Let's talk about Satan | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

Let's talk about Satan

I was always fascinated by the devil as I was raised Catholic.
Honestly, I think I just liked all the heavy metal imagery more than I really pondered on the issue.
Now, at a push, I would say the Bible is referring to something real.

My very hesistantly put opinion is that the Old Testament refers to true events but we have really missed the point.
So, I would be more likely to believe in things like giants (relative to us) having lived on earth and demons in the astral planes.
Demons are distinct from malicious souls, they are more powerful and have knowledge of the big picture...like angels.
Could the devil be a force for separation consciousness akin to an archangel? Possibly...I don't know...it's scary to think about.
I don't think there is a force of evil equal to God, however. It seems clear in all religious doctrine that love trumps evil.

Sympathy for the devil is a great tune, probably as good as The wanderer a tune about believers.

Oh, it's this thread.

Reading my old posts here, it's amazing how calm and collected I used to be. This place is wearing me thin.

I also think anyone interested in these sorts of topics ought to read a sci fi novel called Lord of Light by an author Zelzany, its very good, makes you think about possible wider implications of belief, Dune does too but its a little different to Dune which does a good job of illustrating the bizarro possible evolution of belief over the extremely long time period.

Im goinv to start a thread talking about gotan. This one is a bit boring.

[video=youtube;wMiGSpXVBv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMiGSpXVBv0[/video]

I also think anyone interested in these sorts of topics ought to read a sci fi novel called Lord of Light by an author Zelzany, its very good, makes you think about possible wider implications of belief, Dune does too but its a little different to Dune which does a good job of illustrating the bizarro possible evolution of belief over the extremely long time period.

The Dune series was fantastic…although, I only read the first four…beyond that, it seems they begin to get sort of convoluted.