Life is short... but minutes are long | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Life is short... but minutes are long

I am seldom in all that big of a hurry. I like to allow time for others, time to chat with people...even random people. I met some friends for breakfast this morning at the little Mexican restaurant I eat at all the time...stayed there for four hours. A new record...good times!!

Oooh, that sounds good - especially mexican food - mmmmm!

I like that RS. :D How do you maintain enough of a stress-free life to move slowly and enjoy yourself?

I am seldom in all that big of a hurry. I like to allow time for others, time to chat with people...even random people. I met some friends for breakfast this morning at the little Mexican restaurant I eat at all the time...stayed there for four hours. A new record...good times!!

That's a good way to go :) I think everyone would be a little happier if they set this as the ideal lifestyle instead of all that corporate garbage.

Be strong enough to take the stress in stride.

Be malleable enough to learn the lessons it brings.

...AND DANCE!

:hug:

Last edited:
How do you maintain enough of a stress-free life to move slowly and enjoy yourself?
At some point I stepped away from the world of "other people's expectations/demands" and s-l-o-w-e-d t-h-i-n-g-s d-o-w-n. I am also frightfully easy to amuse, so I get a lot of satisfaction from events right where I am...it's not "out there somewhere." Shifting from a deadline-driven career helped (something of an accident)...so did getting totally dumped by my kids (they are now all married or off at school)....just me and the tumbleweeds here now. :)

It may also have something with the rather long process of reorienting myself according to some of the big questions in life. With those things somewhat settled for me it left me free to wonder at all the shiney, sparkly little details swirling about within....really quite lovely. Now, I died a thousands deaths to get here....but I also had at least thrice that number of rebirths. All in all it was well worth it.

Reactions: Questingpoet
At some point I stepped away from the world of "other people's expectations/demands" and s-l-o-w-e-d t-h-i-n-g-s d-o-w-n. I am also frightfully easy to amuse, so I get a lot of satisfaction from events right where I am...it's not "out there somewhere." Shifting from a deadline-driven career helped (something of an accident)...so did getting totally dumped by my kids (they are now all married or off at school)....just me and the tumbleweeds here now. :)

It may also have something with the rather long process of reorienting myself according to some of the big questions in life. With those things somewhat settled for me it left me free to wonder at all the shiney, sparkly little details swirling about within....really quite lovely. Now, I died a thousands deaths to get here....but I also had at least thrice that number of rebirths. All in all it was well worth it.

Lovely. :) I'd like to get there too. :):m032:

You can actually measure your internal state by a simple exercise: start a timer and close your eyes. Then without counting feel a minute of time passing by. Open the eyes and check with the timer. If your minute is shorter than the actual then you're living too fast. If longer then you're too slow. Doing this exercise a couple of times recalibrates your internal clock for the rest of a day.
Posted via Mobile Device

You know what I mean - "Life is good and happy and you mustn't keep thinking negative things - and Cinderella gets her man after all."

I can tell myself those 'happy' things all day, and I still have to go to work in the morning and bust my butt to pay for a roof over our heads. One of my favorite things that anyone has said on this forum was Slant's "ILLOGICAL! DOES NOT COMPUTE!"

Aliens rock. Did you see my new avatar? I'm not the big green guy btw - just in case anyone else wondered.

:p