Let's make fun of philosophers | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Let's make fun of philosophers

Hegel assumed human consciousness is evolving towards something better. I'd like to put a bus load of loud mouthed Karens in a time machine, and send them to him.

In a similar vein, Leibniz once said that ultimate reality was made of an infinity of self-conscious monads.

But Voltaire wondered:

Can-you-really-believe-that-a-drop-280819.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-20_12-35-4.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-20_12-35-4.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote
I think I was Voltaire in a past life.
His cousin, at the very least.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Ren

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote
There are no words for how much I love this meme

eb105ace06f98787137db7f32bdc2249.jpg

Reactions: John K and aeon

Reactions: John K and aeon
Reactions: Ok08Y567gA and aeon
Not sure why this is your response to my video, but I'm a fan of the channel

My response is because there will always be a mass and suffering, but there will not always a be light and antidote. If one ultimately goes on to be hated by the most, then to be loved by the one that will go on to do more than you is the best outcome for whatever the true nature of things is. So long as someone does not lose their highest hope there is the potential for a time when most others will pick theirs back up again and in so doing will give rise to another age of history that people take careful note in remembering as a guide and inspiration from what so easily causes the worst of our lot in this world, for this potential I'm willing to be hated.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
My response is because there will always be a mass and suffering, but there will not always a be light and antidote. If one ultimately goes on to be hated by the most, then to be loved by the one that will go on to do more than you is the best outcome for whatever the true nature of things is. So long as someone does not lose their highest hope there is the potential for a time when most others will pick theirs back up again and in so doing will give rise to another age of history that people take careful note in remembering as a guide and inspiration from what so easily causes the worst of our lot in this world, for this potential I'm willing to be hated.

That's the spirit

Reactions: aeon and Ok08Y567gA
afa385acf0268b541a515b5b8570b182.jpg

I tried reading the Phenomenology of Spirit a couple months ago, 10-15 years after my first attempt.

A few days of pain later: "Okay, I'll just rely on what the podcasts say" lmao.
:smile:
It must be true:

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things.