I'd catch him driving the same commute highway I was on. Shiny red sports car with "Linux" as the license plate. I thought about flashing him once, but I was too star struck. True Story.

I'm sorry... what were we talking about.