Laziness, anyone? | INFJ Forum

Laziness, anyone?

wormheart

Jun 23, 2008
So, profiles always say that INFJs tend to be conscientious. I guess I used to be more diligent and ambitious, but the more I look at the big picture, the less motivated I have become since "we're all going to die anyway." That fact is actually quite reassuring and freeing.

Whenever you complete one assignment you're just handed the next one until the routine feels so pointless that even its eventual payoff doesn’t seem worth it anymore. I have no patience for rote learning and regurgitating to forget the next day for example. INFJs rarely relish in their past achievements anyway, regardless of whether we're given the chance to.

My J is also the lowest % so I sometimes test INFP. _While_ procrastinating I'll dread being pressure-prompted in the near future, but I’ll still put things off until tomorrow because I’m just too consumed by my own interests. I sometimes even don’t turn up on the day of a deadline in order to complete something or study for a test.

I only ever have time for the things I care about, inclining towards leisure pursuits (not necessarily mindless...like mbti!) rather than “duty tasks” (academic accomplishments for my age group.) What about you guys, is your personal life of greater priority than school or career? Or perhaps work is your primary means to fulfilling your vision? Do you work first than play or vice versa?

If I'm really stressed (like right now!), I totally slack! Play first! Must relieve the stress (makes no sense to me, either!).

Haha there's always an underlying stress enabling me to slack off too, There's always something more productive I should be doing but even if I become restless over it, I cope by resisting completion even more :S If there's too much to do it's overwhelming to think of where to even begin!

I'm very lazy. Unless I want to do something, then I'm a workhorse. But it is rare that I actually want to do something.

I believe INFJs are the laziest J type. :D

working, i'm actually a hard worker, once i get started...

actually meeting deadlines? not so much... yea, my personal interests usually takes over

Motor Jax said:
working, i'm actually a hard worker, once i get started...

actually meeting deadlines? not so much... yea, my personal interests usually takes over

exactly!

drives my supervisor mad but oh well... it's my life anyway. :p

I've been intending to write in this thread for a while now but i haven't been able to build up the motivat