Last Dawn's Type | INFJ Forum

Last Dawn's Type

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by AUM, Jul 28, 2010.

Share This Page

?
  1. ESTJ

    3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. ISTJ

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ESTP

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ISTP

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ESFJ

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. ISFJ

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ESFP

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ISFP

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. ENTJ

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. INTJ

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. ENTP

    1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  12. INTP

    1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  13. ENFJ

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. INFJ

    4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  15. ENFP

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. INFP

    2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by AUM
  1. AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Ok, guys, I would like some input from the forum to help me with my mbti type. I'm usually very good at typing other individuals, but when it comes to me, I'm usually really lost. That's why I think getting information from a different perspective could help me with this task.

    For starters, I'll begin with some information about myself, if you have any further questions that you think would add more understanding, just ask. Thank you.

    Information:

    • I'm very task-oriented, to the point of ignoring other people's concern for the sake of finishing what I need to do.
    • I tend to be very single-minded. I usually have a compulsive way of thinking things
    • I'm very introverted, but when I'm in a group I can be very outgoing and caring of other people.
    • Very independent; hate being bounded by people and norms
    • I usually care what people think of me, even though it annoys me
    • I'm not very opinionated. I don't hold many opinions on how things should be
    • I'm very calm during crisis situations, and look at things very logical from a detached standpoint
    • I don't show my feelings very much, but they're really intense
    • I'm sensitive to a fault, I don't take conflicts really well
    • Very reflective and curious
    • I like analyzing things
    • Very awkward in social situations with people I don't know
    • I only have 1-2 real friends. Many acquaintances
    • I enjoy learning and using it in real life situations; hate theoretical concepts that are not applicable
    • I hate violence

    I also did this video a while back, maybe it can help as well.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Z7Mf1FVOA"]YouTube- Introverted Intuition(INFJ,INTJ)[/ame]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Setka

    Setka Newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Threads:
    1
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    It is extremely scary how every single one of those qualities applies to me as well. I also feel that I am sitting on the fence between my rational and abstract self. Are you my doppelganger?
     
  3. OP
    AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    yes, it's extremely scary to know that I could be someone's doppleganger, what the heck is a doppleganger? lol
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Who the hell chose ESTJ? that's not funny!:p
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 AUM, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    IndigoSensor likes this.
  5. KazeCraven

    KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    Threads:
    76
    Messages:
    1,339
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    177
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    I could see nearly all of those applying to me for a number of reasons, and all have been accurate at some point in my life, hence why I typed you as INTP. Also, while my second guess would be INFJ, I have difficulty conceptualizing an INFJ who doesn't have a strong opinion on several issues, considering Ni-dominant. I'd ask for clarity about what it is you are referring to when you say that you hate theoretical concepts that are not applicable. I'm not really one to speculate about things obviously (or even probably) false either.

    Your description of Ni in the video is interesting, but I think Ne is often used in an introverted way, in the sense that it pulls up ideas from stored information in Si.

    I would think, however, that this will end up quite inconclusive.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Those are good points KazeCraven, and I thank you for your insight. Let me answer some of your concerns.

    Actually what makes opinions is not Ni, but rather Fe. Ni just gathers information and Fe makes opinions based on Ni's input. I usually gather information and can actually see both points of an issue. But I'm very decisive when people expect me to come up with a decision on an issue, but in my mind, I can relate to the opposing side as well. So if you ask me some thing such as "do you think religion is wrong?", I can assertively tell you that it is, but at the same time I could come up with a counter-argument of why people follow it anyway because in my head, I have considered every contingency of each side. When I say that I'm not very opinionated, I mean that I don't rigidly stand firmly on a principle if there are better ways to look at something.

    What I meant here was that I dislike concepts that reign solely on the speculation. For example, if someone states that there might be other universes in a black hole, well it's an interesting concept, but I would not be interested in it because under our current technology, it's impossible to know if that's true or not. In other words, I like concepts that can be observed and manipulated in our current time. In the example of a universe inside a black hole, I would be more interested in knowing how such thing could be observed and how it could affect us directly.

    Could you elaborate on this? I always thought that Ne looked for patterns in the external environment and came up with different ways to see things.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Razare

    Razare Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2010
    Threads:
    13
    Messages:
    393
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6 sx/sp
    INFJ, I think.

    "I don't show my feelings very much, but they're really intense."

    You do the same thing I do, I use Ti to make a conscious choice on whether I express my emotional state. 9 times out of 10, I choose not to.

    This shows you're making a conscious choice not to show your Fe. An INTJ would have difficulty even knowing what they feel; and what they have is Fi, which is internal. Furthermore, INTJ's usually construct their writing differently than yours. Finding an INTJ uncertain about anything is like well, I don't think it's possible. They'll be certain about something, whether its right or wrong, and if you prove them wrong they instantly reevaluate their Ni to make it right again in the matter of a split second.

    I don't think I've ever seen one express uncertainty. I'm sure they do, it's just rare. If they are uncertain, they would likely tell you the facts that they must know in order to resolve their uncertainty.

    If you use Ni, you're not an INTP. I don't get an INTP vibe from you either. Now if you think you may be using Ti and Ne, then you are an INTP.

    Being task oriented somewhat precludes you from being INTP, though. Task oriented INTP's are 40 or older because it takes them that long to figure out how to do it... lol j/k
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Razare

    Razare Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2010
    Threads:
    13
    Messages:
    393
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6 sx/sp
    Uhmm... People who are voting ESTJ must be bots or something. Watch the video, if he's an ESTJ then I'm one too.

    INFP, I just don't see it. He doesn't have the eyes for it. INFP's tend not to be analytical at all because they don't have Ti.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. BlinkandThink

    BlinkandThink Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Threads:
    17
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    67
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    It does, and you can observe this most clearly in Ne dominant people.

     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. BlinkandThink

    BlinkandThink Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Threads:
    17
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    67
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    FREE
    Enneagram:
    7w6


    The (we) people who are voting for ESTJ are silently amusing (ourselves) themselves. :m024:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #10 BlinkandThink, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  11. OP
    AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Interesting points Razare.

    Let me start from the beginning:

    I half-agree with you on this part. To begin with, yes, I don't like showing my feelings to anyone because I'm very protective of my inner self, and I wouldn't want to be seen as I'm losing my composure. When an emotional problem arises, I feel more comfortable and secure dismissing my feelings and coming up with a 'problem-solution' scheme on how to handle the situation. So if someone is crying or feeling depressed, I don't give comfort but rather a solution as to how to fix the problem.

    I've been contemplating INTJ for a time, and as you said, they always seem so confident and secure in their decisions that I feel rather off being one of them, when I'm always doubtful of what I should be doing. However, I also see myself doing INTJ "stuff". For example, I love using tables and coming up with plans on how things should be on a day. I love strategy and come up with very complex systems of models to my routine.

    I definitely use Ti a lot. Ne comes to me from time to time, but I know for sure that it is not very strong.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #11 AUM, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  12. OP
    AUM

    AUM The Romantic Scientist

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2009
    Threads:
    132
    Messages:
    2,838
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1,989
    Trophy Points:
    802
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I only related with the part that said "bored with monotony and likes autonomy", other than that, nothing else. My intuitive flashes are sometimes so confusing that it takes a looong time to be able to put them into words.

    So would you say that an introverted Ni-user uses their internal world to build their external environment?

    The guilty confesses lol
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #12 AUM, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  13. Razare

    Razare Community Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2010
    Threads:
    13
    Messages:
    393
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w6 sx/sp
    That's an INFJ characteristic. We provide a bit of emotional support, maybe, but we're more concerned about the causes of emotional distress and how to fix it. It seems like T at first to me too, but that's probably because we're using Ti to come up with a solution.

    See the INTP when posed with a person crying will also look at that person's situation and try to find a solution for them. The INTP approach is VERY different from an INFJ, though, especially less mature INTP's that more strongly represent the type.

    INFJ's will pretty much know what to do and tell the person.

    INTP's will look at all the options possible for that person, and whittle them away one by one, using logic. They don't actually know the right answer, they use logic to whittle away at possibilities. Some of the possibilities they may derive will be utterly absurd, but that's an INTP for you, they think outside the box at all times.

    -----------------

    An INTP response would often be like this too, they'd provide you with a list of solutions to your problem that are all doable. INFJ's tend to just pick the best right from the get-go and provide that as advice.

    It's a great tell on a forum that you're dealing with an INTP, when you ask a question and you receive a list of possible answers.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #13 Razare, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    AUM likes this.
  14. magister343

    magister343 Permanent Fixture

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2010
    Threads:
    4
    Messages:
    1,106
    Likes Received:
    209
    Trophy Points:
    607
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Enneagram:
    stupid system (5w4)
    INFJs should be comfortable with using their relief role Ti, although a bit immature in its use. It should come out a lot when heavily stressed.

    Ne is the oppositional role for an INFJ, which means INFJs tend to be pretty good at using it but only for a limited time as it still has a high energy cost. It is an area in which you would be expected to be stubborn and argumentative, and you may use it only with a very narrow focus. If it is anything like my oppositional role Te, it is something you'd rather not have to deal with but sometimes feel that you have to in order to fix how poorly those around you are using it.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. IndigoSensor

    IndigoSensor Product Obtained
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Threads:
    762
    Messages:
    14,154
    Likes Received:
    1,297
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    1w2 sx/so/sp
    Alright, you are an INFJ.

    The list of things you have before the video in the post actually sounds more INTJ then anything. However, that does not emerge so much in your video. At first I think you started it out with a series of walls. You will actually use Ni and Ti before your Fe comes into play. It's as if it needs time to "boot up" in effect. In particular in the clinical setting you made this video in (or at least, that is how you wanted it to be). I think you have a strong hold over Ti, and to a lesser extent Se. You have balenced yourself out as far as the functions go. You're pretty well developed. However once you began to work on Ti you began to really distrust Fe (which is common for some of us). As such, it might lead to a little confusion. Your expressions are definitently Ni>Fe, as there is a connective force in a sense that can't be masked. If you were INTJ it would feel much more of a boaring nature and very cold and exacting. You have a pretty balenced out J/P axis, but your J wins out because of your use of Ti and Fe together (its rare for you to use one of them strongly over the other.)

    In a nutshell you're an INFJ. And for those of you who voted ESTJ, quit clowning around, I know who you are too :tongue1:.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AUM likes this.
  16. KazeCraven

    KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    Threads:
    76
    Messages:
    1,339
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    177
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    Hmmm, yes this sounds like you have a very informed worldview. I suppose I was considering the issue that Ni is where all you know about the world is stored, and if something contradicts that (and your worldview is dominant) then you are more likely to assert that you are right, primarily because what's most important for a Pi-dominant is what's up there stored about their world. Also, when I don't feel comfortable asserting an opinion is precisely when I don't have enough information about the issue to make an informed opinion. I do have opinions, I'm just so aware that they are uninformed that I don't want to voice them; they'll change soon anyway.

    Also, I should add that I have conceptualized Fe as a function used for judging what effects our actions will have on others. Basically I see it as how we come to understand other peoples' values and how we can appease or manipulate others to have the desired effect.

    Certainly. What I mean to say is that when an INTP (or INFP for that matter) uses Ne, it is often used in relation to the dominant Ji (Ti or Fi) function. When navigating the environment, sure Ne is what is handling the stuff coming in, looking for patterns to make sense of what's out there, but when an INxP introspects (and we do this quite a lot) he/she will pull stored information up from Si to generate possibilities from, which are subsequently analyzed (or submitted to Fi for evaluation). As Si always accompanies Ne, this is always an option for Ne users.

    For example, I might pull up a memory of an interaction I had with someone, do a quick consultation of Fe to get my footing of where the person is probably coming from, and then generate ideas for what that person's perspective might have been, or how that person might have reacted if I did X or Y or Z. I don't do this a whole lot nowadays, having realized that my Fe will likely never be developed enough to give a good understanding of the impact my actions will have with others. But I've been doing it a whole lot with music, pulling up a song and noticing, for the first time, that the pattern here is similar to the one there, but a minor variation was made somewhere in it. It often seems to come out rather spontaneously, with me never really "pulling up" the music so much as just find myself thinking, "hmmm, yes, that would make sense..." Thus I could be confusing introverted Ne with unconscious Ni (though I doubt it; half of the discussion about Ni sounds like its not under conscious control anyway).

    I agree with BlinkandThink, however, that Ne is normally used externally, as exhibited by what was quoted. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, because subsequent discussion has made me think you are actually an INFJ.

    I am very task-oriented (or, at least, I was a couple of years ago), so it's possible for an INTP to be such, but yeah, I'd now argue INFJ. Not sure how accurate Razare's distinction about comforting people is, but I'd be much more inclined to listen to their concerns, empathize with them, then tell what I think they should do (usually phrasing it as, "well, what I'd do is...") regardless of whether I'd never do that because the person is completely different from me. Either way, it doesn't sound at all like the direct-solution method.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #16 KazeCraven, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  17. TinyBubbles

    TinyBubbles anarchist

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2009
    Threads:
    245
    Messages:
    9,350
    Featured Threads:
    2
    Likes Received:
    2,217
    Trophy Points:
    966
    MBTI:
    ^.^
    Enneagram:
    .
    hard to say. i see infj, intj and intp as strong contenders :p definitely "IN" and too analytical to be infp. probably infj is correct.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Loading...

Share This Page