Let's make fun of philosophers | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Let's make fun of philosophers

Why wouldn't Voltaire be potentially electrified by his work?

Now that you mention it, he was always amped up while he wrote.

A genuine ENTP philosopher. His archrival Rousseau was INFP with INFJ tendencies (Social Contract and Confessions are a strange blend of works).

Simone Weil liked to live her philosophy behind a veil of parsimony.

Haha. I enjoyed the Simone Weil reference. Have you ever read her work?

My brother is a big fan. He's written a number of articles on her work. Also on Chesterton.

Samuel Beckett should have written the play Waiting for Godel.

It's a play about how Einstein, Popper, Tarski are waiting for Godel to show up for a game of tennis doubles but he never turns up.

The next time they see him they brush aside his excuses with Kurt replies.

Nietzsche: "What does not kill me makes me stronger!"

Madness: *exists*

Nietzsche:

9ayWKzZ.png

Aristotle: "the First Cause cannot itself be caused, hence God exists and he is timeless"

Kant: *Third Antinomy*

Aristotle:

7eafffd12c90b239579d58f901fbf3833c7aedd5_full.jpg

Reactions: Wyote and Pin
Deleuze gives great insight into Kant. Check it out (there are subtitles available):

@Pin Did you watch?

Time to get your Kant homework done buddy!

Reactions: Pin
I think reducing Hegel's philosophy to a bagel is strangely apt in its own twisted way, because Hegel is all about the circle: thesis-antithesis-synthesis-thesis-antithesis-synthesis-thesis....

Anyway, I'm probably overthinking this.

I'm surprised no one(at least to my knowledge) has mentioned Francis Bradley yet. But at the moment I can't think of a good Bradley joke...nothing that appears is ever what it seems, I guess

Why specifically surprised at the non mention of Bradley? There's a lot of philosophers we haven't mentioned here.

If Gilbert Ryle saw this thread... boy would he get riled up!

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I remember reading about the frustrations his philosopher peers would have with him.

• There's also this fun description: "Bradley was a leading figure in this movement of original reappropriation of alien ideas, which he explicitly promoted as the sole antidote to dogmatism and intellectual sclerosis " (ref:https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/bradley/)
  • Also I remember hearing quite a few Bertrand Russell jokes in school in the past, I just assumed a natural link to joking on his predecessor
I mean... aliens, man...aliens...lol ok I'm done

Still trying to come up with a Bradley joke Maikl... I haven't forgotten about you

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
Heidegger: *Writes Being and Time and basks in the glory*

Wittgenstein: "All metaphysical writing is nonsense"

Heidegger:

avatars-000342155287-3aw4j1-t240x240.jpg